The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
Oct 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #1,351 of 1,380
No, it is showing that my right ear is better.  The lower the curve, the better the hearing because it is taking less volume to hear the sound.  The dots means "normal hearing".

It is showing that the SM3 has a upper mids attenuation, good bass and some roll off in the high frequencies.  The CX300 has a bass hump. 

Here is one for my Sony MDR-V6 which is bass heavy for me but less high frequency roll off.

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #1,353 of 1,380

Quote:
Did you have to pay for repair?

Nope! Just sent an email to Franck and he'll do the necessary. I did have to pay for shipping to France but have had the SM3s for close to 4months now and after numerous change of tips, still concluded my particular set had channel imbalance.

Franck sent my set back after repair and now they are noticeably more balanced than i remembered them to be.

Total turn-around time was 3.5weeks.

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #1,354 of 1,380

Quote:
Ha.  Well, yes, you're arrogant. But then so am I.  But which of us is correct?

Let's have a poll!

I vote for Ben too
beerchug.gif
, and you're the only arrogant one I see here @ Ben buddy. And I'll leave it there (plenty of room to fill in the blanks.____________). LOL

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #1,355 of 1,380

Quote:
Wow, that kind of statement makes you lose the remaining credibility you had.

Don't know if I had much or little credibility before my previous post and quite frankly I'm not here to gain any more (or less) of it...BUT my point was that in the specific case of the SM3s I don't think it comes down to personal preference as I'm convinced the sound (mostly) of this IEM is flawed. The other IEMs I mentioned earlier, which I find better SQ-wise than the SM3s, in my view don't have these flaws and, therefore, one person may prefer, for instance, the IE8 over the UM3X or the other way round - different flavours, so to speak. Not the case, I insist, with the SM3, unless you happen to enjoy food that is 'off'.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #1,356 of 1,380
Tossing in another vote for Benny. 

I hear them more like he did, and as so many others do. Their being flawed just doesn't fly with so many people hearing them as stellar, and clearly better than many other top tier IEM's. 

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #1,358 of 1,380
The ear pulling technique works better already, when used with the shortened Sensorcom tips.
After a little fiddling (but a lot less fiddling then any other attempt before) I got both (wow, this can't be true) in-ears inserted properly, without having to suffer any pain. Unfortunately they still pop out, but not as dramatically as before. I maybe will now wait for the other tips to arrive or try this ear pulling tip with stock Sensorcom tips again. The problem for me when inserting is that the flang tends to bend (even after having inserted and everything sounds good; when I make a sudden move it is back to the starting line
frown.gif
)

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #1,359 of 1,380

Quote:
To quantify the issue of personal preference, how about we all do this hearing test in http://www.digital-recordings.com/.  Do their "professional test" which is still free.  Try different earphones.  The results are very interesting.  You can hear things better on one earphone than another.  I am pretty sure that affects how you perceive the quality and preference.  This may not explain it all, but at least is an quantitative analysis on what people are hearing.  Not everyone have the same ears.  Here are my results

This one is for the SM3

Great site you found there. It's better than any other equal-loudness contour test on the net I've seen yet.

Here's my result for the SM3:

sm3.png

And here's other phones I tested with it: http://temp.elektrokrishna.com/index.php?dir=equal-loudness-2/

Yes, my left ear is shot more than my right one as well. And still barely any portable audio players or amps out there that support pan/balance.
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,361 of 1,380

Quote:
I vote for Ben too
beerchug.gif
, and you're the only arrogant one I see here @ Ben buddy. And I'll leave it there (plenty of room to fill in the blanks.____________). LOL

Quote:
Tossing in another vote for Benny. 

I hear them more like he did, and as so many others do. Their being flawed just doesn't fly with so many people hearing them as stellar, and clearly better than many other top tier IEM's. 

You two have now convinced me to also cast my vote for Bennyboy71, a born-again-Headfier, a man who finally saw the light (surely heard good sound?) at the end of the tunnel (surely end of the nozzle?), got rid of his £300 SM3s and got the £72 Etymotic HF5.

Yes, Bennyboy71 hears his HF5s as stellar, and clearly better than the SM3s! -- How very silly of me to think all along that precisely ericp10 & cn11 would vote and campaign for music_4321. Now I understand why they didn't.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #1,364 of 1,380
music-
Pleasure to be of service to you, as always.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #1,365 of 1,380

Quote:
music-
Pleasure to be of service to you, as always.

X2 ....

Chris, how do you love that Lenny Kravitz song "Fly Away" on the SM3?? I love that song on the SM3. The music and lyrics are so crisp and clear on the SM3. If you haven't heard it you must listen soon. Great song that "Fly Away" is. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back