The Audio Lounge
Jan 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #5,086 of 36,357
My Magic Doormat gave unto me some Fostex T-X0 to play with today. I've got a couple hours on them and I think they are a pretty good deal at the $150 price tag Massdrop sold them for. I did find out that I'm not a fan at all of the fenestrated ear pads they shipped with, made the bass and lower mids weak. I had a pair of ZMF cowhide oval ear pads sitting around and they work much better for me on the T-X0. All in all, I'm happy with them. Now I just have to try and live up to my New Year's resolution of not buying anything headphone related for the first 6 months of 2018. We'll see how that goes....:thinking:

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #5,087 of 36,357
My Magic Doormat gave unto me some Fostex T-X0 to play with today. I've got a couple hours on them and I think they are a pretty good deal at the $150 price tag Massdrop sold them for. I did find out that I'm not a fan at all of the fenestrated ear pads they shipped with, made the bass and lower mids weak. I had a pair of ZMF cowhide oval ear pads sitting around and they work much better for me on the T-X0. All in all, I'm happy with them. Now I just have to try and live up to my New Year's resolution of not buying anything headphone related for the first 6 months of 2018. We'll see how that goes....:thinking:
Thanks for the mini review. Always thought all those little holes would kill bass response. So you are retiring the magic doormat for 6 months?⏳Are we taking office bets? I got 1 month!☺ Good luck.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #5,088 of 36,357
Thanks for the mini review. Always thought all those little holes would kill bass response. So you are retiring the magic doormat for 6 months?⏳Are we taking office bets? I got 1 month!☺ Good luck.

It was my 2nd time using a fenestrated pad, Brainwavez HM5 hybrids were my first, and in both cases the pads let too much bass and lower mids leak out.

As for retiring the Magic Doormat, my wife would not like having her direct line to Amazon Prime being cut off, lol. But yes, I'm going to try and enjoy my current setups and maybe sell off a few things over the next 6 months and then I'll really know if I want to make any changes. As for your 1 month bet, I hope you don't win, haha.

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #5,091 of 36,357
I pulled the trigger... I blame old dude. He kept saying over and over how amazing the bass was on the M1060... SO tomorrow with any luck my magic patio chair will have a gift for me.

Hopefully they will be driven ok with the sources I have on hand, I can't afford anymore right now.

Nice!! I'll take some blame no problem, lol. Just keep in mind I use EQ to get that bass goodness. I look forward to finding out if you love them as much as I do.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #5,096 of 36,357
Ladies and gentlemen, Monoprice is working hard to crush my dreams of making no headphone related purchases for 6 months..... Look HERE. It's like they are purposefully trying to thwart my plans, lol.

Damn you. Now I'll have to re-terminate my Yamaha HP-1's to a 3.5mm jack and sell them. :p

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #5,097 of 36,357
Jan 8, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #5,099 of 36,357
No new audio products on my doorstep. I shouldn't need to expect any until midway into the year. At which point I'll see an EOZ Air from KS, a graphene-based headphone from KS, Massdrop Plus, and Sennheiser HD58X, all theoretically within the span of 3 months or so :D

See @OldDude04, the key is to have done the spending in the previous year for future stuff, so I don't even have to spend in the first half to this year to get stuff! :p Bam, better chance at getting through the first half of the year.

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #5,100 of 36,357
Just bought a 2pin 2.5mm TRRS cable for my Hermes from Venture Electronics. My first time dealing with aftermarket cables.

Does anyone know the right way to insert them? I'm trying to figure out if the L/R are supposed to be facing inwards (towards my ear) or outwards (towards the sky). They fit in both ways, but is there a "right" way?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back