The Audio Lounge
Aug 20, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,861 of 36,383
I guarantee. Look at Onkyo dp x1 thread and there are thousands of pages of people asking same questions and talking about SRC affecting their lossless files, are dual dacs even being used in android!?

Most of them probably cant even sleep and even though onkyo says theres no guarantee the dacs are being used in 3rd party apps lol.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,862 of 36,383
I still like Opus restricted os better than regular android. As the point Im buying a music player is for music.

Opus 1 trimmed down android is that performance is solid. You arent waiting 5 seconds for your music to resume playing after pausing compared to some android players like x5.
Thebit put heavy effort to customize Android and for sure write bypass drivers for their music players to bypass SRC.

Then the questions people ask are always "does android perform SRC on my lossless files?" "do android 3rd party apps even use DACs?"

I think AP200 is great device. But Id rather let my phone do what it is best at. Running latest apps on latest Android OS.

See, that is why I went with the AP200, because it has unrestricted android should I decide to use it, but it also has a pure music mode that when selected, turns off all the other apps and only runs Hiby. Should be the best of both worlds, hopefully, lol. It's all speculation until I get my hands on it.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #1,863 of 36,383
See, that is why I went with the AP200, because it has unrestricted android should I decide to use it, but it also has a pure music mode that when selected, turns off all the other apps and only runs Hiby. Should be the best of both worlds, hopefully, lol. It's all speculation until I get my hands on it.
Well I guess so if you only have one device.

You guys are different. Because other people on headfi would go nuts and start wondering if Neutron or poweramp is even using the audio hardware and not cpu codec or the stock board audio.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #1,864 of 36,383

You guys are different. Because other people on headfi would go nuts and start wondering if Neutron or poweramp is even using the audio hardware and not cpu codec or the stock board audio.

Yeah, I'd be curious if Neutron uses the dual DAC in the AP200, but I'm not going to go crazy, lol. I know Hiby is guaranteed to use it per Hidizs, so I'm good. I'm too old to get bent out of shape over small things. :sunglasses:

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,865 of 36,383
Yeah, I'd be curious if Neutron uses the dual DAC in the AP200, but I'm not going to go crazy, lol. I know Hiby is guaranteed to use it per Hidizs, so I'm good. I'm too old to get bent out of shape over small things. :sunglasses:
Yeah I was reading onkyo thread other day. People were posting tidal and spotify sounded great! Then they got angry and posted why doesnt onkyo make sure the sabre hardware is utilized in those apps!?

Like you said, if it sounds good does it really become worth the stress to lose sleep whether the dacs are being used?
:thinking:

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,866 of 36,383
I guarantee. Look at Onkyo dp x1 thread and there are thousands of pages of people asking same questions and talking about SRC affecting their lossless files, are dual dacs even being used in android!?

Most of them probably cant even sleep and even though onkyo says theres no guarantee the dacs are being used in 3rd party apps lol.

I have heard/read this too ....this may be unrelated but when I tried using fiio x7 as transport for mojo i couldn't get pure music mode to play from usb any 24bit files as In mojo lights up different colours, it would stay red 16 bit...as soon as I downloaded hiby to it ....no problem green 24bit.

Edit....Could have been something I was doing wrong though.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,867 of 36,383
I have heard/read this too ....this may be unrelated but when I tried using fiio x7 as transport for mojo i couldn't get pure music mode to play from usb any 24bit files as In mojo lights up different colours, it would stay red 16 bit...as soon as I downloaded hiby to it ....no problem green 24bit.

Edit....Could have been something I was doing wrong though.
Downsampled :p

Hiby on cayin i5 bypasses src.

If hiby did same on x7 and mojo. i can possibly confirm they are masters at writing drivers for android.

Hiby for sure can do same for ap200

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #1,868 of 36,383
Downsampled :p

Hiby on cayin i5 bypasses src.

If hiby did same on x7 and mojo. i can possibly confirm they are masters at writing drivers for android.

Hiby for sure can do same for ap200

Opus1 optical out to mojo...green 24bit every time

Edit ...That's one thing I do like about the mojo...it tells you if your getting the right sample had similar experiences with different software on pc with mojo

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #1,870 of 36,383

Yeah, I didn't actually put too much thought into that. I was having similar issues with my phone as well. There HiFi mode was not enabled for all the apps it was enabled only for few apps.
The only reason why I decided to buy a new dap was that my phone's earphone jack had issues and now only one side works.
Otherwise there are no issues with my phone.
I am in fact fine even if apps ap200 use dacs as long as it does in the pure music mode.
But now as you have put this question in my mind, I guess I will ask this to hidizs guys on ap200 thread or on Kickstarter.:alien:

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,871 of 36,383
I would really like to know the difference between the two.
I was watching this one on massdrop but couldn't find any reviews or write ups on differences between the two. Really wondering if it's really worth the 140$ extra.
So if you can provide some impression that would be great.
@Hawaiibadboy has a video up on youtube and he was pretty happy with it. A google search of opus 1 metal reviews will bring it though it dosen't directly compare the two.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #1,872 of 36,383
Does it really matter if the audio is being downsampled though if you can't actually hear a difference? I often am amazed that people get so hung up on these little things (oh no my lights don't correlate on the Mojo) when I'd be willing to bet in a blind volume matched test they wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. Amazing what we stress over. I'd prefer to simply listen to the music :)

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #1,873 of 36,383
Does it really matter if the audio is being downsampled though if you can't actually hear a difference? I often am amazed that people get so hung up on these little things (oh no my lights don't correlate on the Mojo) when I'd be willing to bet in a blind volume matched test they wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. Amazing what we stress over. I'd prefer to simply listen to the music :)
you would be surprised the amount of people who can't sleep on headfi :p lol

But you could be very quite right. The brain is a powerful thing indeed

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,874 of 36,383
My iPod Touch 5g doesn't have blinking marble lights :p. But it does play music and enjoyably so. I try to get lossless versions of music when I can, but I don't freak out or refuse to get the music if it's a nice .mp3 file either. And even then, I'm pretty sure most of my lossless music is 16-bit, 44.1Hz, apparently like an absolute pleb in the audiophile community. It's all numbers I'm not willing to care about because it's a waste of my enjoyment time. If I'm paying that much attention, I'm clearly not in it to enjoy my music anymore.

You ever have those times when you're doing a review for an IEM, but you completely lose track your thoughts or what you were trying to put into words because you just ended up enjoying yourself and listening to the music? THAT is what I feel is the most telling thing about the ability of any IEM. If your intent was to listen closely to figure out how to describe the sound reproduction qualities, but end up stepping away from that without realizing it, then the IEM fulfills its ultimate duty of just making you really enjoy your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back