The Audio Lounge
Apr 20, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #23,431 of 36,215
I don't own any full sized anymore or any source with enough power ..maybe il change that someday again
Glad to see your enjoying them and good to see some new gear as its been like a desert! Lol

Oh man, I couldn't do that, I love my planars too much to ever go without!

Thanks, I'm really enjoying them. I honestly don't know how I haven't owned a pair of these at some point, warm with detail is def my type of sound.

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #23,432 of 36,215
I probably should of said buds ...what did he name those?

The MH755's are not buds:confused: Not sure what Tom named them but maybe MB knows or had a name for them herself. I call them Purple Passion:grin:

Budget Bangin’.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #23,433 of 36,215
Oh man, I couldn't do that, I love my planars too much to ever go without!

Thanks, I'm really enjoying them. I honestly don't know how I haven't owned a pair of these at some point, warm with detail is def my type of sound.
We have known each other a while and you know i love planars too , had Fostex and hifiman but once I got the er4xr it changed for me, they were just so accurate that I found i wasn't using the big cans , sold the mojo and Hifiman because of...regret it in ways, I need to go to Canjam tryvdo new editions , but at this rate I doubt many will be going ahead????

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #23,435 of 36,215
LOL. It's called duct tape art. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

On a more serious note they put the sub on top of the amp so you can see everything together. The sub is supposed to be taken off the top of the amp and placed under your desk. The cool thing about these speakers is they are encased in ceramic and are totally closed. You can probably get some thumpin lower frequencies from this setup. The upper frequencies not so much. There isn't a tweeter that I can see in the package.... These get really good reviews though. HMMMMM
What is it anyway? I must have glazed over the make/model. I still like to think they just taped the sub on top haha. I bet that sub could pump. I have a fully enclosed small sub: Pinnacle Audio Baby Boomer and I love it. And I absolutely cannot run it at full gain. I think I have the thing set to like 20% or something, it definitely will shake the floor and walls well before max blasting.

I got a new to me toy in today. I wanted a decent closed-back headphone for when I don't want to hear all the noise around me, lol. I ended up with a pair of Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany with the Lawton Audio stage 1 mod, the Peterek dual 2.5mm cable mod, and a 4pin XLR cable, in great condition. I couldn't get a good seal with the factory Fostex pads, which gave me a good excuse to get out my bag o' pads, lol. I tried several and wasn't loving the sound through them and then landed on the stock pads from my M1060C and it all fell into place. The seal is perfect for me and they sound incredible. I expected the bass due to all the reviews (and I love it :p) but the shocker to me was that in a closed-back the mids aren't pushed down and the highs are crisp and clear. The stage could be a bit bigger, but it's clear to see why the Fostex TH and TR series is so popular. I'm a happy dude.

I've had that in my collection for a few years at this now, totally unmodded though. The only thing I've done to it is braid the cord since this edition didn't have a removable cable and the thing is 10 feet long. I braided it so it's now like 3-4ft long, much more manageable for a desktop setup. It's like rope now, you could strangle someone with that thing. I definitely use it less day-to-day than my HD600, but cuz because I braided the thing and it's funny to see, I kinda don't wanna sell it either :grin:

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #23,436 of 36,215
Happy 420 all

420-meaning-elite-daily.jpg

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #23,437 of 36,215
Apr 20, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #23,438 of 36,215
The MH755's are not buds:confused: Not sure what Tom named them but maybe MB knows or had a name for them herself. I call them Purple Passion:grin:

Budget Bangin’.JPG

Those are just recabled Mh755s

No name. 755s require a recable because of the short J cable. Do a few for us both and for others.

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #23,439 of 36,215
I got a new to me toy in today. I wanted a decent closed-back headphone for when I don't want to hear all the noise around me, lol. I ended up with a pair of Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany with the Lawton Audio stage 1 mod, the Peterek dual 2.5mm cable mod, and a 4pin XLR cable, in great condition. I couldn't get a good seal with the factory Fostex pads, which gave me a good excuse to get out my bag o' pads, lol. I tried several and wasn't loving the sound through them and then landed on the stock pads from my M1060C and it all fell into place. The seal is perfect for me and they sound incredible. I expected the bass due to all the reviews (and I love it :p) but the shocker to me was that in a closed-back the mids aren't pushed down and the highs are crisp and clear. The stage could be a bit bigger, but it's clear to see why the Fostex TH and TR series is so popular. I'm a happy dude.

2020-04-20 (1).jpg2020-04-20.jpg
A while back I had the Ebonies. They were a lot of fun and, for me, the definition of bass cannons... but the openings of the stock pads were simply too small for my ears, and every set of pads I bought (and it was quite a few) while were more comfortable they changed the sound for the worse. I am glad you found pads that are both comfortable and have a sound to your liking!

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #23,440 of 36,215
That was a shame....... I sort of had the same thing, I always wanted to learn to play guitar but didn't have a privileged up bringing, took it up aged 40 and it was going ok although I wasn't no Carlos santana....I had a road traffic accident 3 years later and smashed my right hand up, can't close my middle finger on my right hand fully anynore and this works like a team of horses if the front one goes then the others can't work properly either (try it) .....so my dream of being lead guitar was over lol ....

I bet he had years of practice, would of loved to have seen it.
He was left handed but played right handed. Finally bought a left handed guitar but never really got on with it. Too many years of right handed gear.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #23,442 of 36,215
My wife got a Mandolin some years past and plays it from time to time. Love the sound. Much harder than a regular guitar. She's the musical one in the family. She plays piano, flute, guitar and now mandolin. She sings really nicely too. One son plays violin and the other drums/guitar. All I know how to do is turn on my gear and put my headphones on.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #23,443 of 36,215
My wife got a Mandolin some years past and plays it from time to time. Love the sound. Much harder than a regular guitar. She's the musical one in the family. She plays piano, flute, guitar and now mandolin. She sings really nicely too. One son plays violin and the other drums/guitar. All I know how to do is turn on my gear and put my headphones on.
Yes but you do it with style.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #23,445 of 36,215
Got my R3 Pro and been playing the hell out of that thing. Great sounds. Really thinking I'll sell the M2X as I haven't reach for it since getting the HiBy.

On the mention of Planars, I do love them as well but lately really been digging my dynamic drivers. Meze 99 Noir, AQ Nightowl and HD6XX have been in constant rotation.
The pair up of the 99 Noir (2.5mm balanced) and R3 Pro is very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back