The Audio Lounge
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #4,293 of 36,169
Seems that you in love with your Athena @JaeYoon ^^

Have some problems with pressure equalization, so I can't use IEM at moment... -.-

Somebody an idea for an good (and cheap) on/over ear headphone?

As for good and cheap, I'd recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-WS770iS on sale at Amazon right now, down from $130 to $82.79. I've got a pair and I think they are great bang for buck over ears. Comfortable with great sound.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #4,298 of 36,169
Yeah you can get meze99 classics for 300.
Denon AH MM 400 is another good alternative.

Thx, but 300 bucks is far away from my budget. I'm a poor head-fier, you know. :wink:

Sigva SV007's that's all I'll say :)

That seems a good bang for the buck, 79€ @amazon.de

As for good and cheap, I'd recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-WS770iS on sale at Amazon right now, down from $130 to $82.79. I've got a pair and I think they are great bang for buck over ears. Comfortable with great sound.

Another good choice, but I'm not a basshead at all. The cavern in my cranial bone can cause headache when the bass is to heavy.

And the winner is: the Sigva
thx @HungryPanda

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #4,300 of 36,169
I just won $700 at a sales conference this past week and it looks like I'm going to be a new owner of some U8s from 64 Audio soon. Just got to decide if I buy B-stock or new...hmmmm...very nice surprise rounding out this week...

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #4,302 of 36,169
XD everywhere I go there's always something with something I look at. Whether it's rose earbuds. shozy, etc.

Thanks for video.

I want some iem in lower bracket is at least decent. Just to keep alongside my other ones. XD oh well every earphone probably has something wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #4,303 of 36,169
I just won $700 at a sales conference this past week and it looks like I'm going to be a new owner of some U8s from 64 Audio soon. Just got to decide if I buy B-stock or new...hmmmm...very nice surprise rounding out this week...

You can wait for a sale and get the new at the b-stock price like I did! Massdrop could pop up as well with m-15 apex mods for free

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #4,304 of 36,169
I want some iem in lower bracket is at least decent. Just to keep alongside my other ones.
I know what you mean.
For me, it comes down to tone. If the IEM is tonally correct I can put up with other deficiencies. In Crinacle's measurement thread, he described the Shozy as tonally off and that would kill it for me. I've had enough experience to know when something sounds "right" and as a bass player have a reasonable ear.
Despite having the Sony XBA N3, which is a superb IEM, I still use the little Trinity Hyperion every day! Because although it is not very extended in either end, and sounds a bit intimate, it's tonally pretty much spot on. Same with my vintage favourite, the Vsonic GR02BE which I've been using since 2009. It's far from perfect, but easy to enjoy at the same time, because...hmm, forget the audiophile speak :wink:, they just sound "right" whereas some others I've tried over the years, including the latest Trinity, don't have that tone that sounds good to me.
It's not always price, as most here know, but I won't gamble on reviews, I always try first. Learned the hard way.

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #4,305 of 36,169
Hey all!
I made a very short review in this thread for Athena V-III. Kinda crappy compared to other ones

Don't be so hard on yourself! That was a really enjoyable and enthusiastic review :)
Even if it was terrible, I would give it 5 stars for this line alone: "But Athena's midsection is smoothed like a sculpted goddesses belly". Genius :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back