The Audio Lounge
Dec 31, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #5,056 of 36,220
Hi I'm Tom and I have relasped

Hi Tom, you're safe and among friends. The path toward recovery from addiction is often not a straight line but curly like classic headphone cables. The first step is admitting you have a problem, the second is to stop buying more crap, lol.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #5,057 of 36,220
Happy New Year Folks! May you spend "less" this year compared to the last. :)

Jan 2, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #5,059 of 36,220
I think we may all need to take a break from Head Fi, we can't stop buying crap, lol. I recently bought Alpha pads and ZMF pads for my JVC and I have a set of Fostex T-X0 on the way next. I'm going to try and make that the last thing headphone related I buy for 6 months. I will need to hibernate for most of that time :sleeping:.
I'm on self imposed hiatus, work keeps laying people off and I do need to eat once in awhile.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #5,062 of 36,220
Know that feeling - just popped a box-fresh pair of Audeze iSine10 into my ears. So much for a quiet January...

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #5,063 of 36,220
Jan 3, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #5,064 of 36,220
Message from @JustBobski off Facebook for IMR R1:

Welcome to 2018.

Back end of 2017 has been a sickly one for me after having spent most of it dealing with pneumonia which has been no fun.

The worst is behind me and I look ahead to 2018!

Due to being so I'll I wasn't able to make any offers or gestures this christmas , so now it's time.

I know many of you had expressed interest in the R1 but finances made it a little out of reach, so I ask any of you that is in that position to get in touch and I will see what I can do for you.

This will be open to just 10 people so get in touch sooner rather than later to info@imracoustics.com

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #5,065 of 36,220
Message from @JustBobski off Facebook for IMR R1:

Welcome to 2018.

Back end of 2017 has been a sickly one for me after having spent most of it dealing with pneumonia which has been no fun.

The worst is behind me and I look ahead to 2018!

Due to being so I'll I wasn't able to make any offers or gestures this christmas , so now it's time.

I know many of you had expressed interest in the R1 but finances made it a little out of reach, so I ask any of you that is in that position to get in touch and I will see what I can do for you.

This will be open to just 10 people so get in touch sooner rather than later to info@imracoustics.com

If you can get a deal on these, then they are definitely worth thinking about if you are a fan of Bob's early work. Really enjoy mine (I ended up buying a pair from him after I had to send the review set back) and they habe a beautifully analogue style sound - not for people who are bass-shy though... :wink:

Jan 3, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #5,068 of 36,220
Also for those not trying to break the addiction. For funsies I decided to dig out my old pair of JVC HA-S500s. If you've never heard what JVC did with large form (non-IEM) Carbon Nanotube drivers, it's totally worth the few scheckles they go for now. Back when I bought them I had to go through Tenso and get them reshipped from Japan. Now you can just get them from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-Head-band-Portable-Headphones-HA-S500-B/dp/B008FWB9TQ

Don't expect anything mindblowing. However, they still hold their own in the >$40 market and are one of the only superaural headphones I could wear for longer than 10 minutes. (I HATE on ears)

EDIT: I forgot to mention they also have replaceable pads that are a common size so you have tons of various sennheiser and other options.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #5,069 of 36,220
Also for those not trying to break the addiction. For funsies I decided to dig out my old pair of JVC HA-S500s. If y ou've never heard what JVC did with large form (non-IEM) Carbon Nanotube drivers, it's totally worth the few scheckles they go for now. Back when I bought them I had to go through Tenso and get them reshipped from Japan. Now you can just get them from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-Head-band-Portable-Headphones-HA-S500-B/dp/B008FWB9TQ

Don't expect anything mindblowing. However, they still hold their own in the >$40 market and are one of the only superaural headphones I could wear for longer than 10 minutes. (I HATE on ears)

EDIT: I forgot to mention they also have replaceable pads that are a common size so you have tons of various sennheiser and other options.

I agree, I love JVC's carbon nanotube drivers. I've got the JVC HA-SZ2000 with some MrSpeakers Alpha Pads. Phenomenal bass when some juice is pumped through them.

1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back