The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #4,128 of 9,131
Oh yeah he told me he screwed the mod on that one. Now it can only play music in Japanese and only on the left earpiece.

Truth or just pulling our legs?

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #4,131 of 9,131
I doubt Vinnie could get that result even if he wanted to
biggrin.gif

Probably someday he'd offer a "Jap" mod to which he himself have no clue about what it says LOL and it must be a free-of-charge mod

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #4,132 of 9,131

Why are you re-formatting it?? It works fine as-is on the 240.

edit:
I just tried the second card (I had bought 2) - it is not preformatted as it seems, as it asks for formatting before use.

AlterSack, I think I was mistaken...the AK manual say's the SD card must be formatted Fat32.  So, if the SDXC cards came formatted exFat, it must be re-formatted to Fat32. My bad. H2TESTW is great though in case you have any questions about the health of your cards...
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #4,133 of 9,131

AlterSack, I think I was mistaken...the AK manual say's the SD card must be formatted Fat32.  So, if the SDXC cards came formatted exFat, it must be re-formatted to Fat32. My bad. H2TESTW is great though in case you have any questions about the health of your cards...
wink.gif

No Problem burtonmr
smile.gif
  - I am trying to work it out with Sandisk support. I just sent them all infos on the cards and the purchase (from amazone(!!)  - so they can check if I received fake cards

Anyway I wonder if there is any other program than "fat32formatter" that can format the 128 GB card to fat32 as this program seems to not recognize my cards.   I'llt ry the H2TESTW tool tonight to check the health of the cards.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #4,134 of 9,131
  No Problem burtonmr
smile.gif
  - I am trying to work it out with Sandisk support. I just sent them all infos on the cards and the purchase (from amazone(!!)  - so they can check if I received fake cards

Anyway I wonder if there is any other program than "fat32formatter" that can format the 128 GB card to fat32 as this program seems to not recognize my cards.   I'llt ry the H2TESTW tool tonight to check the health of the cards.

Sorry to see this brings you so much trouble.

Please keep us posted on how you get over this as we will sooner or later encounter the same when getting the 128GB cards.

Good luck.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #4,135 of 9,131
  No Problem burtonmr
smile.gif

Alter, was the seller Amazon or a 3rd party selling thru Amazon? Did it say "Ships and sold by Amazon.com"?  Like This? If so I can almost guarantee you it is not a fake.
The last shipment of 128 cards they received was 5,454 in quantity and from SanDisk themselves.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #4,136 of 9,131
  Alter, was the seller Amazon or a 3rd party selling thru Amazon? Did it say "Ships and sold by Amazon.com"?  Like This? If so I can almost guarantee you it is not a fake.
The last shipment of 128 cards they received was 5,454 in quantity and from SanDisk themselves.

Saraguie - the cards were shipped and sold by amazone - and they look like this
- almost identical with the exception of the color (more a brownish red) so I hope they are not a fake.
Still I wonder why Win 7 and MAC OS 10.6 both did not recognize that the cards were preformatted and instantly offer to format the card(s).
I'll have to wait and see till Sandisk support comes back to me on this.

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #4,139 of 9,131
  Just got my. Seem like a good pair with Roxanne. Got to re-terminate my cable to TRRS :frowning2:

Congrats, the AK240 is really golden!  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back