The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Oct 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #37 of 70

Quote:
I recieved my GR07 today and i decided to return them, not enough impact; highs and soundstage. I prefer my 3rd gen ipod earbuds because they have more impact and soundstage. What is the sound signature of the apple earbuds, i like the balance between mids; highs and lows they have and it would be good if you could recommend iems similar in signature to them. Anyone?
ph34r.gif

I know exactly what you mean, especially since I went from the Shure SE215 to the GR07. Give the earphones, and your brain, time to adjust. Listen to it for at least one hour everyday for the next week and if you don't like it by then, well it's not meant to be.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #40 of 70
MD Tributes? I liked them for pretty much everything except for Parkway drive, IKTPQ and other bands that required great separation and speed. and you should give the TF10 a try I don't find the mids that recessed..

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #41 of 70
Vsonic GR07 all the way.

Only had them a short space of time, but all the reviews and impressions were spot on. Easily the best money I have spent on audio gear since I joined headfi. I was using UE triplefi 10's for the last year and thought I would give the GR07's a go. I was a bit shocked at how small they are (compared to the TF10...) but the sound quaility is excellent!

I went back to the TF10 after a week of listening to the Vsonics, and the TF's now sound sort of muddy and undetailed to me...

The cable is a little stiff, but its not too much of an issue. Really great IEM's.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #43 of 70

Quote:
Vsonic GR07 all the way.

Only had them a short space of time, but all the reviews and impressions were spot on. Easily the best money I have spent on audio gear since I joined headfi. I was using UE triplefi 10's for the last year and thought I would give the GR07's a go. I was a bit shocked at how small they are (compared to the TF10...) but the sound quaility is excellent!

I went back to the TF10 after a week of listening to the Vsonics, and the TF's now sound sort of muddy and undetailed to me...

The cable is a little stiff, but its not too much of an issue. Really great IEM's.

I don't think the TF10's are ever muddy and undetailed sounding. Ever...  They've got crazy smacking transparent highs which extend till forever and their BA based bass are always quick. Thick? slightly..  muddy? never!!

I'll get the GR07 by this week hopefully

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #45 of 70

Quote:

I don't think the TF10's are ever muddy and undetailed sounding. Ever...  They've got crazy smacking transparent highs which extend till forever and their BA based bass are always quick. Thick? slightly..  muddy? never!!

I'll get the GR07 by this week hopefully

Yes. Upon reflection and some proper listening in a quiet enviroment, I think that thick is probably a much more acurate desciption.

The GR07 are great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back