The Audio Lounge
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #5,026 of 36,142
Wow the IEM Lounge now does Couples Therapy !
Our lounge is multipurpose! :D

I finally got my hands on a pair of KZ ZS6 today. I had cancelled my order with Massdrop when they emailed me saying it would be over a month past the expected shipping date. A friend of mine didn't cancel his order and told me I'd "done messed up", lol. So I ordered a set from Gearbest. I have to say, for less than $30 shipped, I don't think they can be beaten. Crazy good for the money and better than some I have/had that cost much more. Are they perfect? Of course not, but price to performance is something other companies should pay attention to.
There's a point at which waiting for the Massdrop ship date isn't worth it, most notably with cheaper items. $25 and wait 3 months or $30 and wait 2 weeks? I'll pay the extra $$$ lol.

Speaking of Massdrop, a couple things.....
1. There's an "update" on the Massdrop Plus IEMs - they should be on track for the proposed shipping date of late February/early March.
2. I joined the HD58X Jubilee drop for $150. Holiday impulse buying? Almost certainly! :p I've already got HD600s, so one might ask "why are you joining the drop for something that has a good chance of sounding very similar?" And to that, my answer would be "I have no goddamn clue" :D

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #5,027 of 36,142
Our lounge is multipurpose! :D

There's a point at which waiting for the Massdrop ship date isn't worth it, most notably with cheaper items. $25 and wait 3 months or $30 and wait 2 weeks? I'll pay the extra $$$ lol.

Speaking of Massdrop, a couple things.....
1. There's an "update" on the Massdrop Plus IEMs - they should be on track for the proposed shipping date of late February/early March.
2. I joined the HD58X Jubilee drop for $150. Holiday impulse buying? Almost certainly! :p I've already got HD600s, so one might ask "why are you joining the drop for something that has a good chance of sounding very similar?" And to that, my answer would be "I have no goddamn clue" :D

Hahaha. The only thing holding me back from the HD58x is because I own a HD600.

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #5,028 of 36,142
No magic flowerpot at moment, but my magic doormat works too. :wink:

iSine10.jpg

From an online Advent calendar give-away. :)

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #5,035 of 36,142
Had a chance to listen to a Schiit Magni 3 with large floor wart. It was brand new and had no break in. Sounds really nice. Has an open sound with nice decay of notes. Audtioned many earphones including Sony XBA-H1 hybrids, Flare Audio R2Pro, Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD600, Mitchell & Johnson GL2, and M&J MJ2. On low gain the Magni 3 was quiet with all the IEMs. Higher gain was great on the Sennheisers. Amazing performance for $99. It definitely sounds more organic than the original Magni.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #5,037 of 36,142
Had a chance to listen to a Schiit Magni 3 with large floor wart. It was brand new and had no break in. Sounds really nice. Has an open sound with nice decay of notes. Audtioned many earphones including Sony XBA-H1 hybrids, Flare Audio R2Pro, Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD600, Mitchell & Johnson GL2, and M&J MJ2. On low gain the Magni 3 was quiet with all the IEMs. Higher gain was great on the Sennheisers. Amazing performance for $99. It definitely sounds more organic than the original Magni.

Great description. I was looking into the Magni 3 as a small amp to power off a turntable. I like what you said about more organic than the original. I had the v1 and thought it was a little more sterile than what I like. Still, great power. Thanks for the impression.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #5,038 of 36,142
*sigh* Xmas come and gone. I got a sweatshirt, a book, and some pictures.

Now I need to figure out where I can skim some money off our budget to by myself the xmas presents I didn't get. (m1060 and Magni 3 or iDSD Nano BL)

I also did not receive any audio gear. My family knows better than to gift me a pair of Sol Republic or beats. They let me chose. But this year, it was all about them. I gave some modest gifts with lots of personal thought considerations in mind.

I did get my hands on a pair of sweet NightOwls. Did a good trade with another member here. So it was not a total loss....

Cheers to all, for the holidays. I've been sort of sick and weathering the cold so been sort of absent here.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #5,039 of 36,142
I also did not receive any audio gear. My family knows better than to gift me a pair of Sol Republic or beats. They let me chose. But this year, it was all about them. I gave some modest gifts with lots of personal thought considerations in mind.

I did get my hands on a pair of sweet NightOwls. Did a good trade with another member here. So it was not a total loss....

Cheers to all, for the holidays. I've been sort of sick and weathering the cold so been sort of absent here.
Hope you are over the illness. NightOwls are nice. Enjoy the music.

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #5,040 of 36,142
Had some time today to listen to music with my new toy. ^^

Short impression of the Audeze iSine10 with M1: these "little" fellows rock the house.

Fast response, wide soundstage, instrument separation is first class, bass is tight, not a basshead thing imho, voices & instruments sound natural, no sibilance.

The included tips are true big bore - none of my other tips will fit the iSine10. Good thing, the original S tips fits well and I got a good seal.

Out of the box they really impressed me.

Funny thing, it looks like you have a TIE-Fighter on your ears. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back