The Audio Lounge
Aug 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #1,877 of 36,383
Does it really matter if the audio is being downsampled though if you can't actually hear a difference? I often am amazed that people get so hung up on these little things (oh no my lights don't correlate on the Mojo) when I'd be willing to bet in a blind volume matched test they wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. Amazing what we stress over. I'd prefer to simply listen to the music :)

My iPod Touch 5g doesn't have blinking marble lights :p. But it does play music and enjoyably so. I try to get lossless versions of music when I can, but I don't freak out or refuse to get the music if it's a nice .mp3 file either. And even then, I'm pretty sure most of my lossless music is 16-bit, 44.1Hz, apparently like an absolute pleb in the audiophile community. It's all numbers I'm not willing to care about because it's a waste of my enjoyment time. If I'm paying that much attention, I'm clearly not in it to enjoy my music anymore.

You ever have those times when you're doing a review for an IEM, but you completely lose track your thoughts or what you were trying to put into words because you just ended up enjoying yourself and listening to the music? THAT is what I feel is the most telling thing about the ability of any IEM. If your intent was to listen closely to figure out how to describe the sound reproduction qualities, but end up stepping away from that without realizing it, then the IEM fulfills its ultimate duty of just making you really enjoy your music.

Most of my music is 16 bit flac rips and some sound better than the supposed higher res I own, I enjoy them equally as much....my observations were more about setting up the mojo with pc and transport and getting it to play as intended.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,878 of 36,383
Most of my music is 16 bit flac rips and some sound better than the supposed higher res I own, I enjoy them equally as much....my observations were more about setting up the mojo with pc and transport and getting it to play as intended.
Impressive! 16bit flacs you had must've been well mastered and had more care in it's preparation and mastering.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #1,880 of 36,383
Impressive! 16bit flacs you had must've been well mastered and had more care in it's preparation and mastering.

Sorry i meant most are cd flac rips ....my point is that I agree that just because something is glowing green doesn't mean it sounds better but if i buy something , software, hardware that is intended to do something then well I would like it to do it.

Edit...and if it's not doing it then why are we buying it.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,882 of 36,383
If we just focus on sound, which one would be better: Opus#1 or AP200 ?
Maybe @Hawaiibadboy can step in to provide some additional impressions.
I am totally torn between the great price on Massdrop for the the Opus#1 vs the pre-order deal on IGG for the AP200. :confused:
I had Shanling M5 for a while and thought it was great. I then moved on to Opus 1 for 2 sd and 32 gig access with balanced out and couldn't be happier so seeing the Metal version for $439 with case, seems like a great deal. 2 sd slots and balanced are essential for me along with very good customer service in the form of updates when necessary

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,884 of 36,383
You can't go wrong with either! I guess it comes down to what are you after, sound wise. :) But the 8.2 according to reviews sounds superior.
My HPs so far are HD650 T50mk3 and for IEMs I have Audeze iSine10 SE535LTD and SE215.
So I my sound preference is more on the darker side. As for source I am going to get myself an LG V30(+) as it is going to have ESS DACs (I hope so atleast) which would fit my equip then.
As for my first ciem I would like to get something neutral, non analytical with a tiny tiny bit more bass maybe.

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #1,885 of 36,383
My HPs so far are HD650 T50mk3 and for IEMs I have Audeze iSine10 SE535LTD and SE215.
So I my sound preference is more on the darker side. As for source I am going to get myself an LG V30(+) as it is going to have ESS DACs (I hope so atleast) which would fit my equip then.
As for my first ciem I would like to get something neutral, non analytical with a tiny tiny bit more bass maybe.
O: I have a V20 back from months ago.

They making a v30 already!? That's fast going to see info on it now

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,888 of 36,383

Probably better off with the 8.2 tbh. Heard too many good things about it too pass it on...

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,889 of 36,383
https://penonaudio.com/LZ-Big-Dipper-7BA-IEM

LZ-Big Dipper looks really good. 3 switches it's like $860
Yup, mentioned this a while back. I don't think I've seen it for sale anywhere other than on Penon Audio. @Brooko has a review out for it and I believe he's said it's all the IEM he needs. Looks both interesting and ergonomic. Pretty damn good looking IEM if you ask me.

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #1,890 of 36,383
Yup, mentioned this a while back. I don't think I've seen it for sale anywhere other than on Penon Audio. @Brooko has a review out for it and I believe he's said it's all the IEM he needs. Looks both interesting and ergonomic. Pretty damn good looking IEM if you ask me.
I read up even frequency response graph looks like big dipper itself lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back