The Audio Lounge
Feb 21, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #5,536 of 36,138
@OldDude04 , you're going to like these closed cans.

One word.......BASS.

I can listen to them without EQ and it's plenty of bass for me. With EQ...ERMAHGERD.

However, unlike the m1060 opens, there's a point where you can bump the bass up too far and it starts getting flabby and muddy. So there's a drawback I guess.

Despite the change in impedance they are almost exactly the same to the opens in "ease of drive".

Noooooo... Why must you do this to me.....

Feb 21, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #5,537 of 36,138
So the 64s won by a nose then! And wow the pm6 are that bad! Do you think they scrimped on drivers/ parts in the end due to finances?
The other ceramic iem that comes to mind are the ones by RHA the cl1 I read you have to eq the treble a bit on those I bid on a pair of those.
Well I'm glad the imr are working for you, all though from reading your observations probably not your endgame in this hobby.
Oh and congrats on the comparison review , much better than I could do I'm rubbish at describing what I hear .

To be quite fair, the PM6 are not THAT bad... They just aren't great when compared with 600+ dollar IEM's. Their sound is far from my expectations based on all the initial comments from Bob and Trinity. Their sound is closer to what I was expecting from the Icarus IV. warm'ish V shaped which could gain from more power. I haven't run them through an amp, so hard to say if they open up with say a Fiio A5.

I am also SLIGHTLY biased on final score, having waited for so long for these and having been corrupted by the U8's for months. As you hear higher performing gear, it becomes easier to find flaws in cheaper IEM's I guess. There is a strong possibility that they skimped on drivers and shell material change might muddy up the sound... So let's just say with everything that happened, Trinity does not get my benefit of the doubt. I'd rather just sell them and let someone else enjoy them.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #5,538 of 36,138
Indeed some nice buys....i bet your loving the isine 10 ...anybody that read my posts know i love my planars, t50rp, 400i and a couple of pairs of vintage, so I'm a bit jealous dude would love to give Em try .
If only you lived near me :p. I'd join ya for a listening session haha. Yeah, these sound great. I had to find the EQ for it first because I'm using the standard 3.5mm cable because it's more versatile for use than the Cipher cable. It still sounded decent without the EQ, but once I found the equivalent EQ to make the 3.5mm cable sound like the Cipher's DSP/EQ, they sound better. It's such a weird feeling still, even after a couple weeks; really odd that I've got silicone tips sealing my ears, but an open feel and sound.

I haved failed having gotten Yersen Fen-2000, HiFiMan HE560 and HiFiMan Edition S after getting IMR R1 and a few other iems and earbuds but wow,what a ride
Yeah, we failed kinda hard didn't we? And yet why do I feel so happy? :D

Yes, that's the "VRacer" grill. It's a 3d printed design from VRacer-111 here on Head-fi. I sent the files he provided to an online 3d print company and $9 later I had new grills. It was supposed to be transparent plastic, but turned out more cloudy than I hoped for.
Cloudy? Bro, that's pretty much white haha. Would've had to be much lower opacity for my to call it cloudy! Still, I like the look.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #5,539 of 36,138
@OldDude04 , you're going to like these closed cans.

One word.......BASS.

I can listen to them without EQ and it's plenty of bass for me. With EQ...ERMAHGERD.

However, unlike the m1060 opens, there's a point where you can bump the bass up too far and it starts getting flabby and muddy. So there's a drawback I guess.

Despite the change in impedance they are almost exactly the same to the opens in "ease of drive".

YES! But that is going to make the weekend so much longer for me, lol.

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #5,540 of 36,138
Well guys not been on for quite some time, been sitting back and enjoying what I got and the music for a while but thought I'd say hi to all who know me on here , still see the trinity phantoms are still a phantom lol..nothing changes there.

Welcome back mate! Did you end up getting the Jotunheim?

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #5,541 of 36,138
Welcome back mate! Did you end up getting the Jotunheim?

Hey dude how are you! Still enjoying the valhalla2 I take it, i didn't buy any in the end just been using the mojo for 400i and t50rpmk3 ...i am gonna buy a magni 3 and modi multibit at some point but I'm in no rush love the mojo and I have a few hobby that cost me , saving for another kayak at the moment so possibly after that.
Loving the combos I have at the moment...flarepro/oppy1 ...mojo/400i

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #5,543 of 36,138
@majo123 what kayak are you looking at?
Well I own 3 kayaks, I have a pyrahna play kayak , a sit on top islanders kayak and a gumotex swing inflatable kayak, I want another gumotex swing 1 inflatable kayak there truly amazing , Google if you have not heard or seen them, they have just bought out a 2018 bit tougher version not that the previous wasn't good! ....i can't drive anymore due to an accident I have to I rely on my partner to transport my hardshell and not always available so inflatable is great to backpack...honestly the gumotex boats are amazing, Canadian coast guard used to use them.
Good to hear from you dude.

All my kayaks are for play not realy in to the long type of kayak or big open Canadian style...also gumotex are innova in the u.s.a

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #5,544 of 36,138
If only you lived near me :p. I'd join ya for a listening session haha. Yeah, these sound great. I had to find the EQ for it first because I'm using the standard 3.5mm cable because it's more versatile for use than the Cipher cable. It still sounded decent without the EQ, but once I found the equivalent EQ to make the 3.5mm cable sound like the Cipher's DSP/EQ, they sound better. It's such a weird feeling still, even after a couple weeks; really odd that I've got silicone tips sealing my ears, but an open feel and sound.

Would of been good to try them out realy intrigued by them and the fit, they look cumbersome how is the fit in general?

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #5,545 of 36,138
Yeah both look good ...i have opus1 and it has been my favourite player so far...its light ,hardly know it's in my pocket! UI is awesome, resolve on this player is amazing and sounds so natural, my only nitpick would be my x7 has a bit more body to the sound, but I still preferred the opus1 to the x7....and now the opus1s seems to have nailed it from what I read and the cayin supposed to be very similar...both are getting high praise , if you want a player that just plays fantastic with no bells and whistles opus1 all day long....if you require Wi-Fi bluetooth streaming etc then cayin n5ii .

Hey man, good to see you back!
Regarding your consideration of a DAP, might I throw a couple more into the mix?
I own and love the iBasso DX200 ($999).
However, I've just heard that they're bringing out a somewhat smaller and lighter version called the DX150, which is going to be priced at $499
Some posts to give you an idea about it.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...amp5-fw-2-8-198.791531/page-761#post-14056746
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...amp5-fw-2-8-198.791531/page-761#post-14056871
I'd get that. And I'd get a set of their IT01 IEM's to go with it too :wink:
Not that I would ever encourage reckless spending :p

Having said all that, it of course depends what you're looking for in terms of sound signature and functionality? Let us know and I'm sure we can 'help you out' :D

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #5,547 of 36,138
Hey man, good to see you back!
Regarding your consideration of a DAP, might I throw a couple more into the mix?
I own and love the iBasso DX200 ($999).
However, I've just heard that they're bringing out a somewhat smaller and lighter version called the DX150, which is going to be priced at $499
Some posts to give you an idea about it.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...amp5-fw-2-8-198.791531/page-761#post-14056746
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...amp5-fw-2-8-198.791531/page-761#post-14056871
I'd get that. And I'd get a set of their IT01 IEM's to go with it too :wink:
Not that I would ever encourage reckless spending :p

Having said all that, it of course depends what you're looking for in terms of sound signature and functionality? Let us know and I'm sure we can 'help you out' :D

Hey how's it going, if I had the money at the moment it would definitely be dx200 but I have a few spends at the mo including kayak, could possibly wait a few more months and get dx200 but the cayin is calling at the mo and for the price it seems to be getting good praise .

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #5,548 of 36,138
Hey how's it going, if I had the money at the moment it would definitely be dx200 but I have a few spends at the mo including kayak, could possibly wait a few more months and get dx200 but the cayin is calling at the mo and for the price it seems to be getting good praise .

Is Kayak a new audio gear brand?? What's their sound like??? You have a website?!?!? REVIEWS!!!???!?! :D

Have a good day, guys! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back