The Audio Lounge
Aug 17, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #19,996 of 36,233
Hey Jerick, to me the D5 is very organic and musical and is surprisingly smooth, almost like all the benefits of a tube amp.

Early days for me but if you can snag one with a good returns policy, I would not hesitate.

It would be interesting to hear how it compares to your other stuff. I like the one box solution............

Aug 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #19,997 of 36,233
Hey Jerick, to me the D5 is very organic and musical and is surprisingly smooth, almost like all the benefits of a tube amp.

Early days for me but if you can snag one with a good returns policy, I would not hesitate.

It would be interesting to hear how it compares to your other stuff. I like the one box solution............
The only place in the US I can find the D5 is on Amazon direct from Sabaj.

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #19,998 of 36,233
The only place in the US I can find the D5 is on Amazon direct from Sabaj.
I bought mine delivered by Amazon. They sell them but not all the time.

You have some nice Cayin gear, so maybe you should hold off for a while? :)

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #19,999 of 36,233
I bought mine delivered by Amazon. They sell them but not all the time.

You have some nice Cayin gear, so maybe you should hold off for a while? :)
I do but my new iDAC-6 is giving me fits. I have static after listening for a while and the DAC dies. I have to power cycle the DAC to get any sound. SO this will be my backup desktop DAC. Plus I am really curious about sound on this.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #20,002 of 36,233
So a guy on Amazon is saying the Sabaj D5 is as good as the RME ADI-2 but warmer. I didn't like the RME because it was to sterile for me but loved the detail. Hmmmm the rabbit hole is going deeper.....

While I have not tried the D5, I have listened to the ADI-2 and really liked it. I didn't think it too sterile and you're right about the detail. If you can get the D5 for cheaper, that may be the way to go. When I rebuild my desktop system, I think I may go to the RME.

That rabbit hole doesn't end...

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #20,003 of 36,233
Finished all my house stuff and just kicking back wondering about sales. I am giving the PAW 5000 mk2 a go before I decide. I like it but rarely use it. Same with the X5 v1 and the X5iii. Meze's sound awesome.
upload_2019-8-17_17-16-26.png

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #20,004 of 36,233
While I have not tried the D5, I have listened to the ADI-2 and really liked it. I didn't think it too sterile and you're right about the detail. If you can get the D5 for cheaper, that may be the way to go. When I rebuild my desktop system, I think I may go to the RME.

That rabbit hole doesn't end...
I had the pro version. It was to lifeless and sterile for me. The detail was incredible. This is the same reason I moved to the Cayin N6ii from the DX200Ti ,same detail but some much more life to the music.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #20,005 of 36,233
A Saturday take on blues:

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #20,006 of 36,233
@Light - Man Aliexpress has an option to ship from the USA. Interesting, I've not seen this before. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. ORDERED!
Hey Bro, I am confident that you will really like it. Don't hold back if you don't.

I can only imagine how much Chord would charge for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to benefit from some burn-in on each input and it sounded a bit treble edgey for the first 20 minutes to me............................

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #20,007 of 36,233
Recorded‎: ‎March–April 1979
Released‎: ‎27 July 1979

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #20,008 of 36,233
Hey Bro, I am confident that you will really like it. Don't hold back if you don't.

I can only imagine how much Chord would charge for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to benefit from some burn-in on each input and it sounded a bit treble edgey for the first 20 minutes to me............................
Yeah I'm starting to really dig Chi-Fi. They are making some incredible kit for not a lot.

Aug 17, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #20,009 of 36,233

I like a good one-box solution. It's why I have a TEAC AI301-DA on my desk. I've got my bookshelf speakers hooked up to it and I just plug my headphones into the front when I feel like headphones. It's nice to only have one DAC/amp on my desk since I have 2 headphones and the speakers.

Aug 17, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #20,010 of 36,233
I like a good one-box solution. It's why I have a TEAC AI301-DA on my desk. I've got my bookshelf speakers hooked up to it and I just plug my headphones into the front when I feel like headphones. It's nice to only have one DAC/amp on my desk since I have 2 headphones and the speakers.
I go back and forth. It really depends on your headphones. For desktop I prefer separates. You get so much more performance with a separate DAC and headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back