The Audio Lounge
Apr 20, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #23,417 of 36,382

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #23,418 of 36,382
very good but I prefer jaggers rendition

Not all originals are as good as what the next generation does with them. Willie Dixon and Howlin' Wolf are Jagger's idols.

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #23,420 of 36,382
I love nirvana's version of "where did you sleep last night" its one of my favourite tracks on mtv album but i don't like lead bellys version

I heard a version by someone, I think it was Bob Dylan (could possibly have been Arlo or Woodie Guthrie though).
It was kind of jaunty and cheerful; a complete contrast to the menace and intensity of the Nirvana cover :)

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #23,422 of 36,382
I heard a version by someone, I think it was Bob Dylan (could possibly have been Arlo or Woodie Guthrie though).
It was kind of jaunty and cheerful; a complete contrast to the menace and intensity of the Nirvana cover :)
I will try and check it out, I think the nirvana version is just a great moment in time, the rawness and emotion he put into that rendition is something special and every time I hear it it gives me that feeling...truly love it.

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #23,423 of 36,382
If we are posting pics of different looking speakers..... Oh I forgot to mention this entire setup costs $412. All inclusive desktop speaker setup. These get really good reviews also.

Ceramic-Speakers-From-Joey-Roth-1_b57dde7e-6abe-49a0-a76f-d907da72cbea-510x240.jpg
They probably know what they're doing, but at the same time, it also feels like they couldn't decide what to do so they abstractedly mounted the speakers in some wood pieces and just plopped the sub unit on top of the amplifier. It's like what happens when you have all the parts working like you need them to, but then you realize it's all supposed to be put together some more so you just slap it together with some double-sided tape :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #23,425 of 36,382
They probably know what they're doing, but at the same time, it also feels like they couldn't decide what to do so they abstractedly mounted the speakers in some wood pieces and just plopped the sub unit on top of the amplifier. It's like what happens when you have all the parts working like you need them to, but then you realize it's all supposed to be put together some more so you just slap it together with some double-sided tape :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
LOL. It's called duct tape art. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

On a more serious note they put the sub on top of the amp so you can see everything together. The sub is supposed to be taken off the top of the amp and placed under your desk. The cool thing about these speakers is they are encased in ceramic and are totally closed. You can probably get some thumpin lower frequencies from this setup. The upper frequencies not so much. There isn't a tweeter that I can see in the package.... These get really good reviews though. HMMMMM

Apr 20, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #23,426 of 36,382
I'm a big stones fan , I think they were way ahead of there time, great lyrics .. sympathy for the devil, paint it black, red rooster, under my thumb the list gos on....

Well look what I was listening to here on yet another Panda specials, like Tom I'm all over the place on Genre's as long as the music is performed well I could very well be listening to anything :grin:

39 Dolla-Holla!.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #23,429 of 36,382
I got a new to me toy in today. I wanted a decent closed-back headphone for when I don't want to hear all the noise around me, lol. I ended up with a pair of Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany with the Lawton Audio stage 1 mod, the Peterek dual 2.5mm cable mod, and a 4pin XLR cable, in great condition. I couldn't get a good seal with the factory Fostex pads, which gave me a good excuse to get out my bag o' pads, lol. I tried several and wasn't loving the sound through them and then landed on the stock pads from my M1060C and it all fell into place. The seal is perfect for me and they sound incredible. I expected the bass due to all the reviews (and I love it :p) but the shocker to me was that in a closed-back the mids aren't pushed down and the highs are crisp and clear. The stage could be a bit bigger, but it's clear to see why the Fostex TH and TR series is so popular. I'm a happy dude.

2020-04-20 (1).jpg2020-04-20.jpg

Apr 20, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #23,430 of 36,382
I got a new to me toy in today. I wanted a decent closed-back headphone for when I don't want to hear all the noise around me, lol. I ended up with a pair of Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany with the Lawton Audio stage 1 mod, the Peterek dual 2.5mm cable mod, and a 4pin XLR cable, in great condition. I couldn't get a good seal with the factory Fostex pads, which gave me a good excuse to get out my bag o' pads, lol. I tried several and wasn't loving the sound through them and then landed on the stock pads from my M1060C and it all fell into place. The seal is perfect for me and they sound incredible. I expected the bass due to all the reviews (and I love it :p) but the shocker to me was that in a closed-back the mids aren't pushed down and the highs are crisp and clear. The stage could be a bit bigger, but it's clear to see why the Fostex TH and TR series is so popular. I'm a happy dude.

I don't own any full sized anymore or any source with enough power ..maybe il change that someday again
Glad to see your enjoying them and good to see some new gear as its been like a desert! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back