The Audio Lounge
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #5,522 of 36,138
Hey dude ....you got something! Lol hope all's well, and nope I'm only looking for another dap at the mo...and I think it maybe cayin n5 mk2 or poss opus1s but looking like cayin.

See, This is what I was alluding to. I have also been looking at the Cayin N5ii as well as the Opus 1s. This place is bad...
I have the Fiio X5iii and I think I am looking for a little different UI. I think the Opus is more purely a player. Since I have the X5, the Cayin might be sort of a dupe.
Must keep focus on the Andromeda...

Honestly, from what I have been reading, either one should be a good choice.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #5,523 of 36,138
See, This is what I was alluding to. I have also been looking at the Cayin N5ii as well as the Opus 1s. This place is bad...
I have the Fiio X5iii and I think I am looking for a little different UI. I think the Opus is more purely a player. Since I have the X5, the Cayin might be sort of a dupe.
Must keep focus on the Andromeda...

Honestly, from what I have been reading, either one should be a good choice.
Yeah both look good ...i have opus1 and it has been my favourite player so far...its light ,hardly know it's in my pocket! UI is awesome, resolve on this player is amazing and sounds so natural, my only nitpick would be my x7 has a bit more body to the sound, but I still preferred the opus1 to the x7....and now the opus1s seems to have nailed it from what I read and the cayin supposed to be very similar...both are getting high praise , if you want a player that just plays fantastic with no bells and whistles opus1 all day long....if you require Wi-Fi bluetooth streaming etc then cayin n5ii .

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #5,524 of 36,138
I got the Hidizs AP200, it was DOA, lol. I sent it back to them at the end of 2017, still waiting to receive a replacement unit. As for spending, like @Midgetguy said, we're not the greatest at impulse control, and this thread is no help whatsoever, lol. @JaeYoon hasn't been around much, so we don't know the extent of her flower pot's exhaustive schedule :wink:.

Also glad to see your thread still thriving dude, something good coming from trinity in the end.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #5,525 of 36,138
well the waiting came through I suppose, how are àre the imr r1?

They're actually pretty darned good! And I don't know if it's the fact it's a ceramic driver, but it doesn't trigger my Tinnitus AT ALL... So this has become my daily driver. Bob did start selling some as B-Stock and customer returns at super cheap price too... Going for £180 instead of the £500 price tag. Much more affordable... I'm thinking of getting rid of my second pair around that price point or keeping them as a backup...

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #5,526 of 36,138
They're actually pretty darned good! And I don't know if it's the fact it's a ceramic driver, but it doesn't trigger my Tinnitus AT ALL... So this has become my daily driver. Bob did start selling some as B-Stock and customer returns at super cheap price too... Going for £180 instead of the £500 price tag. Much more affordable... I'm thinking of getting rid of my second pair around that price point or keeping them as a backup...

Well I don't know much about ceramic drivers but from what little I have read they supposed to be pretty good, if your using them daily then they must be sounding pretty sweet and comfortable by all accounts.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #5,527 of 36,138
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #5,529 of 36,138
So the 64s won by a nose then! And wow the pm6 are that bad! Do you think they scrimped on drivers/ parts in the end due to finances?
The other ceramic iem that comes to mind are the ones by RHA the cl1 I read you have to eq the treble a bit on those I bid on a pair of those.
Well I'm glad the imr are working for you, all though from reading your observations probably not your endgame in this hobby.
Oh and congrats on the comparison review , much better than I could do I'm rubbish at describing what I hear .

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #5,530 of 36,138
Provided without comment...... Yet. 0221181449_HDR.jpg

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #5,533 of 36,138
I haved failed having gotten Yersen Fen-2000, HiFiMan HE560 and HiFiMan Edition S after getting IMR R1 and a few other iems and earbuds but wow,what a ride

Feb 21, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #5,534 of 36,138
Is that a plastic honeycomb style grille on your open ones instead of the original metal plate? I have zero knowledge of the M1060 mods :p

Yes, that's the "VRacer" grill. It's a 3d printed design from VRacer-111 here on Head-fi. I sent the files he provided to an online 3d print company and $9 later I had new grills. It was supposed to be transparent plastic, but turned out more cloudy than I hoped for.

Feb 21, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #5,535 of 36,138
@OldDude04 , you're going to like these closed cans.

One word.......BASS.

I can listen to them without EQ and it's plenty of bass for me. With EQ...ERMAHGERD.

However, unlike the m1060 opens, there's a point where you can bump the bass up too far and it starts getting flabby and muddy. So there's a drawback I guess.

Despite the change in impedance they are almost exactly the same to the opens in "ease of drive".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back