The Audio Lounge
Aug 1, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #9,661 of 36,186
@majo123
I, for one, would love to see what you see what you could put together, given your background.
I'd pay money if it was a good design...and pretty. I'm a sucker for a well-made, pretty cable.

@majo123, I agree with everything @Richsvt just said. I'm truly a sucker for a pretty cable. That's why my M1060 cable is an epic orange color.

Well your helping my decision and I am going to give it a go but it will be a few months away as my finances absolutely suck at the moment.
I have total confidence in my ability to build but it's some of the parts and also type of cable and where to get these parts that is the first hurdle for me. I have already had a little look into this and there is a company called toxic cables that supply most of what I need but it's more high end and my initial trials I would like to be cheapish components as want to perfect and get right, the three main things I can't seem to find are Y split, Sinch, and the right type of cable cheap Oxy copper for first go.
Once I have got one made I Will gladly send around sort of like a tour and send to the next, then you can all give me honest feedback. if anyone has ideas of where to get the components I mentioned it would greatly help.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #9,662 of 36,186
What are you waiting for dude, I'll make a couple of orders right now if ya like. Cables are audiophile bling lol
What got me started was looking at toxic cables prices of made high end cables and the cost they sell components for, the mark up is great all though there components are top quality and I honestly know that i can do it.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #9,663 of 36,186
Well your helping my decision and I am going to give it a go but it will be a few months away as my finances absolutely suck at the moment.
I have total confidence in my ability to build but it's some of the parts and also type of cable and where to get these parts that is the first hurdle for me. I have already had a little look into this and there is a company called toxic cables that supply most of what I need but it's more high end and my initial trials I would like to be cheapish components as want to perfect and get right, the three main things I can't seem to find are Y split, Sinch, and the right type of cable cheap Oxy copper for first go.
Once I have got one made I Will gladly send around sort of like a tour and send to the next, then you can all give me honest feedback. if anyone has ideas of where to get the components I mentioned it would greatly help.

You can get a good bit of those things on Amazon or Aliexpress.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #9,667 of 36,186
honestly I forgot my age and was 45 for 2 years running lol (this is true)

I know what you mean. I have forgotten how long I have been 35.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #9,670 of 36,186
I have already had a little look into this and there is a company called toxic cables that supply most of what I need but it's more high end

I thought I remembered reading something in earbuds anonymous about toxic cables... just double checked by going to the toxic cable site... there is sad news

copied from the Toxic Cables facebook pagewritten on July 18th

This is Max

Unfortunately I have some bad news as you knows Franks dad was unwell and passed away recently and on receiving the news Frank had a stroke which he did not survive.

We will all miss him greatly

Unfortunately there are a lot of pending orders which cannot be completed at this time as I will be away now till early next year when Toxic Cables will continue business as I did make most of the cables myself so you can expect the same quality.

In the meantime as we are unable to access paypal to refund everyone can you please open as case to get your money back if you have not received your order and paypal will refund you as orders not shipped did not have tracking added to paypal.

Everyone's funds will be still in the account as I know Frank only removed funds for cables that were completed.

If you have any questions please message here and I will reply at earliest convenience.

I don't have password to email currently so don't email.

Thank you

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #9,671 of 36,186
I thought I remembered reading something in earbuds anonymous about toxic cables... just double checked by going to the toxic cable site... there is sad news

copied from the Toxic Cables facebook pagewritten on July 18th

This is Max

Unfortunately I have some bad news as you knows Franks dad was unwell and passed away recently and on receiving the news Frank had a stroke which he did not survive.

We will all miss him greatly

Unfortunately there are a lot of pending orders which cannot be completed at this time as I will be away now till early next year when Toxic Cables will continue business as I did make most of the cables myself so you can expect the same quality.

In the meantime as we are unable to access paypal to refund everyone can you please open as case to get your money back if you have not received your order and paypal will refund you as orders not shipped did not have tracking added to paypal.

Everyone's funds will be still in the account as I know Frank only removed funds for cables that were completed.

If you have any questions please message here and I will reply at earliest convenience.

I don't have password to email currently so don't email.

Thank you

Wow ....they made some quality cables.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #9,672 of 36,186
I can't even find cable to start apart from toxic cables.

EDIT. ... gonna be hard sourcing the parts think I will check at the weekend when I got feesh eyes but I do remember I struggled last time I looked.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #9,673 of 36,186
They look awesome, where did ya get em eh and how does Dark Side sound on em :smile_phones:
Ryo Chandra Lesmana on Facebook sells them as Uairekko custom earbuds. You can find him in the Earbuds Anonymous forum or search up Uairekko on instagram for his other designs. They are about 3hrs in on burn in at the moment but sounding like they’re gonna be good when they are burnt in properly. Fairly well rendered bass, vocals and mids are snappy, present and centred. Treble is focused and detailed without ever being harsh or sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back