The Audio Lounge
Jun 17, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #17,656 of 36,242
WM1Z is what I really want and hope I can convince my cheap azz self that if I wait and sell all my extra stuff I could spend the extra $700. Unfortunately I don't even win arguments with myself anymore.
LOL... Just buy it man. I used to be the same when I started this gig. But then I heard the good stuff, the stuff I liked, and I said to myself what the heck am I doing not getting this awesome stuff, I'm just wasting my money because I'm not accomplishing my goal to hear the music the way I want to. I look back at before and after and I was always dissatisfied before I had what I really wanted in audio gear.... It's kind of like settling for the ok chick to marry when you really wanted the hot cheerleader blonde babe..... Regrets are terrible masters. Although, I do have limits still, like I won't spend $8,500 on Sony's new monstrous sized DAP or $4500 on medieval torture devices....

Jun 18, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #17,660 of 36,242
I've read that the R6 Pros noise floor isn't the best. I guess a lot of static and waterfall type noise and EMI interference when Bluetooth and WiFi are used. I've never heard one so I could be wrong. You know how the internet is..... Anyway, that turned me off when I read it and I looked elsewhere. I can't stand noise like that in my expensive audio equipment.

From what I read the noise is on sensitive headphones and the interference is not on all units but yes both are a concern, I asked about this and he reckons his unit is solid and also I have had a little Convo with the guy previously, Seems like a straight shooter across the board.. The price though is stellar and sooo cheap I'm tempted but N6ii is still calling me

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #17,661 of 36,242
From what I read the noise is on sensitive headphones and the interference is not on all units but yes both are a concern, I asked about this and he reckons his unit is solid and also I have had a little Convo with the guy previously, Seems like a straight shooter across the board.. The price though is stellar and sooo cheap I'm tempted but N6ii is still calling me
This is the review I read. Usually manufacturers send out the best handpicked units to professional reviewers like this. If you can get it for a good price I would go for it though because this reviewer still gives it good marks.

I just can't deal with noise in my audio gear. That's why I passed. I sold off a Burson Conductor V2 and some other gear for this same reason.

https://headfonics.com/2019/02/hiby-r6-pro-review/

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #17,662 of 36,242
This is the review I read. Usually manufacturers send out the best handpicked units to professional reviewers like this. If you can get it for a good price I would go for it though because this reviewer still gives it good marks.

I just can't deal with with noise in my audio gear. That's why I passed. I sold off a Burson Conductor V2 and some other gear for this same reason.

https://headfonics.com/2019/02/hiby-r6-pro-review/

Don't worry I have read everything! Lol and was on the thread in the beginning.. The interference was on early units and considered a fault the noise well that's a different story this depends on your iems... As I said torn its a fantastic price and the guy is I think solid but I'm tempted to stick with my guns and order the N6ii today

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #17,663 of 36,242
Don't worry I have read everything! Lol and was on the thread in the beginning.. The interference was on early units and considered a fault the noise well that's a different story this depends on your iems... As I said torn its a fantastic price and the guy is I think solid but I'm tempted to stick with my guns and order the N6ii today
@majo123 " this is no time to go wobbly " Margaret Thatcher. Stick to your plan and get the N6ii.

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #17,665 of 36,242
Morning peeps, I’m also in the dapless boat with @majo123 mind you I still have a DX50/90 but have sold my Ti and lots of other stuff including my Trinity awful door stop lol in fact I’ve done more than well and will be able to not only put some money into my Blade rebuild but also get a new dap. But may make one or two more sales, my DX90 and Ibasso SR1 Headphones. Not sure yet and will have to have another few listens with them and the WA2 before I make up my mind. They are fantastic but I rarely use them lately so they may become a victim to Majo’s circle of life philosophy lol
Big shout out to the Master of sales with his Circle of Life policy for giving advice during my sales campaign :beerchug:
If any of you are struggling to sell any gears, seek out the Masters advice and he’ll have your cupboards bare and your pockets full in no time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So, @boblauer your not alone in eying up that shiny block of gold with a ten year battery life:stuck_out_tongue:

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #17,666 of 36,242
Morning peeps, I’m also in the dapless boat with @majo123 mind you I still have a DX50/90 but have sold my Ti and lots of other stuff including my Trinity awful door stop lol in fact I’ve done more than well and will be able to not only put some money into my Blade rebuild but also get a new dap. But may make one or two more sales, my DX90 and Ibasso SR1 Headphones. Not sure yet and will have to have another few listens with them and the WA2 before I make up my mind. They are fantastic but I rarely use them lately so they may become a victim to Majo’s circle of life philosophy lol
Big shout out to the Master of sales with his Circle of Life policy for giving advice during my sales campaign :beerchug:
If any of you are struggling to sell any gears, seek out the Masters advice and he’ll have your cupboards bare and your pockets full in no time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So, @boblauer your not alone in eying up that shiny block of gold with a ten year battery life:stuck_out_tongue:
your lucky you got your shirt

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #17,669 of 36,242
I'm buying n6ii decided

Good choice. I think you said you prefer a warmer signature which apparently the N6ii has. When you get it have a play with the filter settings, I can actually detect a difference between these, some are warmer, some are brighter.

Enjoy it. I'm guessing that you won't be around here much as there wont be anything to upgrade or buy afterwards.

PS. Just kidding. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back