The Audio Lounge
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #9,631 of 36,036
If Amp3 knows about the Trinity crap show and are still trying to get an exorbitant amount for them, that makes them look a bit shady imo.
You gotta wonder just how much stock did they purchase from Trinity and then how much of that stock goes in the bin. Whatever is left, you'd have to sell for as much as possible to try and cut your losses.
It makes my £130.00 loss look minimal in comparison. What I can say is, Amp3 have taken a fair sized hit from Trinity. I doubt very much anyone from Trinity will be crossing the border into Scotland anytime soon lol. The UK is a dangerously small place to go ripping that many people off !!!

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #9,632 of 36,036
Humter already are , they were rare after the first or should i say only 5 pairs were shipped.

I feel like a rainbow unicorn. I received a pair of heat treated Hunters, AND I received the upgraded silver cable and upgraded balanced Kobicon connector cable(my choice for balanced).

And I don't use them. I like the KZ ZS5 iem. I wish everyone would have been as lucky as I was. I feel bad for what happened.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #9,633 of 36,036
I feel like a rainbow unicorn. I received a pair of heat treated Hunters, AND I received the upgraded silver cable and upgraded balanced Kobicon connector cable(my choice for balanced).

And I don't use them. I like the KZ ZS5 iem. I wish everyone would have been as lucky as I was. I feel bad for what happened.

You were indeed one of the lucky ones , but hey at least someone got something and the complete hunter package ..... I think I was lucky too as I got out before my PayPal cover expired and I very nearly didn't I nearly held on.

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #9,634 of 36,036
I have never told anyone this but I had an email conversation with bob a day or two after receiving my master, I was one of the supporters of trinity at that stage (think this was march April time) as I felt that people were too quick to judge the delays. I told him not to worry and that when people get their gear they would calm down he responded by saying something like "we shall see" or similar as I can't remember the exact dialogue, I have been trying to find the email as it was more precise or interpretable and remember thinking at the time does he know something??????..,anyway it's often played on my mind just wish I could find the email.

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #9,635 of 36,036
WOD (Word Of the Day): Food

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #9,637 of 36,036
And just because I love The Ramones

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #9,641 of 36,036
A05C9990-5127-4934-B493-C5BEF009E53C.jpeg

Took a while to get here, no thanks to HM Customs trying to keep them for their own personal use?!?!
They look stunning!
Thanks to Ryo (Uairekko)

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #9,642 of 36,036
IMG_20180801_144023.jpg
A better shot of them :wink:

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #9,643 of 36,036
So I'm thinking of possibly having a go at making a balanced cable for my etys , I have the skill set it's my job but I dont have the know how to wire/termination for balanced but there are plenty of guides on you tube ..my main concern is the mmcx connectors which are not standard , there angled with a notch on the connector housing and don't have a clue where to acquire but a guy on the ety thread is making them...might have to ask his advice.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #9,644 of 36,036
So I'm thinking of possibly having a go at making a balanced cable for my etys , I have the skill set it's my job but I dont have the know how to wire/termination for balanced but there are plenty of guides on you tube ..my main concern is the mmcx connectors which are not standard , there angled with a notch on the connector housing and don't have a clue where to acquire but a guy on the ety thread is making them...might have to ask his advice.
If you’re planning on using a 2.5 trrs plug they’re a pain to solder because of how small they are. As for mmcx connectors, I’d think that it’d be fiddly to say the least! Still, good luck with your plan. I’d like to hear how you got on though :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back