The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jul 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #646 of 1,354
Im woody-ing my SR80i's tomorrow... Pics up soon for the new best-looking headphone
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #647 of 1,354
Hello everybody.
Here's a pair of vintage open-back headphones from REDSON, reference CS-31 (Made in Japan).
The earcups are entirely made out of metal.
They look so great to my eyes,.. Sound warm and feel comfy over the ears.
Looks like a mixing of SONY's MDR-V6 similar-in-shape earcups
and Sennheiser's HD25 split-in-two-moving-arches opening headband.

Please enjoy the forthcoming pictures of this formidable piece of art...

(image missing)

(image missing)

(image missing)

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #648 of 1,354
Hello everybody.
Here's a pair of vintage open-back headphones from REDSON, reference CS-31 (Made in Japan).
The earcups are entirely made out of metal.
They look so great to my eyes,.. Sound warm and detailed and they feel comfy over the ears.
Looks like a mixing of SONY's MDR-V6 similar-in-shape earcups
and Sennheiser's HD25 split-in-two-moving-arches opening headband.

Please enjoy the forthcoming pictures of this formidable piece of art...

(image missing)

(image missing)

(image missing)

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #649 of 1,354

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #650 of 1,354
For me right now it's the TH600, in love with it's look at the moment.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #659 of 1,354
Never been a fan of the look of wood in general. Nor of intricate design, I thing the HD-800 looks awful, same with the Q010-MDR1.

I would say that the overall best looking headphone also happens to be what many consider the best sounding.

http://i.imgur.com/JgzRZWe.jpg (I think I'm too new to use the image function proper)

Here's why-

1. Those milled cups
  2. Adjusters don't stick out like on HiFiMan or Audeze
  3. That driver piece or driver shield or whatever looks amazing
  4. Beautiful black leather band and pads
  5. All the connections between parts are well executed

I like simple, but not over-smoothed. For example, beats look overly minimalized. There's needless plastic threw over things to make it look more minimal. The headphone isn't simple and minimal, just masquerading as it. There's plenty you could take off and keep all function. On the 009, there's nothing unnecessary to cover things up. Every part I can see serves an imminently obvious purpose. You couldn't take away much material at all without losing some functionality. The 009 looks simple and, though I've never even seen one in person, I can just feel the quality.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #660 of 1,354
Never been a fan of the look of wood in general. Nor of intricate design, I thing the HD-800 looks awful, same with the Q010-MDR1.

I would say that the overall best looking headphone also happens to be what many consider the best sounding.

http://i.imgur.com/JgzRZWe.jpg (I think I'm too new to use the image function proper)

Here's why-

• Those milled cups
  • Adjusters don't stick out like on HiFiMan or Audeze
  • That driver piece or driver shield or whatever looks amazing
  • Beautiful black leather band and pads
  • All the connections between parts are well executed

I like simple, but not over-smoothed. For example, beats look overly minimalized. There's needless plastic threw over things to make it look more minimal. The headphone isn't simple and minimal, just masquerading as it. There's plenty you could take off and keep all function. On the 009, there's nothing unnecessary to cover things up. Every part I can see serves an imminently obvious purpose. You couldn't take away much material at all without losing some functionality. The 009 looks simple and, though I've never even seen one in person, I can just feel the quality.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about the wallet!
As far as seeing the 009 in person, I will admit, it is one gorgeous piece of machinery. For quality, everything on it feels top notch, except the headband, which feels a little cheap to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back