The Audio Lounge
Aug 20, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #20,072 of 35,690
I agree with @Dobrescu George that these can be a little lacking but for the money, they work ok. I agree that they are lovely to look at. Eye Candy for your ears...I got the red.
Get the NX7 instead. They give you a lot for close to the same price. I think they are worth much more than the NX7 sells for.

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #20,073 of 35,690
0|< 7|-||_/¯ |§ (_+37†!|V6 ®:[):[µ[_°(_)§ ßL|7 (_+()°|> /\/\°/2/V][[\]6 ¯|¯() є\/€®¥°[\]є

I am familiar with Leet speak, but this is a whole new realm for me. I can make out some potential patterns and letters, but can you direct me to a page (or Google search term) where I can read more about this (assuming you haven't just made it all up)? :)

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #20,074 of 35,690
I am familiar with Leet speak, but this is a whole new realm for me. I can make out some potential patterns and letters, but can you direct me to a page (or Google search term) where I can read more about this (assuming you haven't just made it all up)? :)
This is advanced leet, or Level 3 leet, whatever you want to call it. You can decrypt it here:

https://www.dcode.fr/leet-speak-1337

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #20,075 of 35,690
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #20,079 of 35,690
I pay him no mind. His likes and my likes are as far apart as it can get.
Oops, then I hope that you like the Sabaj D5! :)

I seem to be on the same plane as him, however I have not tried the DM6 or 7, etc. We all know that tips and synergies make a big difference, not to mention preferences.

I was not that keen on the Kanas Pro that he liked but we seem to think that the TFZ No.3 is one of the best value IEM's at the moment and the Moondrop KXXS is up there also. When I heard the TFZ No.3 I did not like them with silicone tips, I reckon they work best with foams to tame the bass.

BTW, my favourite tips for most stuff is the Flare Audio universal tips, they have a denser foam, way-way more than that expensive comply ****

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #20,080 of 35,690
Oops, then I hope that you like the Sabaj D5! :)

I seem to be on the same plane as him, however I have not tried the DM6 or 7, etc. We all know that tips and synergies make a big difference, not to mention preferences.

I was not that keen on the Kanas Pro that he liked but we seem to think that the TFZ No.3 is one of the best value IEM's at the moment and the Moondrop KXXS is up there also. When I heard the TFZ No.3 I did not like them with silicone tips, I reckon they work best with foams to tame the bass.

BTW, my favourite tips for most stuff is the Flare Audio universal tips, they have a denser foam, way-way more than that expensive comply ****
No problem. Just stating my thought on your post. That's the great thing about this thread, we can state our opinion and that's fine. If we don't agree that's fine. We don't get into it and try to put down others for what they like.

Now the reason I've stopped listening to him is there have been three things that I've purchased on his recommendation and all have been busts for me. So I go elsewhere now. You know 3 strikes you are out.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #20,081 of 35,690
No problem. Just stating my thought on your post. That's the great thing about this thread, we can state our opinion and that's fine. If we don't agree that's fine. We don't get into it and try to put down others for what they like.

Now the reason I've stopped listening to him is there have been three things that I've purchased on his recommendation and all have been busts for me. So I go elsewhere now.

Just curious...which three?

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #20,082 of 35,690
Just curious...which three?
1) iBasso DX150 being superior to the DX200. Not even close and I wasted a ton of money.
2) Kanas Pro - That is a terrible IEM IMO. Fortunately I got most of my money back.
3) Fearless S8F - That is a terrible IEM. My ears start to bleed every time I think about these. Plus I lost a bundle on them because everyone thinks these are terrible.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #20,083 of 35,690
1) iBasso DX150 being superior to the DX200. Not even close and I wasted a ton of money.
2) Kanas Pro - That is a terrible IEM IMO. Fortunately I got most of my money back.
3) Fearless S8F - That is a terrible IEM. My ears start to bleed every time I think about these. Plus I lost a bundle on them because everyone thinks these are terrible.

A few months ago the Kanas Pro was going to be my expensive purchase but I hesitated long enough that I no longer want it.

Meanwhile my best buds give me the most enjoyment.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #20,084 of 35,690
A few months ago the Kanas Pro was going to be my expensive purchase but I hesitated long enough that I no longer want it.

Meanwhile my best bud give me the most enjoyment.
Well then, I hope that you noticed Majo's, Jerick's and my posts on here saying that we were disappointed by the Kanas Pro. :) :beerchug:

The newer KXXS is better to me but I still don't think that it is that great with fast dynamic music, which the TFZ No. 3 does better.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #20,085 of 35,690
Nice, I have the TSMR-3 and I think they are a damn good IEM. I hear the Pro is just as good if not better so you're in for a treat.
Got them in today and had a very brief listen to the three main settings. Very nice! I am not much of a treble head, but I even quite liked the treble setting as well (although I preferred the other two). Will be fun to spend more time with these while I let my ankle recover (hurt it during a trail run).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back