TGXEAR discussion thread.
Jan 8, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #571 of 1,872
How do MX500s fit to you? I don't think I have small ears so I'm wondering if they will still fit better than MX500

I’ll try to get back to you tomorrow. DM me to remind me if you’d like.

Ever since I got the bells it’s just about all I listen to due to the improved comfort. YMMV.

Jan 8, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #572 of 1,872
Mine is still traveling the world to me!! Did you get yours yet?
Nope - mine has been stuck in a delivery depot somewhere since 19 Dec...so been in transit for 7 weeks and counting :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #576 of 1,872
Geez that sucks.
Yeah :frowning2: nothing I can do but wait for my local delivery service to clear the backlog. Jim has been really responsive throughout the process and is doing all he can to push his courier service for updates. But it is frustrating that I've been very unlucky so far...

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #577 of 1,872
Just joined the club! Ripples are on the warmer side, with really great lower mids and mids. Well balanced, with just the right amount of sparkle in the treble for my taste. Not sure if these require any burn in? I'm enjoying them straight out of the gate. Jim's tuning hits way above his price point! I'd like to know more about this bio-fiber membrane.
IMG-1093.jpg

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #578 of 1,872
Just joined the club! Ripples are on the warmer side, with really great lower mids and mids. Well balanced, with just the right amount of sparkle in the treble for my taste. Not sure if these require any burn in? I'm enjoying them straight out of the gate. Jim's tuning hits way above his price point! I'd like to know more about this bio-fiber membrane.
IMG-1093.jpg
They do not need burn in, just kick back and enjoy :)

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #579 of 1,872
How do MX500s fit to you? I don't think I have small ears so I'm wondering if they will still fit better than MX500

The MX500 fit me okay. The issue I think is that they are smooth and the therefore are prone to move around a bit more.

With the stainless steel bell there is an inherent texture to the 3D printed material and therefore they are more secure. Combine this texture with the fact that they fit my ears better and it makes a wonderful difference.

Jan 8, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #580 of 1,872
The MX500 fit me okay. The issue I think is that they are smooth and the therefore are prone to move around a bit more.

With the stainless steel bell there is an inherent texture to the 3D printed material and therefore they are more secure. Combine this texture with the fact that they fit my ears better and it makes a wonderful difference.
nice! my other concern is that due to the concentration of weight in the ear they may not fit well as well but it seems like they are winners

Jan 8, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #581 of 1,872
nice! my other concern is that due to the concentration of weight in the ear they may not fit well as well but it seems like they are winners

I think everyone has different ears. I’m not promising anything.

I don’t notice the weight of the stainless steel earbuds.

Jan 11, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #584 of 1,872
Just received Ripples. Difficult to assess in these early stages as they hurt my ears, which feel bruised after about 10 minutes.
I have ordered some silicone covers, hoping that they will make a difference. Not giving up yet as early impressions are positive.
Sorry to hear that. Ripples are otherwise special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back