The Audio Lounge
Oct 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #4,276 of 36,169
That screen is pretty at least. :call_me: :call_me:

beautiful screen. never had a samsung after the s3 so have no comparisons, but you'll be hard press to say that its inferior to superAMOLED or whatever sammy calls it

DSC02714.JPG

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #4,277 of 36,169
beautiful screen. never had a samsung after the s3 so have no comparisons, but you'll be hard press to say that its inferior to superAMOLED or whatever sammy calls it

I mean, for the most part, whichever flagship phone you get, the screen will be good. Galaxy S8, iPhone whatever, LG V30, Google Pixel, they all have pretty screens. I choose my phone based on UI and storage since I don't use it for much other than calls, text, and the occasional internet search. It's the only reason I have very little issue with using a Windows Phone :p

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #4,279 of 36,169
I went from s3 to g3 to v10. all had ****ty screens.

windows phones..... my friend had one and we took it out to the shooting range when he got a android. he hated it that much :)
That's epic. :D

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #4,281 of 36,169
I went from s3 to g3 to v10. all had ****ty screens.

windows phones..... my friend had one and we took it out to the shooting range when he got a android. he hated it that much :)
To be fair, those were the flagship phones back then. I'm talking about the current flagship phones and they all have pretty good screens.

I'm running a Windows Phone still. Like I said, it does the minimal things that I want it to and I personally like the UI better than iOS and Android. Which is the only redeeming quality the Windows Phone platform has cuz every other part of it is next to useless. That's what I get for deciding to try the one platform I hadn't before. Had used iOS and Android and though, lemme try out Windows Phone. Like the UI, but boy could it use some devs....I'm always surprised whenever I see there's actual ongoing support for an app. For example, Slack does fairly regular updates for it, which is mind-blowing.

But will it blend? :D
Microsoft smoke....don't breathe this! :D

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #4,285 of 36,169
Does the new finish feel different from the old one?
As for the smell, it seems to come mostly from the leather.
If it's just the leather I'd try some Lexol wipes first, pretty much available everywhere and cheaper than dedicated boutique leather cleaners. That untreated leather will mottle though so be aware you may get differing finishes as a result. I don't think CA sells the cleaning tool as an accessory but Noble Audio does and they look pretty similar.

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #4,286 of 36,169
Hey all!
I made a very short review in this thread for Athena V-III. Kinda crappy compared to other ones.

Before you head in! Warning : this review is written by me, which is someone who made be under influence of intoxication of product, imagination, and other weird magical influences that is just...strange in general. And with that....here is this short disorganized impression written on my smartphone at work. Gonna be here late tonight.
My summary on Athena V-III. It's got a warm sound signature. But it's got all details that I coukd could ever want while on the go or at home at library or at work.
It comes with a 3.5mm 2 pin cable, useful dust bag for iems. An aegis case and another dust bag and comply and spinfit eartips. However I would not recommend to buy IEMs or any gear in general at this pricepoint until you are guaranteed you want this type of sound signature. I strongly recommend to listen to entry level iems and work your way up if you are still looking for what you like.

The soundstaging for me is still that amphitheater style where you can hear from the stage and up the rows. The crowd is just dead silent there is no hissing or audible noise for Opus #1. It is on low gain at volume 40 to 80 depending on how silent or loud the song is.

It's a very enjoyable and presentable earphone. I honestly never heard the Zeus but how jackpot tells me I'm not missing much except top end extension is most noticeable with slight details on top extension. But athena otherwise sounds extremely close to zeus in a more fun way.

But if someone has money and willpower to achieve that extra definitely they can go for it. I think Athena is where I would stop.

I found my favorite fun earphone past Campfire Lyra II now.

Athena has everything I like to hear in my music with a fun signature. It also copes well with Opus 1. It is not too warm to me.

I love Acrylic shell. Condensation issue is no more like with metal shells. I can listen to extremely long durations without having to use a dry caddy or air compressor to blow out water molecules.

Acrylic shell is very durable from EE. It uses same lacquer scratch resistant acrylic as custom EE variants.

Jackpot told me universal should also sound identical to custom as long as you get a perfect seal. I've had great luck with universals recently!! Athena fits perfectly. I can walk extremely fast and still no seal broken. I can eat drink, etc. Talk on phone.

My favorite things about Athena is the treble is still precise and incredibly well thought out. This is a warm earphone too by the way. Never heard stuff like this. Lyra II treble was smoothed.

But Athena's midsection is smoothed like a sculpted goddesses belly. The vocals male or female (omg need male vocals plz) sounds exactly how I would calculate it from the sound file. It just has a fun tilt to the instruments.

To cut it to a summary
Envision being at a outdoor greek amphitheatre and there is a hill where the stage is located. At the back is stage and props and acoustic vases used to spread vocals and sounds. Above you is the sky and nature around you. The crowds are extremely silent.

Athena can pick up even slightest ambient sound, every motion, every word, each laugh, and each kiss and each smile, each frown.

For cheering audience, for crying audience, for the stoic, for the brave, for the frightened, for the calm.

Athena sings to all. In ambient music. To classical. To post rock. To rap to electronic.

The amphitheatre on Athens dedicated to the goddess Athena. The stage is open to all, music lovers, singers, dancers, common people, to the upper class.
20171019_180524.jpg

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #4,287 of 36,169
Hey all!
I made a very short review in this thread for Athena V-III. Kinda crappy compared to other ones.

Before you head in! Warning : this review is written by me, which is someone who made be under influence of intoxication of product, imagination, and other weird magical influences that is just...strange in general. And with that....here is this short disorganized impression written on my smartphone at work. Gonna be here late tonight.
My summary on Athena V-III. It's got a warm sound signature. But it's got all details that I coukd could ever want while on the go or at home at library or at work.
It comes with a 3.5mm 2 pin cable, useful dust bag for iems. An aegis case and another dust bag and comply and spinfit eartips. However I would not recommend to buy IEMs or any gear in general at this pricepoint until you are guaranteed you want this type of sound signature. I strongly recommend to listen to entry level iems and work your way up if you are still looking for what you like.

The soundstaging for me is still that amphitheater style where you can hear from the stage and up the rows. The crowd is just dead silent there is no hissing or audible noise for Opus #1. It is on low gain at volume 40 to 80 depending on how silent or loud the song is.

It's a very enjoyable and presentable earphone. I honestly never heard the Zeus but how jackpot tells me I'm not missing much except top end extension is most noticeable with slight details on top extension. But athena otherwise sounds extremely close to zeus in a more fun way.

But if someone has money and willpower to achieve that extra definitely they can go for it. I think Athena is where I would stop.

I found my favorite fun earphone past Campfire Lyra II now.

Athena has everything I like to hear in my music with a fun signature. It also copes well with Opus 1. It is not too warm to me.

I love Acrylic shell. Condensation issue is no more like with metal shells. I can listen to extremely long durations without having to use a dry caddy or air compressor to blow out water molecules.

Acrylic shell is very durable from EE. It uses same lacquer scratch resistant acrylic as custom EE variants.

Jackpot told me universal should also sound identical to custom as long as you get a perfect seal. I've had great luck with universals recently!! Athena fits perfectly. I can walk extremely fast and still no seal broken. I can eat drink, etc. Talk on phone.

My favorite things about Athena is the treble is still precise and incredibly well thought out. This is a warm earphone too by the way. Never heard stuff like this. Lyra II treble was smoothed.

But Athena's midsection is smoothed like a sculpted goddesses belly. The vocals male or female (omg need male vocals plz) sounds exactly how I would calculate it from the sound file. It just has a fun tilt to the instruments.

To cut it to a summary
Envision being at a outdoor greek amphitheatre and there is a hill where the stage is located. At the back is stage and props and acoustic vases used to spread vocals and sounds. Above you is the sky and nature around you. The crowds are extremely silent.

Athena can pick up even slightest ambient sound, every motion, every word, each laugh, and each kiss and each smile, each frown.

For cheering audience, for crying audience, for the stoic, for the brave, for the frightened, for the calm.

Athena sings to all. In ambient music. To classical. To post rock. To rap to electronic.

The amphitheatre on Athens dedicated to the goddess Athena. The stage is open to all, music lovers, singers, dancers, common people, to the upper class.
Great review :call_me:

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #4,289 of 36,169
Hey thanks!! I'm also gonna look to collect an iem in much lower range too.
Gonna look at Rose and Shozy earphones and see what's up!
Thank you! We {the ones with tighter budgets} would really appreciate it!
:call_me: :call_me:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back