TGXEAR discussion thread.
Jun 14, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #1,307 of 1,872
Very interesting thank you. The Serratus is having the most praise, but it does have a flaw which I can't say about any other TGX, and the flaw is the highs that can be crazy hot. Does the Totem need EQ ? From what I've understood from the comments in here, no.
That's honestly what kept me away from the Serratus not to mention I am a bit sensitive to those higher frequencies. How is the sunniva compared to the Serratus in that regard? Would love a bass comparison between these too!

Jun 14, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #1,308 of 1,872
That's honestly what kept me away from the Serratus not to mention I am a bit sensitive to those higher frequencies. How is the sunniva compared to the Serratus in that regard? Would love a bass comparison between these too!
One thing for sure, the Alpha will NEVER EVER offend you in the highs.
It’s a butter smooth bud.

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #1,309 of 1,872
Just an FYI, a tuning kit will be sent to all current sunniva owners, a quick fix to reduce the bass by 2-3db! Apparently some are complaining the bass is too much, this is great news for me haha

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #1,310 of 1,872
IMG_3550.jpeg

Saw it on his website.. looks like it’s reversible.

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #1,312 of 1,872
This doesn't sound good.
Why? You get two different tonalities in one earbuds.

It is ranked top 3 by this reviewer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18fUXLnjVkM-ye_YM-nWS7nQ6nJ19ghZt3c9U0OnnOrs/edit

‘Best bass I've heard on any earbud, hands down. Quantity competes with IEMs, texture is great. A good amount of warmth throughout making it sound very rich and lush. Treble is smooth and non-fatiguing. It's a great counterpoint to Totem and something that keeps popping into my head is the difference between Stradivarius and Guarneri violins - Strads have a silky sweet tone and unyieldingly precision, while Guarneris generally have a fuller, richer, and deeper tone. In this comparison, Sunniva would be the Guarneri and Totem would be the Strad. Usually one would expect the brighter Totem to be more technically capable but in terms of resolution and separation, Sunniva is a slight step above Totem. Imaging is on par with Totem but stage is a little bit more intimate than Totem (possibly due to the warmer tune). ‘

Jun 14, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #1,313 of 1,872
This is great! Two for the price of one.

Jun 14, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #1,314 of 1,872
Why? You get two different tonalities in one earbuds.

It is ranked top 3 by this reviewer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18fUXLnjVkM-ye_YM-nWS7nQ6nJ19ghZt3c9U0OnnOrs/edit

‘Best bass I've heard on any earbud, hands down. Quantity competes with IEMs, texture is great. A good amount of warmth throughout making it sound very rich and lush. Treble is smooth and non-fatiguing. It's a great counterpoint to Totem and something that keeps popping into my head is the difference between Stradivarius and Guarneri violins - Strads have a silky sweet tone and unyieldingly precision, while Guarneris generally have a fuller, richer, and deeper tone. In this comparison, Sunniva would be the Guarneri and Totem would be the Strad. Usually one would expect the brighter Totem to be more technically capable but in terms of resolution and separation, Sunniva is a slight step above Totem. Imaging is on par with Totem but stage is a little bit more intimate than Totem (possibly due to the warmer tune). ‘
Yeah thats what I thought immediately when he told me about the tuning kit. Easy to do and you get 2 for the price of one basically. And I LOVE bass so I'm probably not even doing it but having the ability to change it is nice!

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,316 of 1,872

<3

Rediscovering some of the 'older' TGXEar line up with the DX300 + Amp12. It's incredible what a change in source/amp can do.

Alpha (L) = warm and sufficiently spacious despite the higher impedance
Serratus (C) = a more palatable treble and a warmer, more organic midrange
Ripples (R) = exciting, gobs of detail and perfectly balanced

_DSC3832.jpg

I'm hoping to get a Sunniva at somepoint to see what the new Bery driver can offer. Sunniva owners, do you have any more impressions to share as you're becoming more familiar with it?

@drewbadour, how does it compare tonally/technically to the VE Sun Copper (apologies if you've already made this comparison)?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,319 of 1,872
Sunniva #13 getting some break in time. First impressions are this is an EDM dream bud.

PXL_20230619_175526852.jpg
Nice !
Is this RU7 ? It powers Sunniva well, I imagine, right ? (what volume and gain are you listening?)
I have both (RU7 and Sunniva) on my way rn, can't wait to try this combo !

Jun 19, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,320 of 1,872
Nice !
Is this RU7 ? It powers Sunniva well, I imagine, right ? (what volume and gain are you listening?)
I have both (RU7 and Sunniva) on my way rn, can't wait to try this combo !
Yes, this is the RU7 with ddHiFi's TC07S cable. I am using low gain at 75 and this is comfortable EDM blasting volume :) I have not had to use high gain on the RU7 much, only with my VC, which I kind of expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back