The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 6, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #6,796 of 9,131
Anyhow, ill will stop now, and hopefully move to better things, but unfortunatelly its all true..

I had the same problem. Spend hours selecting songs to transfer while it keep disconnecting all the time then all gone. Every file gone. Factory reset, start over... About fourth time in three days i gave up and use Windows... All fine now.

Its 2015 and AK has not figured out copying files task.

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,797 of 9,131
Great - thanks very much. Any suggestions for a balanced 2.5mm TRRS cable? I have Toxic cables on the Miracles which have been great.

I have the Norne Audio Vorpal Series 8 Wire and it is great.

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #6,798 of 9,131
I had the same problem. Spend hours selecting songs to transfer while it keep disconnecting all the time then all gone. Every file gone. Factory reset, start over... About fourth time in three days i gave up and use Windows... All fine now.

Its 2015 and AK has not figured out copying files task.

Wow, that is seriously depressing, i think i will speak with the shop to take it back, i am not getting windows.
unless its easy to run on a mac?

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,800 of 9,131
I run Pararelle (VIrtual machine) to run windows in mac

Is it easy and does it take much space, any complications?
I can't believe i am even considering this coz of the stupid machine, so frustrated..

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #6,801 of 9,131
Great - thanks very much. Any suggestions for a balanced 2.5mm TRRS cable? I have Toxic cables on the Miracles which have been great.

I don't own the Miracles, so I can't give you any good recommendation(s).

But I agree, though, that Toxic cables are pretty darn good.

Perhaps you'd want to try out cables from Wagnus? Those are something to behold. Its a long, long waiting time, though, should you plan to order anything from them, since they have quite a staggering amount of orders atm.

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #6,803 of 9,131

I use a cable built by Ted Allen. There is a entire thread on H.F. to check his work out. Which is excellent, with reasonable pricing and short build and ship time.

"The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread"

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #6,804 of 9,131
Its not hard if you familiar with installing windows etc. pretty straight forward. how much space depends on you as you can set it.

Thanks i will reserach,i see its another mac rip off,like syncmate,£25 with the discound, you get stuff like that free and plenty in windows:frowning2:

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #6,805 of 9,131
Both are usb3
I thought the AK240 wasn't USB 3.0 friendly??has f/w updates addressed this already??

BTW, you can edit your existing post to add new comments. You don't have to add a new post every single time. It's kinda spamming this thread.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #6,806 of 9,131
I thought the AK240 wasn't USB 3.0 friendly??has f/w updates addressed this already??

BTW, you can edit your existing post to add new comments. You don't have to add a new post every single time. It's kinda spamming this thread.

Аnak , i was in no state to think about that, but yiu are welcome to delete any of my posts.i know its too much,
Just can't believe there's no data,faq base yet on a&k to help new owners, obviously a&k themselves don't care.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #6,807 of 9,131
Аnak , i was in no state to think about that, but yiu are welcome to delete any of my posts.i know its too much,
Just can't believe there's no data,faq base yet on a&k to help new owners, obviously a&k themselves don't care.

I have.

Anyway, just go and research about USB 3.0 and AK240. I could have sworn reading either early in this thread or in some other AK240 thread that the AK240 doesn't like USB 3.0 ports. Search "USB3" in this thread.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #6,808 of 9,131
I have always been syncing my AK240 with USB3.0 and I am fine.  However, not all USB 3.0 chip set behave the same, and some require firmware update to fix some of the bugs.  This is the Anker USB 3.0 hub I use, and note the chipset and fireware version.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NGQWL2/ref=pe_825000_114657650_TE_item

Here is the guide on how to check your USB 3.0 chipset and firmware version

http://plugable.com/2013/01/29/via-usb-3-0-hub-firmware

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #6,809 of 9,131
I picked up the dock from Amazon, had a great deal on an open box. I have to say, I am not that impressed, I almost think it is a waste of money. The one I have gives a lot of play in each position, do they all do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back