The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #4,621 of 9,131

I switch on line out and balance out in the setting menu, then max out the vol. the vol control is done using the integrated amp... you can take mine to try when you have time...

Thanks for your offer Cosmic.  As I'm working/living in GZ and only making occasion visits to HK and don't want to borrow it from you for too long.  I'll figure out if I really like to try out this way rather than my current optical out to my Meitner MA1...I bet it won't beat the Meitner in performance. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #4,623 of 9,131
There is..ak240 plus hugo

I have heard the legend about the pairing of AK240 and the Chord Hugo. Are they really a match made in heaven?  I am considering getting a hugo and in the midst of some price negotiations with one of the local store as I had purchased a fair bit of equipment with them recently. Oh my oh my! Im so deeply poisoned!

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #4,624 of 9,131

I have heard the legend about the pairing of AK240 and the Chord Hugo. Are they really a match made in heaven?  I am considering getting a hugo and in the midst of some price negotiations with one of the local store as I had purchased a fair bit of equipment with them recently. Oh my oh my! Im so deeply poisoned!

Yep...this is one hobby don't see the end of new stuff.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #4,626 of 9,131

Yeah I think especially for electronics where new stuff are churned out everyday and pushed into the market.

One thing I have always thought of asking, your nick:"flymetothemoon", you used the name of a song or you simply like the name? Hope you don mind my asking :)

Hmmm...what a question.

I like this part of lyrics of the song so much and thus using this as my nick...

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a Jupiter and Mars

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #4,627 of 9,131
Hi everyone I just received my AK240 and I ran into a problem. Don't know if this is a known problem or if my unit is defective. 
My micro SD card was formatted from AK120 II and works fine with AK120 II but when I put the same micro SD card into the AK240, the AK240 says its scanning media but never stops. after a good 30 minutes, it still says scanning media and I cannot access any of my music in the micro SD card. 
Also while it says scanning media and leave the unit for 30 minutes untouched or idle(the standard shut off time while in idle) the unit just shuts off and doesn't respond. If I press the power button there is no response. The only way to bring back the unit is to do the 12 second long press with the power button. Only then the unit turns back on. 

I was wondering if this was my unit that was defective or if it was a known problem with a fix or will have a fix coming. 

Thanks guys~

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #4,628 of 9,131
  Hi everyone I just received my AK240 and I ran into a problem. Don't know if this is a known problem or if my unit is defective. 
My micro SD card was formatted from AK120 II and works fine with AK120 II but when I put the same micro SD card into the AK240, the AK240 says its scanning media but never stops. after a good 30 minutes, it still says scanning media and I cannot access any of my music in the micro SD card. 
Also while it says scanning media and leave the unit for 30 minutes untouched or idle(the standard shut off time while in idle) the unit just shuts off and doesn't respond. If I press the power button there is no response. The only way to bring back the unit is to do the 12 second long press with the power button. Only then the unit turns back on. 

I was wondering if this was my unit that was defective or if it was a known problem with a fix or will have a fix coming. 

Thanks guys~

You may try to put another micro SD that works for other machine to see if this problem recurs.  Remember to "eject" your SD card from the pull down menu to ensure safe ejection.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #4,631 of 9,131
  PEF11-AK-BALANCED-CABLE for 750 bucks.....

And for $750 the metal block doesn't really seem to match the AK240 gun metal........ 

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #4,632 of 9,131
I tired using a different micro SD card and the player seems to work fine but when I connect to the computer seems like the computer freezes... 
Does not recognize the AK240 and just freezes. Restarted the comp and same thing happens.
I am just going to assume this is defective and RMA this. 

Thanks for your suggestion BTW

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #4,633 of 9,131
Jul 31, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #4,634 of 9,131

And for $750 the metal block doesn't really seem to match the AK240 gun metal........ 

I think my Wireworld optical [output to Meitner MA1] beats this in performance and would have the extra $750 spend elsewhere.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #4,635 of 9,131
  I tired using a different micro SD card and the player seems to work fine but when I connect to the computer seems like the computer freezes... 
Does not recognize the AK240 and just freezes. Restarted the comp and same thing happens.
I am just going to assume this is defective and RMA this. 

Thanks for your suggestion BTW

So, now you can at least using the SD card files to play music.  

Probably you should try the same for the computer connect...try to connect to another computer to find out if the same happens...solving one issue at a time, hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back