The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 3, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #76 of 9,131

You sir, made me laugh out loud
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha good, its hard to do that in pure text.

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #78 of 9,131
  Right now every DAP on the market is missing something I'm looking for, here's hoping this one has it all. If it does, I'm willing to pay the premium.

I'll get it - but only if the playlists etc work properly. The AK1xx players have great sound, but the overall usability I find quite low-grade especially for the price.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #82 of 9,131

If this happens will the Tera player double in price again (Charles will make sure there is no confusion who is the undisputed champ?) 
biggrin.gif

One does never know what Charles is up to man
wink.gif
If he reduces prices back to normal, he will gain more customers (edit: including me) but with the current price, I doubt that he is selling units.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #83 of 9,131

One does never know what Charles is up to man
wink.gif
If he reduces prices back to normal, he will gain more customers (edit: including me) but with the current price, I doubt that he is selling units.

Well I'm thrilled to have gotten mine right before the price doubled (and I love it - must make sure I don't lose it or otherwise I will have no choice but to pay this new price for another one - now that I know how it sounds there is no going back 
L3000.gif
).

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #85 of 9,131
Over pricing does not always mean you do not sell...AK has always done it and they sell like hotcakes. The AK240 will cost close to 2k$. Would anyone have believed a DAP could cost that much a year ago?

Hmmm.... well, I guess it depends upon how one defines the word 'hotcakes'.

I'm sure iRiver have sold quite a few AK100s & AK120s, but I bet the number of X3s Fiio has sold would be 2, 3, or even more times as many.

None of us really knows the true sales figures, but I suspect the above is reasonably true.

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #87 of 9,131
Over pricing does not always mean you do not sell...AK has always done it and they sell like hotcakes. The AK240 will cost clost to 2k$. Would anyone have believed a DAP could cost that much a year ago?

The problem here is that at 2k they have priced themselves WELL ABOVE the market.

That means other than the folks who want to buy it just because...they will have to PROVE it's worth it (both in sound and features).

Honestly, I thought the AK100 was ludicrously overpriced. YMMV.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #88 of 9,131
Over pricing does not always mean you do not sell...AK has always done it and they sell like hotcakes. The AK240 will cost clost to 2k$. Would anyone have believed a DAP could cost that much a year ago?

So next year will be over 2.5 - 3k?

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #89 of 9,131
Someone reported at S$2k

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #90 of 9,131
If only everyone in business could simply charge 2 or 3 times the mark-up of their competitors - oh, wait, they can't because that's not how things work (at least, not longterm) in this dimension of the universe...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back