The Audio Lounge
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #20,116 of 35,964
Oh I love the "Follow my Delivery"..... My package is almost here according to the tracker....

upload_2019-8-21_11-23-31.png

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #20,117 of 35,964
I can't remember where I read it, but it was said that they sound alot like the Audeze iSine IEMs.
Then I don't have to get them since I already have the iSine10, which is pretty decent once you've got the Cipher's DSP curve set on your EQ. Honestly not sure why they didn't do it on the IEM itself because I don't think it sounds right until you apply the EQ curve that the Cipher cable adds.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #20,120 of 35,964
I have the FIBAE Blacks in house. Fantastic sound!!!! These have trumped all of my IEMs so far. Acoustic Jazz on these is HEAVEN. Listening to a new Hirez Bob James album and it is pure bliss....

A single BA done well can be extremely good. In the early days of Chifi, you could get a 4-BA IEM for the same price of a single DD or BA IEM from an established brand and almost every time, the single-driver IEM would be the better sounding, despite the fact that more drivers should allow for better control of frequency reproduction. It's a fine line between number of drivers and quality reproduction; more drivers means more fine-grain frequency control (due to each driver being specialized to a frequency spectrum), but the introduction of figuring out the harmonic overlaps and gaining sonic cohesion is what separates good multi-driver from bad multi-driver. More drivers = more complicated configuration and more points of potential failure.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #20,121 of 35,964
CA FIBAE Black Initial Impressions - Black is back, Black is the new Grey

1) Separation and Layering is fantastic. You can hear every single note, instrument, and nuance to the song.
2) The sound is so enveloping, think 3D or 4D sound.
3) The sound stage is huge in all directions but doesn't overreach and make everything sound unnatural like some headphones.
4) The bass digs to the depths but is controlled and so satisfying.
5) mids are sooooo smooth
6) treble has nice sheen and sparkle but isn't sibilant.
7) These are easy to drive, but do scale with power. The WM1Z sounds really good with these but my N6ii sounds better
8) These are so delicate sounding when they want to be but still rock when you want these to.
9) The background on these is very black. No hiss at all. Even from my ASP tube amp. I no longer need to switch between over ears and IEMs at my desk to listen to my tube amp.

IMG_20190821_123819.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #20,126 of 35,964
CA FIBAE Black Initial Impressions - Black is back, Black is the new Grey

1) Separation and Layering is fantastic. You can hear every single note, instrument, and nuance to the song.
2) The sound is so enveloping, think 3D or 4D sound.
3) The sound stage is huge in all directions but doesn't overreach and make everything sound unnatural like some headphones.
4) The bass digs to the depths but is controlled and so satisfying.
5) mids are sooooo smooth
6) treble has nice sheen and sparkle but isn't sibilant.
7) These are easy to drive, but do scale with power. The WM1Z sounds really good with these but my N6ii sounds better
8) These are so delicate sounding when they want to be but still rock when you want these to.
9) The background on these is very black. No hiss at all. Even from my ASP tube amp. I no longer need to switch between over ears and IEMs at my desk to listen to my tube amp.

Yep, I thought much the same. It is really impressive how these image and they have slowly become my preferred IEMs for gaming because of how easy they are to drive and the 3D stage. Also my go-to IEMs when I just want pure musicality, none of my TOTL IEMs give me what the Black have on offer in that department.

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #20,127 of 35,964
Yep, I thought much the same. It is really impressive how these image and they have slowly become my preferred IEMs for gaming because of how easy they are to drive and the 3D stage. Also my go-to IEMs when I just want pure musicality, none of my TOTL IEMs give me what the Black have on offer in that department.
What other IEMs do you have?

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #20,128 of 35,964
What other IEMs do you have?
Empire Ears Phantom, Dita Audio Fealty, Custom Art Ei.3, 64 Audio U12t and Trio, TP Audio Aurora, Rhapsodio Saturn, FiiO FH7, Shanling ME100. I think that is about it.

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #20,130 of 35,964
wow i got one and done. well 2 but gave my backup to my wife

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back