The Audio Lounge
Aug 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #1,801 of 36,195
Opus 3 is better deal for money. Burr brown implementation.

@miko7 didnt get to unfortunately. Used folder view

I agree and it's getting some good attention...one memory card slot though :confused:

Will be a few months off for me though...happy with oppy1 and building desktop , valhalla2, plus headphones etc

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,803 of 36,195
dang, I had to buy my own car and insurance the moment I turned 17 lol! I didn't even get it until since I had to work and then buy one :p
I didn't have my own car until I turned 25, I have been using my legs since I was 1 :wink:
When I lived in the US, I remember people looking funny at me when I walked the 2-3 miles from my College to downtown :-D

I'm lucky , I don't have kids and my girlfriend doesn't get it at all, she's quite happy with her phone buds :fearful: but she doesn't do bad she usually gets my cast offs.
So your girlfriend is happy with earbuds? Try this: my wife is happy with her iPads "loudspeakers" she says...

I'm happy my girlfriend's tone deaf, saves me a few quid/dollars.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
To her defense, my wife's deaf from her left ear, and has about 35% left on her right ear.
Who said this is the secret to a happy marriage?

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #1,804 of 36,195
I didn't have my own car until I turned 25, I have been using my legs since I was 1 :wink:
When I lived in the US, I remember people looking funny at me when I walked the 2-3 miles from my College to downtown :-D

So your girlfriend is happy with earbuds? Try this: my wife is happy with her iPads "loudspeakers" she says...

To her defense, my wife's deaf from her left ear, and has about 35% left on her right ear.
Who said this is the secret to a happy marriage?

If I mention anything about headphones I get "the stare" and the answer "great" .
It's like quantum physics to her .
But she did comment on the trinity master...they were "good" And in her words "not shouty" think she means no sibilance ... is shouty a technical term?

Aug 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #1,805 of 36,195
Cheers il have a read up and il keep a look out on possible distribution as I know it's very limited at the moment.....for what they are offering for the price though definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Someone just started an impressions thread for the Pro-Ject Pre Box D2 Digital: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pro-ject-pre-box-s2-digital-impression-thread.858188/

[ cc @barondla and anyone else interested in this new desktop/portable DAC / headphone amp / preamp. ]

Aug 19, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #1,810 of 36,195
That was pretty cool. What was the instrument she was playing? Nice rendition of Toto. Thanks for that

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #1,813 of 36,195
As we got to the topic of Finnish music. Kantele is quite rarely played in modern time. Accordion /Harmonika is of course a typical folk music instrument around the world and used to be widely played in Finland. I think the culture is slowly dying despite some good players appearing time to time.
Here is one of the modernists Kimmo Pohjonen doing his thing:

As pop and rock music goes here is quite recent and sad recording by two of the better known Finnish rock singers. Andy McCoy, from long gone Hanoi Rocks, and Ville Valo from soon gone HIM.

The song is particularly sad for Finns as the words and video present quite well some of the still typical problems in Finland. The song must be quite personal to McCoy and and Valo as they both had several partially lost fights with alcohol and drugs (McCoy) (as you can in particular see and hear from McCoys face and voice).

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,814 of 36,195

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back