The Audio Lounge
Oct 20, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #4,306 of 36,032
You can wait for a sale and get the new at the b-stock price like I did! Massdrop could pop up as well with m-15 apex mods for free

I check MD all the time and since they just did a 64 drop, may be a while before we see it again there. I know they are going to release some new stuff soon so may be some savings on 'older' stock...I just hate waiting and since this was found money, I don't feel like I am wasting it...still, extra cash would make room for other fun stuff...not a bad place to be at the moment. Thanks.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #4,307 of 36,032
I just won $700 at a sales conference this past week and it looks like I'm going to be a new owner of some U8s from 64 Audio soon. Just got to decide if I buy B-stock or new...hmmmm...very nice surprise rounding out this week...
I am so in 4 impressions. 64 audio is the only place I ever spent decent money.
:call_me:

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #4,308 of 36,032
Don't be so hard on yourself! That was a really enjoyable and enthusiastic review :)
Even if it was terrible, I would give it 5 stars for this line alone: "But Athena's midsection is smoothed like a sculpted goddesses belly". Genius :D
Thanks!!! :p

Alright guys. Even with bad reviews.
I decided to keep my order intact. I bought Shozy Hibiki.

I know those measurements are super wonky and reviews are really giving hibiki a hit. I decided its too troublesome to cancel my order. If I buy Rose BR mK II. Same thing the poor thing will be beat by other earphones too. I decided to eh who cares anyways.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #4,309 of 36,032

I know those measurements are super wonky and reviews are really giving hibiki a hit. I decided its too troublesome to cancel my order. If I buy Rose BR mK II. Same thing the poor thing will be beat by other earphones too. I decided to eh who cares anyways.
Yay! In 4 impressions.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #4,310 of 36,032
bought Shozy Hibiki.
LOL, OK, hope you like them!
I mean, they can't be unlistenable, I'm (almost) sure..:wink: Shozy make some decent stuff...
I'm just very wary, after one of my rare hype train moments when I saw the reviews for the Rock Zircon. 5 star reviews for $10, yeah the BS meter should have gone haywire.:ksc75smile: To this day I'm concerned that people who bought them have hearing difficulties..:wink: No offence to those who did but seriously they are tragically bad. Killed any desire to go by "reviews" for cheap stuff....for life!
I'll look forward to your experience with the Shozy, maybe they will work out, they certainly look the part, I was briefly tempted myself..:)

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #4,312 of 36,032

I'd be really interested to hear your review/thoughts on the Hibiki. Was curious to hear them myself, and imagining that they might have a particular synergy with the Alien+ :D

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #4,313 of 36,032
I'd be really interested to hear your review/thoughts on the Hibiki. Was curious to hear them myself, and imagining that they might have a particular synergy with the Alien+ :D
Layman1 unfortunately I might not be able to get Alien+
most of my library is in AAC VBR and some purchased off itunes. :c I may have to hold off. But hibiki is coming! hopefully next week

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #4,314 of 36,032
Here Is a video from @Hawaiibadboy comparing them to the FiiO F9.

@Hawaiibadboy is one of the few reviewers I trust. He doesn't pander to companies, and we've liked a lot of the same equipment for the same reasons. Now I'll have to take a good look at the Hibikis.

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #4,316 of 36,032
Just got my custom tips.
RE400 sounds more mid forward now, treble is also more pronounced.
The tips do fit well, the IEM protrude quite a bit though.

IMG_20171021_184404239_HDR.jpg

Oct 21, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #4,318 of 36,032
Color me interested. Where can you buy them? How much?
I got it from a local company (their name is on the card above).
Costs about $40 (for this type, they also have another type that covers the front of the IEM. It will protrude less, but only usable with that one set. Costs $50.)
Guy said they're developing a third type that envelopes the whole IEM, or at least the entire front.

Oct 21, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #4,320 of 36,032
Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here...

I have a seldom used IE800 I should probably let go. Still on the first ear pads, and they look *very* clean. What is a good asking price?

Selling in the forums is against the rules unless you go through the selling section and tag it in your sig... Asking what a good price would be is ok I guess, but I suggest you limit the selling talks. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back