The Audio Lounge
Dec 31, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #21,841 of 36,384
@timorinolee Hello matey,

Ok, this is *slightly* over your budget ($249), but I would strongly recommend giving this one consideration:
https://elementechnology.com/collections/virtues-series/products/prudence

Firstly, I simply cannot praise the design enough; for my tastes, it's drop-dead gorgeous, even more so for a cable at this price point :)

In case you or anyone else don't know the background, one of the top guys from Effect Audio has left and started his own company, Eletech.
Initial impressions on other threads have specifically praised the build quality of their cables (contrasted with complaints about EA's), as well - of course - as the sound.
It's a SPC cable. I'm being sent one to review sometime in January and I'm *very *excited!

Detailed impressions were posted by a reviewer I whose ears I trust (Deezel177):
"The Prudence is a great change of pace from the Fortitude (Copper cable), as it’s probably the most relaxed-sounding cable of the bunch. Impressively, though, the Prudence didn’t have that warm, sluggish and hazy tone. Rather, it had wonderful cleanliness, clarity and air. It had a pristine, serene and calming presence that came across graceful, effortless and light-on-its-feet. If it makes any sense, it sounded like a ballet recital, or a drummer doing butterflies on cymbals and hi-hats. It simply gave instruments this light, feathery-touch, but without becoming lethargic or sterile. Again, the cable had that tactile sort of texture I’d described earlier, that kept instruments sounding solid and corporeal. The midrange I thought was very nicely balanced with good body to the low-mids. And, the top-end was really rounded, rich and analog-sounding whilst - again - maintaining that sense of air. It’s almost like a baby Illiad in tone, really, and I’d surmise that it pairs most ideally with in-ears that are inherently dynamic or powerful-sounding, like 64 Audio’s A6t, Lime Ears’ Aether R and Empire Ears’ Valkyrie"

Note that he describes it as a "baby Iliad in tone". Iliad is their flagship ($1800) and already being mooted as one of - if not the - best cables on the market.
Ok, so there's always the hype-train risk, so take all this with a grain of salt, but I genuinely suspect that it's worth consideration :)

@Layman1 @OldDude04 always does this to me and it means he's already pulled the trigger on it. :D

Anyway, nice cable and very interesting design. I may have to get one of these. Pretty happy with the Dunu Hulk though.

Dec 31, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #21,842 of 36,384
How does it sound compared to the Cayin i-HA6?

I like its sound a bit better, not like tons better but better. It has a super black background and has a bit more body to the sound than the Cayin. But, lets be honest, the IHA-6 is by far the better looking of the two, lol.

Pure happiness!
2019-12-31.jpg

Dec 31, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #21,843 of 36,384
@Layman1 @OldDude04 always does this to me and it means he's already pulled the trigger on it. :D

Anyway, nice cable and very interesting design. I may have to get one of these. Pretty happy with the Dunu Hulk though.

Nope, I didn't even click the link, lol. The cable looks too good from the pic he posted for me to be trusted with clicking that link....

Dec 31, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #21,844 of 36,384
I like its sound a bit better, not like tons better but better. It has a super black background and has a bit more body to the sound than the Cayin. But, lets be honest, the IHA-6 is by far the better looking of the two, lol.

Pure happiness!
Who ever said that looks meant anything in audio?

Dec 31, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #21,848 of 36,384
Dec 31, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #21,849 of 36,384
Dec 31, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #21,851 of 36,384
@timorinolee Hello matey,

Ok, this is *slightly* over your budget ($249), but I would strongly recommend giving this one consideration:
https://elementechnology.com/collections/virtues-series/products/prudence

Firstly, I simply cannot praise the design enough; for my tastes, it's drop-dead gorgeous, even more so for a cable at this price point :)

In case you or anyone else don't know the background, one of the top guys from Effect Audio has left and started his own company, Eletech.
Initial impressions on other threads have specifically praised the build quality of their cables (contrasted with complaints about EA's), as well - of course - as the sound.
It's a SPC cable. I'm being sent one to review sometime in January and I'm *very *excited!

Detailed impressions were posted by a reviewer I whose ears I trust (Deezel177):
"The Prudence is a great change of pace from the Fortitude (Copper cable), as it’s probably the most relaxed-sounding cable of the bunch. Impressively, though, the Prudence didn’t have that warm, sluggish and hazy tone. Rather, it had wonderful cleanliness, clarity and air. It had a pristine, serene and calming presence that came across graceful, effortless and light-on-its-feet. If it makes any sense, it sounded like a ballet recital, or a drummer doing butterflies on cymbals and hi-hats. It simply gave instruments this light, feathery-touch, but without becoming lethargic or sterile. Again, the cable had that tactile sort of texture I’d described earlier, that kept instruments sounding solid and corporeal. The midrange I thought was very nicely balanced with good body to the low-mids. And, the top-end was really rounded, rich and analog-sounding whilst - again - maintaining that sense of air. It’s almost like a baby Illiad in tone, really, and I’d surmise that it pairs most ideally with in-ears that are inherently dynamic or powerful-sounding, like 64 Audio’s A6t, Lime Ears’ Aether R and Empire Ears’ Valkyrie"

Note that he describes it as a "baby Iliad in tone". Iliad is their flagship ($1800) and already being mooted as one of - if not the - best cables on the market.
Ok, so there's always the hype-train risk, so take all this with a grain of salt, but I genuinely suspect that it's worth consideration :)

Darn it mate. You really know how to impress me and know what I'm looking for. Looks like it'll be a mid Jan purchase.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #21,852 of 36,384
Darn it mate. You really know how to impress me and know what I'm looking for. Looks like it'll be a mid Jan purchase.

Awesome. Glad to be of service!
Do I get the Lounge's "First Successful Enablement of 2020" award? :p

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #21,853 of 36,384
Woke up this morning at 6am, knew after last night the wife was not going to be getting up for a while, lol. So I figured why not spend some time with the new amp. After 2 hours of listening to some of my favorite test songs, I'm shocked at how much my Emotiva A-100 was coloring the music. The Monolith 887 is basically a wire with gain type of amp, no color added. I'm enjoying the new year and hope you are doing the same!

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #21,854 of 36,384
1st WOW of 2020: Send

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #21,855 of 36,384
Wow-send

Users who are viewing this thread

Back