The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Nov 24, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #901 of 1,049
Andertons Music Co. are currently selling the 250Ω version for £100 with free delivery: andertons.co.uk

Just ordered a pair myself, due to arrive Monday.

Also came across this review that links to a (very simple) modification to fix driver imbalance: diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com
My left cup is fixed so well that the bass is louder than the right cup. Hmmm

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #903 of 1,049
^ Thanks.

They sent me an open box item by mistake, so I returned it for a refund.

The customer service was amazing. My phone call was answered immediately and just five minutes later ended with everything sorted. The next day the parcel was collected and two days later a full refund appeared in my bank account.

They did offer to replace it with a brand new sealed item, but I decided to continue looking into various options for my current needs before pulling the trigger.

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #904 of 1,049
Few weeks ago I ran an ultimate test of DT250-250 vs. HD800S. Long story short, I preferred the DT250 in the end. They resolved the same detail as 800S and treble response was flatter.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #907 of 1,049
I've gotten them again since last year. The only thing that bothers me, is the weight of the coiled cable drags down the left earcup when they're on my head, giving me a bad seal on the left cup..

So that's why I want to get a shorter, lighter straight cable with them, so they'll stay in place

Mar 5, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #908 of 1,049
I've gotten them again since last year. The only thing that bothers me, is the weight of the coiled cable drags down the left earcup when they're on my head, giving me a bad seal on the left cup..

So that's why I want to get a shorter, lighter straight cable with them, so they'll stay in place

The cable doesn't appear to be compatible, as the plug is 6 pin. You need 7 pin. For €43 you could do much better.
Get the original plug straight from distributor, it's around €10 + shipping then solder in 2m of Van Damme 1 Pair Flexible (€1.5/metre) and jack of your choice.

BoWhlw2.jpg

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #909 of 1,049
The cable doesn't appear to be compatible, as the plug is 6 pin. You need 7 pin. For €43 you could do much better.
Get the original plug straight from distributor, it's around €10 + shipping then solder in 2m of Van Damme 1 Pair Flexible (€1.5/metre) and jack of your choice.

BoWhlw2.jpg
I don't know how to solder.. Is there a short straight cable, that doesn't require modding, avaible for the DT 250?

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #910 of 1,049
I don't know how to solder.. Is there a short straight cable, that doesn't require modding, avaible for the DT 250?
Can't think of any unfortunately, but if I'm correct Beyer listed straight cable as optional accessory for DT250. Expensive stuff though, something like 72€.
Other than that I can make you one. :wink:

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #911 of 1,049
Can't think of any unfortunately, but if I'm correct Beyer listed straight cable as optional accessory for DT250. Expensive stuff though, something like 72€.
Other than that I can make you one. :wink:
Yeah, I also saw that one. However, that one is 3 meters long, and I haven't found a shorter version of it...

Oh, in that case, I'll send you a pm

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #914 of 1,049
Thank you Asymcom for your reply. However I decided to deliver beack the DT250 as the were not that comfortable on the ears. Am now looking for another pair of closed headphones that are comfortable and have a nice smooth detailed sound. Have had HD600 earlier, but for the sake of keeping peace in the house I sold them. But am looking for something over ear that are comfortable, quite neutral and smooth. Something in that area. Have no preferences as to brand.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #915 of 1,049
Does anyone know if I can fit any open ear earpads onto the headphones? Or can I only replace with closed ear?
Also I hear of a mic I can fit on but haven't found any info about this. Where and how can I do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back