The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one other amp, preferably most on the list)
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #122 of 187
Prince :smile:,
Do you really prefer the Balancing Act over the Mojo? I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why.
Thanks

No, it's Mojo over the ECBA

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #124 of 187
Since I got my LCD3 I have been cycling through amps and I've heard/owned quite a few now...  Here is a summary of my personal ranking of amps w/ regard to only the LCD3.

WA22=GSXmk2 =Auralic Taurus>WA5>Mjolnir>BHA 1=Decware Taboo mkII>DNA Stratus>Cavalli Liquid Glass=Peachtree Grand=Soloist>Concerto>Lyr>Burson HA150>Vali

After all the buzz on headfi about the Taurus, I demo'ed it, and I think it lives up to the hype especially considering it mates equally well w/ my HD800.  I'll probably eventually get one or rebuy the WA22, but I find it hard to let go of the Mjolnir just because of its excellent price/performance ratio.

May 1, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #125 of 187
Cripes, that's what I really meant. Let me start again. I have the Mojo and was looking at the BA (I have the Zana Deux now). I would love to hear why you prefer the Mojo.
Thanks

The ECBA is a fantastic amp. Just not the best with the 3s. 
OTOH the Mjonir sounds faster and more dynamic with the 3s.
The ECBA is slightly sluggish with the 3s.
Detail retrieval is similar on both amps though.

Sorry for the late response. Was out of town. 

May 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #126 of 187
  The ECBA is a fantastic amp. Just not the best with the 3s. 
OTOH the Mjonir sounds faster and more dynamic with the 3s.
The ECBA is slightly sluggish with the 3s.
Detail retrieval is similar on both amps though.

Sorry for the late response. Was out of town. 

Not an issue. Thanks for the feedback. Since I am unable to demo any headphone amp in my neck of the woods, I have to rely on the Head-fi threads more. Looks like the Mojo cannot be beat for the price/performance.

May 26, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #127 of 187
Can i just ask you guys a quick question regarding balanced amps?
I am starting to look at the best amp for my lcd-3's, as i have balanced outputs on my chord dac64 should i be looking only at balanced amps? Is the difference that great?

Thanks

May 26, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #128 of 187
I am starting to look at the best amp for my lcd-3's, as i have balanced outputs on my chord dac64 should i be looking only at balanced amps? Is the difference that great?

Thanks

IMO, going balanced the whole way makes sense. If you go from balanced to SE, I believe this just sums up the output and is not desirable from a SQ perspective (this is my understanding). LCD3 loves balanced amps.

May 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #129 of 187

Don't get caught up in features and pick an amp based on whether it's balanced or unbalanced.

Pick an amp based on the fact that it sounds good.

May 27, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #132 of 187
Kothganesh, probably you like more the sound presentation of the Schiit stack and it's not the Fact that it is a balanced amp. Just saying. 

May 27, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #134 of 187
  Don't get caught up in features and pick an amp based on whether it's balanced or unbalanced.

Pick an amp based on the fact that it sounds good.

Fully agree.
The EAR HP-4(SE) sounded better with the LCD3s than the ECBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back