The Audio Lounge
Jun 17, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #17,642 of 36,234
Yep the WM1A keeps calling my name but so far I have resisted , that is until I see a mint used one on sale and am not too late. I still need to purge a few more things first though. Good thing is I have developed a decent amount of financial self control thru all this.
I feel you bro. I've been dying for the WM1Z and have been trying to trade for one for months.

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #17,645 of 36,234
Which DAP are you looking at now? (Just curious). I ordered an open box M11 from AMP3 the other day through their eBay listings, so managed to take advantage of the site wide 10% off that eBay UK did for 24 hours to get it at a pretty decent discount. Hoping it will replace my N5iiS as my daily driver, and give me a 4.4mm source to use while I potentially seem the Cayin and DX200/8 combo to pick up an N6ii.

That is, unless something else shiny distracts me first... :wink:

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #17,646 of 36,234
Which DAP are you looking at now? (Just curious). I ordered an open box M11 from AMP3 the other day through their eBay listings, so managed to take advantage of the site wide 10% off that eBay UK did for 24 hours to get it at a pretty decent discount. Hoping it will replace my N5iiS as my daily driver, and give me a 4.4mm source to use while I potentially seem the Cayin and DX200/8 combo to pick up an N6ii.

to be honest I'm probably going to buy the N6ii tomorrow but someone has just offered me a Hiby R6 Pro for a great price grrrrrrrrr don't know what to do.

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #17,647 of 36,234
I am officially dapless... well apart from the little shanling mo, m11 went back and 200 sold today, now I'm looking for my next venture, and yes N6ii is in the frame and at the top.

I couldn't even imagine that kind of condition. I might as well be without shoes or pants. Damn, hope you get that looked after and fast...lol

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #17,649 of 36,234
In all seriousness, the R6 Pro is a very nice piece. If it is anything above the R3, it would fantastic. But...the N6ii sounds like a winner as well. I would like to be in your shoes...

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #17,650 of 36,234

they both are killer in my eyes... I'm a bit worried that I sold the 200 and amp8 because i actually think it's an amazing combo but I want something with the M11 functionality and battery which 200 is far behind, the M11 is killer too a little behind amp8 audio but its the dap I would rec as a whole.

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #17,651 of 36,234
Lol I'm thinking... Thing is I just been offered a nice deal on a nice dap mmmmmmm decisions

to be honest I'm probably going to buy the N6ii tomorrow but someone has just offered me a Hiby R6 Pro for a great price grrrrrrrrr don't know what to do.

The R6 Pro is supposed to be very nice - it seems to be compared more to the DX200/Amp8 than anything else, so may be similar rather than better than end you just sold (not heard it, so please don't take that as godown though - just thinking out loud). Any comparisons with the N6ii yet?

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #17,652 of 36,234
The R6 Pro is supposed to be very nice - it seems to be compared more to the DX200/Amp8 than anything else, so may be similar rather than better than end you just sold (not heard it, so please don't take that as godown though - just thinking out loud). Any comparisons with the N6ii yet?

One snippet on twisters preview... Basically saying they have a similar sig... As I said im torn.

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #17,655 of 36,234
I've read that the R6 Pros noise floor isn't the best. I guess a lot of static and waterfall type noise and EMI interference when Bluetooth and WiFi are used. I've never heard one so I could be wrong. You know how the internet is..... Anyway, that turned me off when I read it and I looked elsewhere. I can't stand noise like that in my expensive audio equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back