The Audio Lounge
Jun 18, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #17,671 of 36,155
^ Are you suggesting that Majo and Jerick should have held on to their Ibasso DAP's a bit longer in order to try out the new Amp 9 module? :ksc75smile:

Only joking, I am confident that any early review samples will find their way into reliable reviewers hands who will not rock the boat and derail the never ending hype train!

Personally, I will wait until they release Amp 13 and buy it on Friday the 13th. :smile_phones:

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #17,672 of 36,155
Good choice. I think you said you prefer a warmer signature which apparently the N6ii has. When you get it have a play with the filter settings, I can actually detect a difference between these, some are warmer, some are brighter.

Enjoy it. I'm guessing that you won't be around here much as there wont be anything to upgrade or buy afterwards.

PS. Just kidding. :)

Well I usually go for more neutral but if a warm sig is done right it's better in my opinion, I love the mojo for this. slightly warm but still excellent detail retrieval and layering.
Actually the Cayin would sort of be an end game for me although not totally out, it apeals for quite a few reasons but one of the reasons is the changeable whole motherboard which hopefully future proofs it a little, also my budget doesn't go much higher but again does it need too?
I will still be around a bit lol but probably not as much :imp:... I still am going to get some custom made iems for my midget ears and not keep buying on the off chance I like the sig or fit is suitable, go to can jam have a listen and decide then get them made to suit, once in this position with the Cayin well your right for me not much more to do as I don't rotate or keep a lot.
How warm would you say this is compared to mojo?
And also @jerick70 and yourself how you finding it compared to previous dap? Detail, resolution, layering etc etc.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #17,673 of 36,155
Good choice. I think you said you prefer a warmer signature which apparently the N6ii has. When you get it have a play with the filter settings, I can actually detect a difference between these, some are warmer, some are brighter.

Enjoy it. I'm guessing that you won't be around here much as there wont be anything to upgrade or buy afterwards.

PS. Just kidding. :)

Also reports are starting to come in on iBasso's Amp 9. Comments are very favourable so far. I'm still very happy with what I've got though.

^ Are you suggesting that Majo and Jerick should have held on to their Ibasso DAP's a bit longer in order to try out the new Amp 9 module? :ksc75smile:

Only joking, I am confident that any early review samples will find their way into reliable reviewers hands who will not rock the boat and derail the never ending hype train!

Personally, I will wait until they release Amp 13 and buy it on Friday the 13th. :smile_phones:
Lol the train runs deep.... I did debate a while on this but the Cayin was calling from afar lol

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #17,674 of 36,155
Lol the train runs deep.... I did debate a while on this but the Cayin was calling from afar lol

If it's similarly tuned to the A&K1000m I can say that it's slightly warm which fits your boat.

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #17,675 of 36,155
I find the N6ii to be quite neutral actually, certainly not as warm as the Mojo.

I've been listening to the N6ii with IT01s today, it sounds good to me. I've been experimenting with insertion depth in the IT01s too and that does make a lot of difference regarding overall sound signature, probably a lot more than the different DAP signatures make, IMHO of course.

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #17,676 of 36,155
Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd, Jazz Samba (1962), reissued on CD in 1997 -

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #17,678 of 36,155
Saw in the Deals thread that Hiby has a sale on right now, The R3 Red for $159, the R3 Red w/ Seeds IEMs for $199, and the R6 Silver (not pro) for $499. I love my R3, wish I had snagged a Red one though.

h1.jpeg

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #17,679 of 36,155
I like the red R3 too. I got mine too fast not knowing they were to release different colors...

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #17,681 of 36,155
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #17,682 of 36,155
Doesn't this imply they're about to release one or more new models?
I'm not knowledgeable about the Hiby DAP's (although I've heard many good things about them) so I don't know if they've already announced something?

I haven't heard about anything new since the R6 Pro, but you could be right, there may be something in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back