The Audio Lounge
Aug 20, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #1,831 of 36,233
I have always been that way and i did a little reading on old planars and some are supposed to be truly good...apparently the drivers in the fostex haven't changed much at all. The audiotechnica I have bought have a bit of a write up on headphonics and are on a modd thread on here.
Sometimes I think you got to break the mould have a gamble, I did that with the flarespro , not much on them and a bit different with the mmcx connections and dongle but couldn't be more pleased with them.
And anyway I have spent about £70 on both (if i win the others) so no big loss if not impressed.
Well....I wouldn't say you gambled :p. Their previous R2 series was pretty damn good. I figured the FlarePros were gonna be good, but it just didn't have the right ergonomics for me.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #1,832 of 36,233
That's what happened to my Vyrus V1 LOL.

I came home and noticed my right cable was really light and would jump around. Noticed the earpiece must've disconnected when I wrapped it around my neck to talk to other people.

I can now declare this IEM dead. :c there's no way I want to bother asking trinity for help.
who the heck would want to ship one part of IEM anyways :p

Is that why you have the Periodic Be in your signature now as something to buy? Got a set of those on loan at the moment to write up a review - very nice skidding IEMs, revised of the LyraII with a cheaper build quality (nothing wrong with it, though) and a more V shaped sound. Impressive for the price, though.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #1,833 of 36,233
Bummer @JaeYoon what if it would have been the CA? Don't want to buy expensive earphones without detachable cables, but there sure is an added possibility of loss. Not a problem with headphones using headbands. Now we need to figure out a fix!
Impossible. They are held together extremely well. I'm talking they click when you plug them in with MMCX. You have to pull extremely hard to rip it out of Jupiters

Only way it would fall out, is someone trying to murder me on street. Or even robbing me, would take my cooperation cause that plug won't pull out easily lol

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #1,834 of 36,233
Is that why you have the Periodic Be in your signature now as something to buy? Got a set of those on loan at the moment to write up a review - very nice skidding IEMs, revised of the LyraII with a cheaper build quality (nothing wrong with it, though) and a more V shaped sound. Impressive for the price, though.
yeah, I'm thinking for either as a IEM as a side pistol for Athena/Andromeda.

Plus it's only $300. :thinking: Vyrus 1 was that expendable IEM I could use at gym and running.
I need another iem in future for that purpose.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #1,835 of 36,233
They would be good for that. If you are looking at gym/running 'phones, in a similar price bracket, you should check out the Ibasso IT03 as well, if the tubing and shape works for you. Very highly regarded on here with plenty of reviews (I owned a pair for a while), and the pseudo-custom fit "locks" the shell in tight to your ear do works really well for exercise.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #1,836 of 36,233
They would be good for that. If you are looking at gym/running 'phones, in a similar price bracket, you should check out the Ibasso IT03 as well, if the tubing and shape works for you. Very highly regarded on here with plenty of reviews (I owned a pair for a while), and the pseudo-custom fit "locks" the shell in tight to your ear do works really well for exercise.
whoa, will definitely bookmark that one then!

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #1,837 of 36,233
:sweat_smile: :thermometer_face:
I still have until Monday to push buy button to pick one of them for shipping to begin. It's such a hard choice.
Screenshot_203.png
Screenshot_204.png

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #1,838 of 36,233
@JustBobski : If you are looking for a 300 £-ish DAP with android interface, the Opus #1 is back on Massdrop (follow the link).
There are a couple of members here who love it and would be more litterate than me on its qualities.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #1,839 of 36,233
@JustBobski : If you are looking for a 300 £-ish DAP with android interface, the Opus #1 is back on Massdrop (follow the link).
There are a couple of members here who love it and would be more litterate than me on its qualities.
Whoa! For those of you who want Opus #1 metal! go for it!
You will save approx $60 instead of on Musictek website for $499.99
$440 is not bad!

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,841 of 36,233
Might get that and sell off my x5...
I would recommend you to do that.

UI performance of Opus #1 is something you will call out other manufacturers for not being able to compete. Miko07 is a good witness to sluggish X5 performance wait 5 seconds for pause and resuming a song.

Not on Opus #1. You are paying for amazingly tuned sound that is very close to DAPs around $1000 range with double sd storage.

If anyone wants to question CS4398 DAC, even though it's old. It can be done and Questyle made it work fantastically. So can Thebit and they hit a grand slam with their implementation

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #1,843 of 36,233
Well....I wouldn't say you gambled :p. Their previous R2 series was pretty damn good. I figured the FlarePros were gonna be good, but it just didn't have the right ergonomics for me.

When I bought (and still) there wasn't much info or opinion out there and I'm a popular opinion buyer generally lol....also when I very first looked I was a bit sceptical about the mmcx connection/dongle bit so for me it was a bit of a stab in the dark.
But as i said im realy happy with them.

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #1,845 of 36,233
That's what happened to my Vyrus V1 LOL.

I came home and noticed my right cable was really light and would jump around. Noticed the earpiece must've disconnected when I wrapped it around my neck to talk to other people.

I can now declare this IEM dead. :c there's no way I want to bother asking trinity for help.
who the heck would want to ship one part of IEM anyways :p
I had an issue with my Master in June sent it back, just the IEM section and then got jerked around by Jake and then Kieran and finally asked Daniel to send me the IcarusIII for replacement because they had them in stock and he was kind enough to do that. Long story short, received the Icarus III today with purple filter installed did some tip rolling noticed the left side filter kept having to re screw. Changed filters and not one filter fits on the left side, they just push right in and do not thread because the housing is two big. Right side is fine. I requested that they send me the replacement IEM section immediately and I would be willing to send the IEM only to Alabama or please send return shipping. Hopefully it won't be an ordeal that goes on an on. Also sent a video to Kieran. My Vyrus from day one never had a secure connection with either cable and then from trying to secure the cable tightly on the virus it split in half. Super glued it back together seems fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back