The Audio Lounge
Apr 2, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #22,941 of 36,138
I'm going a bit stir crazy now, 7 days isolation on my own.....I need a coconut like Tom Hanks , will call it Bob and throw stones at it.

images (4).jpeg

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #22,942 of 36,138
I'm going a bit stir crazy now, 7 days isolation on my own.....I need a coconut like Tom Hanks , will call it Bob and throw stones at it.

images (4).jpeg

I did not realize you were on your own... I thought your partner was coming and going (to work). That is what is happening here but I am worried that at some point they might lock him down there and force him to work 24/7 leaving me all alone. My daughter was meant to arrive in May to celebrate the American Mother's Day with me. Not happening.

I never get bored when I am here alone during my husbands shifts at the hospital but I do get lonely. Sometimes depressed during the dark winter days... especially since we lost our beautiful doggie..

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #22,943 of 36,138
I did not realize you were on your own... I thought your partner was coming and going (to work). That is what is happening here but I am worried that at some point they might lock him down there and force him to work 24/7 leaving me all alone. My daughter was meant to arrive in May to celebrate the American Mother's Day with me. Not happening.

I never get bored when I am here alone during my husbands shifts at the hospital but I do get lonely. Sometimes depressed during the dark winter days... especially since we lost our beautiful doggie..
I don't live with my girlfriend anymore , long story short just wasnt getting on with her daughter's, we are still together but better this way until they fly the nest...my dog spends days there while I'm at work and with me and i see her just as much as before but I can step away now......still have 3 dogs between us though but only one which is actually totally my dog that stays with me ...we have been in lockdown because she and I have been at risk but we did walk all the dogs at the park this morning which was very nice. We both have decided to do lockdown due to the nature of her work and apparently according to her I'm category B with Corona virus which means I'm not as safe as A ..so we walk the dogs iin the morning at a safe distance .

You need to get a dog again, good for the soul and your mental well being and exercise too.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #22,944 of 36,138
Get ready for months of isolation, maybe years. God I hope this thing burns out, but there is always fuel. Fuel being fresh uninfected persons. The only way this works is nobody goes anywhere ever for any reason, like for 2 months. Obviously good luck achieving this in hospitals, morgues, lt care facilities, grocery stores......

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #22,948 of 36,138
You need to get a dog again, good for the soul and your mental well being and exercise too.

Tom has been unable to go through the heartbreak of loving and losing another dog. I have been through it many times and it is awful but it is the price we pay for having that special bond. I have, however, been afraid to promise a dog forever in case something happened to us... especially now. It is so hard to loose them... think how much harder it would be for them to lose us. How could they ever understand.

Bella was a rescue dog and I have had other rescues in the past. When I was still in the states i was helping with the online Pitbull rescue group through which I adopted my lovely Sadie. I need to find photos of my old dogs.

Bella had separation anxiety. She had been abandoned in a flat and the RSPCA found her. She would have thought she had been abandoned again.

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #22,949 of 36,138
Tom has been unable to go through the heartbreak of loving and losing another dog. I have been through it many times and it is awful but it is the price we pay for having that special bond. I have, however, been afraid to promise a dog forever in case something happened to us... especially now. It is so hard to loose them... think how much harder it would be for them to lose us. How could they ever understand.

Bella was a rescue dog and I have had other rescues in the past. When I was still in the states i was helping with the online Pitbull rescue group through which I adopted my lovely Sadie. I need to find photos of my old dogs.

Bella had separation anxiety. She had been abandoned in a flat and the RSPCA found her. She would have thought she had been abandoned again.
I totally agree with everything you put ...my dogs are my world and I have been worried about if something happened to us too, but there are 100s of dogs out there that need good homes and the worst could happen in any family home, that dog you didnt take home could end up with another family and end up in that situation but if you give it a home it may have a long and happy life ...such is the lottery of life in every scenario, I know its hard to lose a dog and I feel for you but by the sounds of it you both have so much to give :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back