TGXEAR discussion thread.
Jun 28, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #1,336 of 1,872
Sunniva #15 aboard the barge safely and thank you Jim for another amazing build you always exceed the expected 🍻
Got a mostly free weekend ahead to give them some 🎵💥😃

Nice! I am just before you at #14. They are waiting for me in Singapore when I return in a month's time!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #1,337 of 1,872
If Serratus has bass just like a BA-based IEM, then Sunniva is more like DD

Not had much time with my Sunniva yet or worked my way through all the foams...but straight off the bat I’d say Sunniva has more of a “BA’ bass than Serattus, Serattus hits harder and deep with a quicker decay more DD stylee...where as Sunniva’s decay seems a tad slower with more of an emphasis on the mid bass...but time will tell, loads more listening to do plus all deem foams lol 😃

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,339 of 1,872
Like I've mentioned: the Serratus I own may be a slightly different beast (500Ω driver, PET bell-shaped shells) from all the others OG Serrati out there.
It's not that I don't want to admit I could be wrong - far from that. It's just that both of us can be right, since we don't share the same setups.

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #1,344 of 1,872
A general question to everyone here:

Have any of you ever heard any buds from Korean artisan makers, at around 100-150 USD range?

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,346 of 1,872
I wasn’t a fan of Bell Serratus’ fit either. I’m a shell guy, all the way
Shell guy as in MX500 or PK or rather a stem guy? I too tend to not like the larger sized bell/horn shaped shells (e.g. VE Sun Dice / Copper) unless they have stems to help counter balance them (e.g. Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 醇净 600 LE). I have small ears so smaller bell shapes like those used by Ks luckily do fit me, and quite well, sans stems (e.g. K's 凯 Temperament Bell-Ti 钛铃 or K's 凯 Temperament Bell-Blue 蓝精铃).

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #1,347 of 1,872
Is that just a fit thing? as I was/am also interested in trying some of Jim’s future bell creations.
Yeah, I didn't like the fit, so can't comment on sound differences because I didn't persevere. The bell I got also had a noodle thin cable instead of the thicker silver OG stock cable.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,349 of 1,872
Shell guy as in MX500 or PK or rather a stem guy? I too tend to not like the larger sized bell/horn shaped shells (e.g. VE Sun Dice / Copper) unless they have stems to help counter balance them (e.g. Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 醇净 600 LE). I have small ears so smaller bell shapes like those used by Ks luckily do fit me, and quite well, sans stems (e.g. K's 凯 Temperament Bell-Ti 钛铃 or K's 凯 Temperament Bell-Blue 蓝精铃).
I'd say stems in general. I've had no problems fitting MX500, PK, or even the thin-stem bud like an NiceHCK EB2S. I got to demo Bell Serratus and could not get them to sit comfortably, even though they did seat properly (sound wise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back