The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #617 of 1,354
Quote:
Uh, which Denons, by the way?

The new line looks cool from one angle, but only that. In person it looks oversized and a bit weird.
If you're talking about the D7000s and the D5000s, now you're talking.

Yup - wear them outdoors and you'll sub-consciously start talking to people sideways. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #618 of 1,354
Quote:
Yup - wear them outdoors and you'll sub-consciously start talking to people sideways. 

Sideways? Whatever do you mean? Is it because of the size? Either way, I'm already ROFLing.
deadhorse.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #619 of 1,354
Quote:
Uh, which Denons, by the way?

The new line looks cool from one angle, but only that. In person it looks oversized and a bit weird.
If you're talking about the D7000s and the D5000s, now you're talking.

I was talking about the newer lines(forgot model #) with the hexagon earpads. They actually look pretty cool, but definitely big.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #622 of 1,354
Quote:
No no. Not those. Something like D600.

Wait...doesn't the D600 look similar?

Okay, now that you think about it, the D600 does have a more professional, baby-flagship look going on (its shape is similar to the D7100).
The Urban Raver line looks downright crazy; plus, they're marketed as a "street and club-goer" series. Who in the hell would want to wear those at a club?
DEM BULGES...

Still, I don't like the headband shape of all of the new over-ear models; that is, only when viewed from an angle as shown in the D600 picture (left).
And...they're massive. I saw them on the head of a seller online, and boy, it was big. Compared to my Beats, these are actually larger, though probably lighter.
Oh yeah, and kimvictor, it's pentagonal, not hexagonal. Denon's website said so.

EDIT: After taking a look at the Denon website, the bulges of the D400 actually house controls, with teh left used to light up a few LEDs and the right one controlling your music (pause/play, next/previous track) and even answer calls with a microphone.
Also, I found this from the D400 page:

From the integrated LED to the patent-pending Denon control wheel, your friends will be sure to ask you in surprise “WHAT ARE THOSE?”

If you bring them about, they'll ask you that question, with much surprise, just as Denon said. Maybe it's because it looks crazy. Well, at least Denon acknowledges its outrageous design of the D400. Everything else in their new line seems okay, though.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #624 of 1,354
Quote:
Wait...doesn't the D600 look similar?

Okay, now that you think about it, the D600 does have a more professional, baby-flagship look going on (its shape is similar to the D7100).
The Urban Raver line looks downright crazy; plus, they're marketed as a "street and club-goer" series. Who in the hell would want to wear those at a club?
DEM BULGES...

Still, I don't like the headband shape of all of the new over-ear models; that is, only when viewed from an angle as shown in the D600 picture (left).
And...they're massive. I saw them on the head of a seller online, and boy, it was big. Compared to my Beats, these are actually larger, though probably lighter.
Oh yeah, and kimvictor, it's pentagonal, not hexagonal. Denon's website said so.

EDIT: After taking a look at the Denon website, the bulges of the D400 actually house controls, with teh left used to light up a few LEDs and the right one controlling your music (pause/play, next/previous track) and even answer calls with a microphone.
Also, I found this from the D400 page:

If you bring them about, they'll ask you that question, with much surprise, just as Denon said. Maybe it's because it looks crazy. Well, at least Denon acknowledges its outrageous design of the D400. Everything else in their new line seems okay, though.

Lol. LED lights shining! But they are indeed really big, but hence comfy.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #625 of 1,354
Senn Momentum black.
My wife has been telling me to put the headphone for sale after I bought the TG!334, but I kept telling her that it still looks nice

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #626 of 1,354
Quote:
Lol. LED lights shining! But they are indeed really big, but hence comfy.

I agree with you fully. It ain't made of pleather, so I'm betting my ears won't go sweaty in this summer heat. My ears get sweaty after only one song on the Pros, so I had to cover it with some dried-out antiseptic wipes. 
beyersmile.png

Senn Momentum black.

Damn, these look good. Black looks more aimed at the hipsters, with its red accents (the cable reminds me of Beats' CT).
The brown one looks more understated and refined, and is probably aimed at the exec department (competing with the B&W P5). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back