The Audio Lounge
Aug 20, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #20,086 of 36,146
Well then, I hope that you noticed Majo's, Jerick's and my posts on here saying that we were disappointed by the Kanas Pro. :) :beerchug:

The newer KXXS is better to me but I still don't think that it is that great with fast dynamic music, which the TFZ No. 3 does better.
I'll be skipping the KXXS then. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm trying the Custom Art FIBAE Black and the Oriveti OH500 this week. We will see what they bring. I'm doing these on my own accord with some reading and one recommend from the forum.

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #20,087 of 36,146
Oops, then I hope that you like the Sabaj D5! :)

I seem to be on the same plane as him, however I have not tried the DM6 or 7, etc. We all know that tips and synergies make a big difference, not to mention preferences.

I was not that keen on the Kanas Pro that he liked but we seem to think that the TFZ No.3 is one of the best value IEM's at the moment and the Moondrop KXXS is up there also. When I heard the TFZ No.3 I did not like them with silicone tips, I reckon they work best with foams to tame the bass.

BTW, my favourite tips for most stuff is the Flare Audio universal tips, they have a denser foam, way-way more than that expensive comply ****
I missed that up top about the Sabaj D5. I think I'll like it. The measurements are excellent. If I don't back it goes.

I'm going to have to try the Flare Audio tips.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #20,088 of 36,146
Got them in today and had a very brief listen to the three main settings. Very nice! I am not much of a treble head, but I even quite liked the treble setting as well (although I preferred the other two). Will be fun to spend more time with these while I let my ankle recover (hurt it during a trail run).

Awesome, I feel the same way about my TSMR-3's. They are really good for the money. Plenty of detail, nice low end. If I was forced to say anything bad, the only thing I could think of is that the sound stage isn't as wide as I'm used to with my DM6/DM7's.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #20,091 of 36,146
Kef muo are my blue tooth portables. Take a pair boom, stereo.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #20,092 of 36,146

I'm trying the Custom Art FIBAE Black and the Oriveti OH500 this week. We will see what they bring. I'm doing these on my own accord with some reading and one recommend from the forum.
I think that will be a treat because FIBAE Black are quite something. If possible, use the double flange tips that Custom Art supply. I found those to give the best result. I never thought I would come across IEMs that would replace my Ei.3, but the Black managed it. I absolutely love them.
Awesome, I feel the same way about my TSMR-3's. They are really good for the money. Plenty of detail, nice low end. If I was forced to say anything bad, the only thing I could think of is that the sound stage isn't as wide as I'm used to with my DM6/DM7's.
Definitely seem good for the money on first listen and I like how well the switches work. I am used to tuning with filters like Trinity used and the FH7, but this seems to be working better.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #20,093 of 36,146

It is good if someone needs an IEM but I would need more time to put it through its paces to really recommend it. I tend to be quite critical and will only keep gear if I really like it and need it.

The Sabaj D5 seems to be improving with time and it can also be used as a good pre-amp and has a good remote control. Try doing that with the Chord Qutest!

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #20,094 of 36,146
It is good if someone needs an IEM but I would need more time to put it through its paces to really recommend it. I tend to be quite critical and will only keep gear if I really like it and need it.

The Sabaj D5 seems to be improving with time and it can also be used as a good pre-amp and has a good remote control. Try doing that with the Chord Qutest!
And Chord can't do it for $469 either.

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #20,095 of 36,146
I think that will be a treat because FIBAE Black are quite something. If possible, use the double flange tips that Custom Art supply. I found those to give the best result. I never thought I would come across IEMs that would replace my Ei.3, but the Black managed it. I absolutely love them.

Definitely seem good for the money on first listen and I like how well the switches work. I am used to tuning with filters like Trinity used and the FH7, but this seems to be working better.
I've been going back and forth about the FIBAE Black. I mean with only 1 BA driver and all of the super sought after multi-BA designs, how can these be good? I almost cancelled once. But then decided that they can't be that bad if no one is selling used. But then I hear this and I'm pretty stoked! I'll get these tomorrow and have to share my initial thoughts.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #20,096 of 36,146
Well then, I hope that you noticed Majo's, Jerick's and my posts on here saying that we were disappointed by the Kanas Pro. :) :beerchug:

The newer KXXS is better to me but I still don't think that it is that great with fast dynamic music, which the TFZ No. 3 does better.

Was I mentioned lol... I think the kanas pro was ok for the money, it had faults definitely else i wouldn't of got rid but we're talking about just over £100 iem.. now I didn't like the dm6 at all and there are plenty out there that like either or either and some say dm6 and some say kanas pro... Hbb is giving in my opinion a broad spectrum so us consumers can have a subjective choice... I have bought stuff on his rec that I liked and didn't like but I still listen and like his opinion as for me he is one of the only ones that will say if he thinks something is crap, he doesn't care about money or the company and impossible to please all the people all the time or everyone to agree all the time... Hated dm6, might of had a crap pair, kanas pro was better for me but still not good enough for me to keep, and my rui didn't fit and were a bit fatiguing, all recced by hbb.. But he did rec the zishan and he did rec the tin p1 and he did rec the Fiio m11.. All excellent in there own way for me.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #20,097 of 36,146
Was I mentioned lol... I think the kanas pro was ok for the money, it had faults definitely else i wouldn't of got rid but we're talking about just over £100 iem.. now I didn't like the dm6 at all and there are plenty out there that like either or either and some say dm6 and some say kanas pro... Hbb is giving in my opinion a broad spectrum so us consumers can have a subjective choice... I have bought stuff on his rec that I liked and didn't like but I still listen and like his opinion as for me he is one of the only ones that will say if he thinks something is crap, he doesn't care about money or the company and impossible to please all the people all the time or everyone to agree all the time... Hated dm6, might of had a **** pair, kanas pro was better for me but still not good enough for me to keep, and my rui didn't fit and were a bit fatiguing, all recced by hbb.. But he did rec the zishan and he did rec the tin p1 and he did rec the Fiio m11.. All excellent in there own way for me.
I started with the negative press for HBB. I didn't mention your name, just HBB. FYI, you have nothing to do with my not listening to HBB anymore. He did it to himself. But you know everyone has their own likes and dislikes. And I understand that. So peace my friend. You are my Audio Lounge Brother in Arms and always will be. :ksc75smile:

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #20,098 of 36,146
I started with the negative press for HBB. I didn't mention your name, just HBB. FYI, you have nothing to do with my not listening to HBB anymore. He did it to himself. But you know everyone has their own likes and dislikes. And I understand that. So peace my friend. You are my Audio Lounge Brother in Arms and always will be. :ksc75smile:

Hey dude no sweat.. I'm just trying to point out that it's all subjective and equally all reviewers get it wrong and right for all at times, no one's right or wrong on headfi for me, it's all to variable... We have to take it as a guide and sometimes it doesn't work out, not always the person next to you or reviewers fault just your perception.. I genuinely preferred the kanas pro to dm6 and clear that you vice versa... Neither wrong just our tastes and perceptions and its the same out there for lots of others on these two iems too.... One thing we can agree on is the lounge is open no right or wrong and we are all friends here... So no worrys dude.. Hope your still enjoying the 1z

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #20,099 of 36,146
Hey dude no sweat.. I'm just trying to point out that it's all subjective and equally all reviewers get it wrong and right for all at times, no one's right or wrong on headfi for me, it's all to variable... We have to take it as a guide and sometimes it doesn't work out, not always the person next to you or reviewers fault just your perception.. I genuinely preferred the kanas pro to dm6 and clear that you vice versa... Neither wrong just our tastes and perceptions and its the same out there for lots of others on these two iems too.... One thing we can agree on is the lounge is open no right or wrong and we are all friends here... So no worrys dude.. Hope your still enjoying the 1z
I couldn't have said it better.

Yes the 1Z is great. It's really coming into it's own. It's very picky about matching IEMs but no big deal, because when it's matched is sounds awesome!

I'm itching to trade for a N8 now though. I almost had a Black Copper N8 in my hand a few days ago but the person I was going to trade with didn't want my JH Audio Lolas after all. Oh well I'll wait patiently. I got a screaming deal on the 1Z from a super nice guy. I'm just a tube head and want my tubes!!!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back