The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #572 of 1,380

Quote:
I think you may be in the wrong place?

Nope answering @moonsurf.   system quote messed up...i think it was a short in my headset... 
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #574 of 1,380
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #575 of 1,380
Never mind... saw the answer to my question.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #576 of 1,380

Quote:
That's really great news... but... why post that on this thread?

As I said up thread, it was in answer to moonsurf's quandary as an alternative to what he's already tried.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #577 of 1,380

Quote:
As I said up thread, it was in answer to moonsurf's quandary as an alternative to what he's already tried.

Heh... yeah, saw those answers after I posted. Well, at least I wasn't the only one who was confused.
rolleyes.gif

Kevin, maybe you know... what's with all the 'A' in the quotes for line spaces lately??  (sorry for the OT).

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #578 of 1,380

Quote:
Heh... yeah, saw those answers after I posted. Well, at least I wasn't the only one who was confused.
rolleyes.gif

Kevin, maybe you know... what's with all the 'A' in the quotes for line spaces lately??  (sorry for the OT).

My guess is that our "friends" are playing with the text editor for this site and screwed up again.  Using wrong character set.  Hopefully, it will mysteriously disappear as mysteriously as it appeared.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #579 of 1,380
Good to see you @ Kevin. I hope you've been observing that I am a man of my word!! Nice to see some things get back to normal.
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #580 of 1,380

I think the Denon bit is pertinent, since other earphones have been thrown out there too in answering the 'timbre/tone' question in comparison to the SM3. Nice to hear the new Denon model is good. I've always liked the Denon canalphones, having owned the C700 & C710. I may have to give these a try for a reasonably priced workout/ knock around phone for a backup to the SM3. Do the new Denons have a fabric, or metal screen mesh over the ends of the nozzles? 

Thanks for the impressions.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #581 of 1,380

Quote:

I think the Denon bit is pertinent, since other earphones have been thrown out there too in answering the 'timbre/tone' question in comparison to the SM3. Nice to hear the new Denon model is good. I've always liked the Denon canalphones, having owned the C700 & C710. I may have to give these a try for a reasonably priced workout/ knock around phone for a backup to the SM3. Do the new Denons have a fabric, or metal screen mesh over the ends of the nozzles? 

Thanks for the impressions.

I really hope the webmaster is paying attention to this site...
These double posts, lost quotes, and 'A' issues are just a bit annoying. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #583 of 1,380

I absolutely hate it when I get that type of seal, I have to adjust the tip to break it or my ears give me fits. I am finding my homemade tip using the earplug foam has pretty much eliminated this sensation, I can wear my SM3 for hours without even touching them versus constantly fidgeting with the tips when using the doubleflange or other silicon tips.

Quote:
Do you guys get a vacuum seal on your tips? I'm getting that now with my JAYS and Shure Olives, don't like it.

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #584 of 1,380

Quote:
Do you guys get a vacuum seal on your tips? I'm getting that now with my JAYS and Shure Olives, don't like it.

That's one of the things that absolutely freaks me right out about multi-flange tips.
I rarely get a vacuum or pressure from foamies (including the Olives) as they are inserted... then slowly expand.

shane

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #585 of 1,380
Anyone else find the Y split cable a bit to high up. Maybe its because I have a big face but I find it small that its almost touching my chin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back