The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
Aug 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #601 of 1,380

Quote:
I love how the SM3 behaves so much like a dynamic at times. I almost forget it's a triple-BA sometimes. I think the SM3 is very unique in having a distinct dynamic punch for being a BA IEM.

^^ Concur wholeheartedly.

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #603 of 1,380

Quote:
To think I have so much in common w/ bennyboy, not to mention iponderous.  I think I need professional help.  No luco you are not a professional....  

Its too late for help mate, sorry. And yiou aint seen nothing yet - wait till the next full moon!

As for the cable slider - do the sensible thing, cut the bugger off and liberate your neck.  I'd like to see George Lucas wearing the SM3, come to think of it....

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #604 of 1,380

Quote:
I'd like to see George Lucas wearing the SM3, come to think of it....

atsmile.gif
LOOOOOL

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #605 of 1,380
To those who have a Cowon player (I know you do, Benny) , try this:
BBE:0
Mach3bass:0
Stereo enhance: 2
eq:
80hz: 0
230hz: 0
850hz: 0
4.1khz: 3
5.3khz: 2
Yes, it's subtle, but it gives the SM3 a shimmer that's missing in the upper midrange. Let me know what you think!
smile_phones.gif

What I hear now is really about perfect. Really cannot imagine how anything could be improved.
cool.gif

A player with a good eq can be very helpful, imo, as there are iems that only need a tiny amount of tweak to sound right. That's the case of the SM3. However, no matter how much I equalize the IE8, I cannot get them sound as good as the SM3. But now, my SM3 have about the same clarity as the RE-252, but with much better bass and immersion.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #606 of 1,380
OK, will give those settings a go and let you know what I think. Those freq band settings are not available on the J3 though - nearest is 80 / 220 / 780 / 4.1 / 6.9
Quote:
eq:
Yes, it's subtle, but it gives the SM3 a shimmer that's missing in the upper midrange. Let me know what you think!
smile_phones.gif

What I hear now is really about perfect. Really cannot imagine how anything could be improved.
cool.gif

A player with a good eq can be very helpful, imo, as there are iems that only need a tiny amount of tweak to sound right. That's the case of the SM3. However, no matter how much I equalize the IE8, I cannot get them sound as good as the SM3. But now, my SM3 have about the same clarity as the RE-252, but with much better bass and immersion.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #607 of 1,380

Quote:
eq:
smile_phones.gif

cool.gif

Or a good amp with rollable opamps can achieve the audio bliss that the SM3 is capable off and I agree that nothing can make the ie8 sound as good as the SM3

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #608 of 1,380
Oh ok, nevermind, the most important one is the 4.1 khz, and you can still increase the 6.9 khz band, too.

edit:

Quote:
Or a good amp with rollable opamps can achieve the audio bliss that the SM3 is capable off and I agree that nothing can make the ie8 sound as good as the SM3

Yep, I really loved the IE8 but now I'm accustomed to the SM3 and I try to listen back to my IE8, I simply cannot enjoy them the way I did. They will most probably find a new home soon :wink:
It's quite frightening how the human ear gets accustomed to good things!

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #613 of 1,380
it is semi-parametric on the J3 - 5 bands, three frquency choices per band, with the option of narrow, normal or wide selection for each  band. at that frequency.  You have a lot of options effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back