The Astell & Kern AK240
Apr 2, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #9,031 of 9,131
Just picked up a AK 240 Blue Note version that hasn't been used. Any issues with software updates? I've heard horror stories about the most recent SW update with the AK KANN.

The deal included the micro SD cards, stand, and books. The deal was too good to pass up. :)

i'm not sure if they're still doing updates for 240 since its an older device. I have up to date firmware and no issues.
Plus since its older i would assume they've ironed out any issues by now?

Awesome, you got the whole bundle! i thought they were all sold out.

Apr 4, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #9,033 of 9,131
i'm not sure if they're still doing updates for 240 since its an older device. I have up to date firmware and no issues.
Plus since its older i would assume they've ironed out any issues by now?

Awesome, you got the whole bundle! i thought they were all sold out.

Yes, firmware updates are all done with the 240.

Apr 4, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #9,035 of 9,131
That's fine. Just wanted to make sure none of them brick the unit like one of the updates with the KANN did.

Was happy to find spare replacement batteries for the 240. Should keep it running for some time to come.

Did you buy your batteries from AliExpress. If so, are you happy with the higher mAh (4,100)?

Apr 5, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #9,036 of 9,131
Just picked up a AK 240 Blue Note version that hasn't been used. Any issues with software updates? I've heard horror stories about the most recent SW update with the AK KANN.

The deal included the micro SD cards, stand, and books. The deal was too good to pass up. :)

If there's nothing wrong w/ ur device. Better to NOT update...

Apr 5, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #9,039 of 9,131
The device is NOS, unused. What firmware version is known to be good?

I use the last firmware update that was released with no issues. If you are using a Mac for file transfer, I would strongly recommend downloading the latest version of Android File Transfer since the earlier versions were very buggy.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #9,041 of 9,131
Bladerunner is sounding really interesting through 240ss, Xelento, silver litz. I get to explore all the different layers and dimensions of the sound.

Spacey, etherial signature works so well. Everything just sound like it has this 3 dimensional space and air around it.

But as a downside its not fleshed out, doesnt have much body. A bit lean.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #9,043 of 9,131
Finally got the 240 Blue Note package. The MQS recordings sound wonderful. Very pleased with it.

The 240 sounds excellent as well. Definitely a step up in sound quality from my old KANN. One item that is annoying: the balanced channel input is not working correctly. I'm wondering if it is a software error. Luckily, the SE input works well.

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #9,044 of 9,131
Finally got the 240 Blue Note package. The MQS recordings sound wonderful. Very pleased with it.

The 240 sounds excellent as well. Definitely a step up in sound quality from my old KANN. One item that is annoying: the balanced channel input is not working correctly. I'm wondering if it is a software error. Luckily, the SE input works well.
Intermittent sound or no sound on the balanced output?

You have to manually toggle the balanced output for AK240 from the menu in order for it to work.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #9,045 of 9,131
The right channel is out when plugged in. When plugging in the cable, sound is from the right channel, then when it's fully inserted, sound is only from the left.

Aware of the toggle. That's why I'm wondering about the software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back