The Audio Lounge
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #21,826 of 36,384
Under $200, looking at the Vogue series ATM.

I had a couple of the demo Vogue series have build quality issues, I can't really recommend those...

2019-12-30.jpg

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #21,829 of 36,384
I've had similar problems with Effect Audio's higher end cables too.

Another cable I can recommend is PW Audio No. 5. I have a 2 pin and it's pretty nice.

Yeah, the PW Audio is a good call too. My Hylas came with a nice PW Audio cable and it is super nice.

I have an Effect Audio Origin cable and it's been phenomenal, but the Vogue series definitely stopped me from going forward with another EA cable.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #21,830 of 36,384
Yeah, the PW Audio is a good call too. My Hylas came with a nice PW Audio cable and it is super nice.

I have an Effect Audio Origin cable and it's been phenomenal, but the Vogue series definitely stopped me from going forward with another EA cable.
I had an older high end Effects cable for my JH Audio Laylas. Can't remember the model. The molding came off where the IEM connects to the cable. It was super disappointing for what the cable cost. It was an $800 cable.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #21,832 of 36,384
Thanks for the recommendations! Disappointed at the built quality with the Vogue!

The null audio Luna VI does look really tempting for the price. In regards to the Dunue HULK, worried that it might be too "warm" sounding, the current 8-wire Copper cable I have from NICEHCK is too thick for my liking. SPC sounds like a good route for my current in ears.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #21,833 of 36,384
I had an older high end Effects cable for my JH Audio Laylas. Can't remember the model. The molding came off where the IEM connects to the cable. It was super disappointing for what the cable cost. It was an $800 cable.

Man, that would piss me off, lol. Were you able to fix the cable?

Thanks for the recommendations! Disappointed at the built quality with the Vogue!

The null audio Luna VI does look really tempting for the price. In regards to the Dunue HULK, worried that it might be too "warm" sounding, the current 8-wire Copper cable I have from NICEHCK is too thick for my liking. SPC sounds like a good route for my current in ears.

You won't be disappointed with the Null cable. Let us know what you end up going with.

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #21,835 of 36,384

I have to apologize I didn't catch the SPC need. I don't know what I was thinking :D

Here are some SPC cables that are in my cable collection that I can recommend:

1. Triton8 by Triton cables. This is a very detailed cable with excellent dynamics. Sounds great with my OH500s. You can go full SPC or a SPC/OCC mixture. The build is excellent and it has been a pleasure to own. The only downside is it is a little stiff if that bothers you. http://tritonaudiocables.com/Triton8-Flagship-OCC-Earphone-Cable_p_35.html
2. GUCraftsman. Well made and very soft and supple. The sound of their cables I outstanding too. Very rich and involving. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3879013?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.2728319cJWGca2

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #21,836 of 36,384
Hey folks, it's that time of the year, cable purchase time. Looking for a 2-pin SPC cable, any recommendations?

@timorinolee Hello matey,

Ok, this is *slightly* over your budget ($249), but I would strongly recommend giving this one consideration:
https://elementechnology.com/collections/virtues-series/products/prudence
Prudence.jpg
Firstly, I simply cannot praise the design enough; for my tastes, it's drop-dead gorgeous, even more so for a cable at this price point :)

In case you or anyone else don't know the background, one of the top guys from Effect Audio has left and started his own company, Eletech.
Initial impressions on other threads have specifically praised the build quality of their cables (contrasted with complaints about EA's), as well - of course - as the sound.
It's a SPC cable. I'm being sent one to review sometime in January and I'm *very *excited!

Detailed impressions were posted by a reviewer I whose ears I trust (Deezel177):
"The Prudence is a great change of pace from the Fortitude (Copper cable), as it’s probably the most relaxed-sounding cable of the bunch. Impressively, though, the Prudence didn’t have that warm, sluggish and hazy tone. Rather, it had wonderful cleanliness, clarity and air. It had a pristine, serene and calming presence that came across graceful, effortless and light-on-its-feet. If it makes any sense, it sounded like a ballet recital, or a drummer doing butterflies on cymbals and hi-hats. It simply gave instruments this light, feathery-touch, but without becoming lethargic or sterile. Again, the cable had that tactile sort of texture I’d described earlier, that kept instruments sounding solid and corporeal. The midrange I thought was very nicely balanced with good body to the low-mids. And, the top-end was really rounded, rich and analog-sounding whilst - again - maintaining that sense of air. It’s almost like a baby Illiad in tone, really, and I’d surmise that it pairs most ideally with in-ears that are inherently dynamic or powerful-sounding, like 64 Audio’s A6t, Lime Ears’ Aether R and Empire Ears’ Valkyrie"

Note that he describes it as a "baby Iliad in tone". Iliad is their flagship ($1800) and already being mooted as one of - if not the - best cables on the market.
Ok, so there's always the hype-train risk, so take all this with a grain of salt, but I genuinely suspect that it's worth consideration :)

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #21,837 of 36,384
So my UPS delivery was on the truck at 5:58 AM yesterday and scheduled for delivery by 9 PM. Nothing. So of course UPS sends me an update this morning that my delivery is on schedule.

Shipped To: BRAMPTON, ON, CA
UPS Service: UPS Standard®
Weight: 1.0 lb
Package Progress
Brampton, ON, Canada 12/30/2019 05:58 AM Destination Scan
Brampton, ON, Canada 12/27/2019 10:27 PM Arrival Scan
Concord, ON, Canada 12/27/2019 10:08 PM Departure Scan
Concord, ON, Canada 12/27/2019 05:52 PM Origin Scan
Canada 12/27/2019 09:58 AM Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Tracking results provided by UPS 12/31/2019 9:32 A.M. Eastern Time

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #21,838 of 36,384
@timorinolee Hello matey,

Ok, this is *slightly* over your budget ($249), but I would strongly recommend giving this one consideration:
https://elementechnology.com/collections/virtues-series/products/prudence

Firstly, I simply cannot praise the design enough; for my tastes, it's drop-dead gorgeous, even more so for a cable at this price point :)

In case you or anyone else don't know the background, one of the top guys from Effect Audio has left and started his own company, Eletech.
Initial impressions on other threads have specifically praised the build quality of their cables (contrasted with complaints about EA's), as well - of course - as the sound.
It's a SPC cable. I'm being sent one to review sometime in January and I'm *very *excited!

Detailed impressions were posted by a reviewer I whose ears I trust (Deezel177):
"The Prudence is a great change of pace from the Fortitude (Copper cable), as it’s probably the most relaxed-sounding cable of the bunch. Impressively, though, the Prudence didn’t have that warm, sluggish and hazy tone. Rather, it had wonderful cleanliness, clarity and air. It had a pristine, serene and calming presence that came across graceful, effortless and light-on-its-feet. If it makes any sense, it sounded like a ballet recital, or a drummer doing butterflies on cymbals and hi-hats. It simply gave instruments this light, feathery-touch, but without becoming lethargic or sterile. Again, the cable had that tactile sort of texture I’d described earlier, that kept instruments sounding solid and corporeal. The midrange I thought was very nicely balanced with good body to the low-mids. And, the top-end was really rounded, rich and analog-sounding whilst - again - maintaining that sense of air. It’s almost like a baby Illiad in tone, really, and I’d surmise that it pairs most ideally with in-ears that are inherently dynamic or powerful-sounding, like 64 Audio’s A6t, Lime Ears’ Aether R and Empire Ears’ Valkyrie"

Note that he describes it as a "baby Iliad in tone". Iliad is their flagship ($1800) and already being mooted as one of - if not the - best cables on the market.
Ok, so there's always the hype-train risk, so take all this with a grain of salt, but I genuinely suspect that it's worth consideration :)

NNT2245-BLACK-HPOST.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back