Testing audiophile claims and myths
Jun 5, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #16,801 of 17,336
Why the incessant insults? And why the incessant lying that I claim “everything sounds the same” and “everything about how we hear music is known”?

As everyone here by now knows the answers to these questions, what do you gain from repeatedly demonstrating that you’re a troll?

Clearly that’s true for you. The rest of us don’t only have ears though, we also have a brain! A brain that not only changes/affects what our ears “hear” but is also capable of investigating and understanding this fact. That’s why we have audio science and why, if making claims about what you’re hearing, you need to understand it. Unless of course you’re just a troll!

G
Why do you always call someone a troll when they say something that you cannot argue effectively against. You regularly call me a troll just because I disagree with you.

I have only trolled you once: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/why...intolerable-to-listen-to.964313/post-17096092

It was to have the last word on a never ending debate where as usual you would refuse to take on any other ideas other than your own. It worked.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #16,802 of 17,336
I think Gregorio is really good at arguing against points. He provides solid evidence to back up what he says. The part he has a problem with is understanding what other people are actually saying. He doesn't always grasp the totality of what is being said, focusing on tiny details and semantics, or rigidly following his own train of thought without comprehending the other person's. I do agree that his use of certain insults is extreme and uncalled for, but that is his frustration with his difficulty communicating.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #16,803 of 17,336
Why do you always call someone a troll when they say something that you cannot argue effectively against.
Huh? I did argue effectively with what the troll said, I never stated “everything sounds the same” or claimed that “everything that matters about how we hear music is known” and the troll can provide no evidence/quotes of me making those claims (because I never made them). How much more effective an argument would it be possible to make?!!
The part he has a problem with is understanding what other people are actually saying.
Really, so please explain “what the other person is actually saying” that I apparently had a problem understanding in this assertion: “he claims everything that matters about how we hear music is known and that science topped out in this field some years ago.

G

Jun 6, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #16,804 of 17,336
You’ve repeatedly completely missed my points and replied with a repetition of your own as if you didn’t understand what I was saying. Even when I agree with you, you seem to find a way to disagree with my agreement. I’ve tried to explain to you in the past what I’m saying, but never seems to get through, so I’ve given up. But that’s ok. You’ve got things to say without any of my input. It’s easier to just say things separately from you than to engage. But that person’s claim that you don’t back up your comments is absolutely wrong. You’re very thorough about that.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #16,805 of 17,336
You’ve repeatedly completely missed my points and replied with a repetition of your own as if you didn’t understand what I was saying.
Your typical response when your assertion is challenged, deflection! Presumably you didn’t answer the question because you can’t. So, in fact I didn’t misunderstand “what the other person was actually saying” and your post therefore had nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion, you just decided to do a bit of trolling yourself.

Way to go, thanks for enriching this forum!

G

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #16,806 of 17,336
Nope. I try and try to explain my points, but you hear in your head what you’re thinking and don’t hear me at all. Then you start with the ad hominems. This is an example of that right here. You want to lecture, not discuss. That’s fine. Like I say, your monologues are more interesting than when people try to engage in back and forth with you.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #16,808 of 17,336
I didn't answer your question because it isn't related to my point at all. If I explain my point further, you'll just continue to not register what I say and go on with your routine of trying to shut down any two way conversation. You don't just do that with me. You do it with everyone. You have an outline of what you want to say in your head and we aren't allowed to deviate from that.

It's OK though. I was speaking to him, not you. Maybe he understands my point.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #16,809 of 17,336
I didn't answer your question because it isn't related to my point at all.
I know it isn’t related to your point at all, that’s exactly what I’m telling you (!), because your point is a deflection from my question and the false assertion by jagwap with which you were agreeing. It’s also got nothing to do with this thread or even this subforum!

Continuing to “explain my point [deflection] further”, serves what purpose other than your own trolling? So thanks AGAIN for you contribution to this thread (not)!!

G

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #16,810 of 17,336
I wasn't deflecting from your point. As I've said now several times, I was talking about something completely different. Sit down.

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #16,812 of 17,336
As I've said now several times, I was talking about something completely different.
Exactly, you were deflecting!! You did in fact state this:
The part he has a problem with is understanding what other people are actually saying.
To which I asked what was I misunderstanding in this case, you refused to answer and are deflecting by (apparently) “talking about something completely different”.
I wasn't deflecting from your point.
If the above is not deflection then nothing is, and the word doesn’t exist!

Thanks (again) for this enlightening contribution to this thread/subforum.

G

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #16,813 of 17,336
science guys don't have any snake oil crap to argue about, so they just argue about.. uh.. nothing really?
Can you get a room, maybe?
(Because it doesn't help anyone's credibility here..)
”I’m not useless, I can serve as a bad example”
At least it shows that when we all agree on something, it’s not just a groupthink effect.

Now back to the facts. it seems like the original response from gregorio was triggered by Lisa who was quoting someone quoting bigshot. So from the trail and the content being criticized, it seems like greg took personally something that wasn’t about him.
Which admittedly is an easy mistake, considering it might have been the second post from Lisa that wasn’t dedicated to insult gregorio in sound science.

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #16,814 of 17,336
the-it-crowd-popcorn.gif

Jun 6, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #16,815 of 17,336
it-crowd-fire.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back