The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #9,002 of 9,131
Guys, Just got a AK240 Gold. Now the hardest part. Which IEM or Over the ear headphone.

When it comes to in ear, I would always prefer Custom InEars over universal fit. It makes such a difference in my opinion.

I use "Ultimate Ears Reverence Remastered" which are incredible neutral but deeply involving piece of headphones.

If you prefer Over Ear, I can suggest German Brand "Ultrasone Signature Pro" perfect fit paired with also very very detailed Soundstage and overall composition. A perfect way to drown in music.

Both run extremely well with the AK240 and make a lot of fun, even when I sell my AK240 cause I changed recently to Ibasso DX160 (only for technical reason, as the AK240 doesn't read my 1tb card properly) , I can suggest those cans for 240 users.

By the way, if someone interested in my AK240 please PM..

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #9,003 of 9,131
Has anyone replaced their AK240 battery recently? I'm looking for a replacement but not sure where is a good source (there don't seem to be ones on ebay any more, if they were reliable).

Yes, it would be great if the battery could be sourced locally instead of shipping to iriver who then may ship it back to South Korea.

Feb 11, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #9,004 of 9,131
I don't know about locally! I think any replacement be shipped from china originally. I found some on AliEXpress but haven't yet purchased one (it would appear I didn't complete the purchase! I thought I had ... so I will have to now wait longer ).

I think it was going to cost just £13 plus shipping. I will have to double check.. It's easy enough to take apart the AK240 - I did that ages ago but didn't look for the replacement battery until recently.

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #9,005 of 9,131

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #9,006 of 9,131
Has anyone replaced their AK240 battery recently? I'm looking for a replacement but not sure where is a good source (there don't seem to be ones on ebay any more, if they were reliable).

I replaced one recently with an AliExpress one. Worked fine.

#Aliexpress £9.54 8%OFF | New 3.7V 4100mAh Replacement Battery For iRiver Astell & Kern AK240 Player Batteries Accumulator 3-wire plug
https://a.aliexpress.com/_UeuIb

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #9,007 of 9,131
I replaced one recently with an AliExpress one. Worked fine.

#Aliexpress £9.54 8%OFF | New 3.7V 4100mAh Replacement Battery For iRiver Astell & Kern AK240 Player Batteries Accumulator 3-wire plug
https://a.aliexpress.com/_UeuIb

My 240SS will need a new battery at some point, so thank you for the link. How difficult (if at all) was replacing the original battery?

Mar 18, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #9,009 of 9,131
Hi. I’m curious if anyone has had any problems with the charging port.? The unit was working fine then it stopped charging and will not charge now. I have tried different cables and still nothing. Thank you.

Mar 18, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #9,010 of 9,131
Hi. I’m curious if anyone has had any problems with the charging port.? The unit was working fine then it stopped charging and will not charge now. I have tried different cables and still nothing. Thank you.

What’s the condition of the battery? I had a problem once using a non-stock USB cable for charging which was rectified by going back to the AK USB cable.

Mar 18, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #9,011 of 9,131
The battery is still pretty good actually. I have the docking station and it won’t charge there either as it use too. Someone told me to try hard reset but already tried factory reset and still not working.

Mar 18, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #9,012 of 9,131
The battery is still pretty good actually. I have the docking station and it won’t charge there either as it use too. Someone told me to try hard reset but already tried factory reset and still not working.

Sorry to hear. If you are in need of a new battery, iriver quoted me $60 to replace the 240 battery. Additionally, AliExpress is selling a replacement battery here.

Mar 18, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #9,013 of 9,131
Oh, try inserting the microUSB several times, there may be debris built up in the female connector.

Mar 19, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #9,015 of 9,131

Me. It was working perfectly Fine. just decided by itself to stop charging. Previously, it decided to turn off by itself. Have to send it Korea. The local dealer has no resetting tool. According to fellow enthusiasts, that's the system, send it to korea, &have it to turn it on over there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back