The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Feb 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #751 of 1,354

Which just begs the question. Uh, why? Get headphones or get speakers. It's like putting a piece of cake on a pizza. You didn't enhance the experience and in fact just ruined the two halves of the equation. If you want speakers, get some nice big speakers so you can sink into room-filling sound. If you want headphones, get some headphones that actually funnel the sound directly into your ears. I just don't get it. 

When I see the K1000's, I imagine that's the kind of person who'd also buy this:

1. Space may be an issue for some people. 
2. Even though they're still open, they're still a hell of a lot easier to handle than speakers
3. As said earlier, speakers will most likely disturb neighbors late at night
4. A K1000 and a Firstwatt clone will probably sound better than an equivalently priced nearfield speaker setup (though I haven't tried the K1000, so that's not speaking from experience)
5. Because AKG used to be cool and they did it for the sake of saying they could do it, like when they combined an electret driver with a dynamic driver, or tried using passive radiators to create more bass.

I have a pair of speakers in my dorm and I've used them literally 5 times ever because they're just a little more finicky than headphones. With speakers, I have to be sitting in the exact sweet spot for the soundstage to not be wonky, I'm usually not in my room until it's too late to use them without disturbing my neighbors since they apparently can hear the music through the wall even at low volumes, and they take up way too much space on my desk, which I'm regretting. Headphones, even open ones, are just more convenient because they don't require as much fiddling. I'd love a K1000 to mess around with for when I want some soundstage.

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #752 of 1,354
Beats Pro. I'm sure you're very familiar with them. They are notoriously terrible sounding headphones for the money your spending, but lets be honest, they look cool. Any pair of headphones that most people use on this si
11564863-beats-by-drdre-detox.jpg
te, are high-fidelity audiophile headphones that are PURELY for top-notch sound. Beats headphones are PURELY for looks.

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #755 of 1,354
  Beats Pro. I'm sure you're very familiar with them. They are notoriously terrible sounding headphones for the money your spending, but lets be honest, they look cool. Any pair of headphones that most people use on this si
11564863-beats-by-drdre-detox.jpg

The detox looks okay, if I got one for cheap I'd use it. However, the build quality is ass, so that's a deal breaker. I'm not sure how but somehow Monster managed to make a headphone entirely out of aluminum, and it STILL feels like a plastic-tastic piece of garbage. It makes no sense.

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #759 of 1,354

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #763 of 1,354

Users who are viewing this thread

Back