The Audio Lounge
Aug 19, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,818 of 36,163
any other impressions on the cosmic ears ce6p/b ?? i am pretty interested in those as they are based in eu

I have to ask my friend as he just got endorsed by them, he owns the CE6B. Will update you when he replies me. (He's not on Head-fi)

Aug 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #1,819 of 36,163
any other impressions on the cosmic ears ce6p/b ?? i am pretty interested in those as they are based in eu

Alright mate, friend just got back to me about his brief impressions. This is coming from him as a musician first then audiophile second.

"It's great man. It's clear and you can hear a lot of details. Works great in the studio as a session player and works great live. Not for studio mixing tho, too much low mids bump."

"Well I feel like overall it's rolled off on the high end, still brittle and chimey but it's not like lacking in character, not sibilant in anyway. Mids is overall full and warm. The tonality of the earphones is slightly darker as compared to ACS, just a little darker than being too bright for my taste. Its bright enough to hear all the high end and get a kick out of it, I feel like 2 notches up and it would be too much, 1 notch is optional."

My take on it it's pretty much balanced if you go for the P variant and you get an extra mid-bass bump on the B variant. Hope this helps.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,820 of 36,163
Alright mate, friend just got back to me about his brief impressions. This is coming from him as a musician first then audiophile second.

"It's great man. It's clear and you can hear a lot of details. Works great in the studio as a session player and works great live. Not for studio mixing tho, too much low mids bump."

"Well I feel like overall it's rolled off on the high end, still brittle and chimey but it's not like lacking in character, not sibilant in anyway. Mids is overall full and warm. The tonality of the earphones is slightly darker as compared to ACS, just a little darker than being too bright for my taste. Its bright enough to hear all the high end and get a kick out of it, I feel like 2 notches up and it would be too much, 1 notch is optional."

My take on it it's pretty much balanced if you go for the P variant and you get an extra mid-bass bump on the B variant. Hope this helps.

thank you very much :D cant decide wether to go for a 8.2 used or ce6p/b

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,821 of 36,163
I have just had a splurge....after our conversations about retro sony walkmans I remembered reading somewhere about retro orthos/ planars and some sounding pretty good..... so i did a bit of looking and reading and I bought a pair of audiotechnica ath2s from the 70s.

s-l400.jpg
....also i have bid £17 on some Yamaha hp3 orthos .....now i have took a bit of a gamble but did do a little research on both models and I'm hoping they are pretty good...if not hey not lost much.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #1,822 of 36,163
I have just had a splurge....after our conversations about retro sony walkmans I remembered reading somewhere about retro orthos/ planars and some sounding pretty good..... so i did a bit of looking and reading and I bought a pair of audiotechnica ath2s from the 70s.

....also i have bid £17 on some Yamaha hp3 orthos .....now i have took a bit of a gamble but did do a little research on both models and I'm hoping they are pretty good...if not hey not lost much.
Good for you. Have a very old pair of Yamaha orthos somewhere. Bought them new. Had to be late 70's early 80's. Think the headband is busted. Will have to search for them. Perhaps I could fix them. @JaeYoon is probably shaking her head again. So many old things. Reached a stage where the magic flower pot isn't employed as often. I have magic closets!

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,823 of 36,163
Good for you. Have a very old pair of Yamaha orthos somewhere. Bought them new. Had to be late 70's early 80's. Think the headband is busted. Will have to search for them. Perhaps I could fix them. @JaeYoon is probably shaking her head again. So many old things. Reached a stage where the magic flower pot isn't employed as often. I have magic closets!

I have always been that way and i did a little reading on old planars and some are supposed to be truly good...apparently the drivers in the fostex haven't changed much at all. The audiotechnica I have bought have a bit of a write up on headphonics and are on a modd thread on here.
Sometimes I think you got to break the mould have a gamble, I did that with the flarespro , not much on them and a bit different with the mmcx connections and dongle but couldn't be more pleased with them.
And anyway I have spent about £70 on both (if i win the others) so no big loss if not impressed.

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #1,825 of 36,163
thank you very much :D cant decide wether to go for a 8.2 used or ce6p/b

You can't go wrong with either! I guess it comes down to what are you after, sound wise. :) But the 8.2 according to reviews sounds superior.

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #1,826 of 36,163
... forgetting them conveniently in the clothes while putting them in the washing machine would be more thorough alternative...

Speaking of the devil... back from the evening's (night's) walk downtown; and on my way out, trying to bypass two girls ahead of me, on the narrow pavement, I get over the small pool of water on the street, and down into it (it was shallow) goes my Master IEM, both shells...
After a major scare, I dried them off quickly, started playing of the old Iriver IFP player and - nothing wrong... Iriver clip released the grip of Trinitys cable and down they went without me noticing until it was too late, but... phuhhh, they work with no problems whatsoever, did run them for couple of hours...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #1,828 of 36,163
Speaking of the devil... back from the evening's (night's) walk downtown; and on my way out, trying to bypass two girls ahead of me, on the narrow pavement, I get over the small pool of water on the street, and down into it (it was shallow) goes my Master IEM, both shells...
After a major scare, I dried them off quickly, started playing of the old Iriver IFP player and - nothing wrong... Iriver clip released the grip of Trinitys cable and down they went without me noticing until it was too late, but... phuhhh, they work with no problems whatsoever, did run them for couple of hours...
Oh no! You were lucky. I have heard this happen to other IEM owners. Get home and find an earpiece unhooked from the cable and flopping around in a pocket, or worse.

If I were building expensive iems, there would be a place on the earpiece and on the end of the cable to hook a "safety chain". Expensive jewelry has it on the clasp. All trailer hitches all have it. Why not IEMs? Wouldn't be that hard to have a tiny bungee or something.

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #1,829 of 36,163
Oh no! You were lucky. I have heard this happen to other IEM owners. Get home and find an earpiece unhooked from the cable and flopping around in a pocket, or worse.

If I were building expensive iems, there would be a place on the earpiece and on the end of the cable to hook a "safety chain". Expensive jewelry has it on the clasp. All trailer hitches all have it. Why not IEMs? Wouldn't be that hard to have a tiny bungee or something.
That's what happened to my Vyrus V1 LOL.

I came home and noticed my right cable was really light and would jump around. Noticed the earpiece must've disconnected when I wrapped it around my neck to talk to other people.

I can now declare this IEM dead. :c there's no way I want to bother asking trinity for help.
who the heck would want to ship one part of IEM anyways :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back