The Audio Lounge
Aug 1, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #9,647 of 36,186
If you’re planning on using a 2.5 trrs plug they’re a pain to solder because of how small they are. As for mmcx connectors, I’d think that it’d be fiddly to say the least! Still, good luck with your plan. I’d like to hear how you got on though :wink:.

I have been electronic wiring by trade and upto MOD standards for 30 years from fighter pilot helmets to ships lighting from through hole soldering with a scope to heavy duty although I don't do this much anymore as my job has evolved, I now run and maintain machines that do it.
The work doesnt daunt me in anyway but it's if it's economical (luna shops make) and how hard to get the mmcx connectors for etys.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #9,650 of 36,186
Further to my recent posts about making cables I have often wondered if there is s small business in this??? I think I could make a cable in an hour/ hour and a half tops maybe less once I know the wiring scheme of different connections , I often wanted to give it a go as I have made and terminated by far more technical stuff everyday for years...... think I will do some research and buy some cheap components and give it a go once my finances are back to normal.
watch this space :blush: but remind me guys if I have forgotten in a few month's time as I have a memory like a sive.
and maybe if I go ahead some of you could try them for me.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #9,651 of 36,186
@majo123
I, for one, would love to see what you could put together, given your background.
I'd pay money if it was a good design...and pretty. I'm a sucker for a well-made, pretty cable.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #9,652 of 36,186
@majo123
I, for one, would love to see what you see what you could put together, given your background.
I'd pay money if it was a good design...and pretty. I'm a sucker for a well-made, pretty cable.

@majo123, I agree with everything @Richsvt just said. I'm truly a sucker for a pretty cable. That's why my M1060 cable is an epic orange color.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #9,653 of 36,186
Guys/gals, my Aeon Flow Open came in today and I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas, lol. I opened them and they are beautiful, and OMG are they light. Super comfortable. I will have some sound comparisons at a later time after a bit of head time and some A/B'ing.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #9,655 of 36,186
Further to my recent posts about making cables I have often wondered if there is s small business in this??? I think I could make a cable in an hour/ hour and a half tops maybe less once I know the wiring scheme of different connections , I often wanted to give it a go as I have made and terminated by far more technical stuff everyday for years...... think I will do some research and buy some cheap components and give it a go once my finances are back to normal.
watch this space :blush: but remind me guys if I have forgotten in a few month's time as I have a memory like a sive.
and maybe if I go ahead some of you could try them for me.
What are you waiting for dude, I'll make a couple of orders right now if ya like. Cables are audiophile bling lol

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #9,660 of 36,186
I have only ever changed a cable if I wanted to go balanced

There are some good looking cables out there, but I can understand with as many headphones/earphones/IEMs as you two have, replacing even a small number of cables just for the looks would be daunting. And expensive, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back