Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 19, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,471 of 4,538
Yeah I have to agree that this thread is pointless to follow for me anymore. Criticism shouldn't be shot down, especially for a pair of headphones which will inevitably sound great/good/bad depending on someones personal preference, equipment etc.

I was mainly still checking this thread out so more users could post their impressions and comparisons with other expensive cans, because I haven't used many. But the arguing will probably deter them unfortunately.

I have the headphones, they are not without fault but I still really enjoy them, especially for the price. I think they're really good at detail retrieval and imaging even though their sound signature is a bit clinical and bright. Using different amp/dac combos might change that a bit, but they are what they are. Which is a great headphone for the price, I even prefer them to some 200$ cans due to comfort.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #1,472 of 4,538
Funnily enough, your description is quite close to Solderdude's. He thinks that they are a very good value headphone which is how I feel about the microphones that they make for video. Their mono shotgun Mic is regarded as terrific for little money.

It's because of their mics that I'm interested in hearing one myself. I have an AT Msr7 and a Sony mdr1a here (amongst others) and the first thing that strikes me is just how similar they all look. Especially the Sony.

Hopefully, I'll have one myself next week.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,473 of 4,538
I used strong words before to bring more fire here, as I saw completly different opinions about P82, and no middle ground between them. I want to say that I'm not pathological liar, and I don't belong to any circle here and there of special adoriation. As a potencial client I'm slowly looking for a new pair of headphones. This is my impressions from both sites.

Here on Hi-Fi there is so much hype about P82 and alot of positive feedback. People comparing and sometimes even preffering them over much more expensive pairs of headphones. If you doesn't see this hype here, than you are blind or got very short memory. Read your own review!

I'm supposing that Solderdude is probably quite a honest guy, and you can see that clearly in his unproffesionial or unobjective article about P82. He doesn't like how they sounds, and this is why he is acting in such unprofessional manner. No balls to tell that straight forward?

Presenting non existing problem about channel separation.
Below waterfall measurment you can read: "Left and Right are overlaid, the measurements were taken before the balance difference was sorted." How much more unprofessional than that you can be, if you are presenting second measurment of a badly assembed pair of headphone. If that is what you call professional than good for you.
Somewhere in the end you can read, that these headphones are good for n0thing, except youngsers and their mobile usage. Even his own son who belong to that group doesn't like them for that purpose. Hilarious stuff was later removed as his negative attitude towards P82 was to obvious at that point. After reading his article I don't see any reason whatsoever for even trying them becaouse: "There are other options in this price range as well." Seriously, it is good to know that there are other headphones : ) : )

I still doesn't know, if Takstar P82 are as good as you guys claim, or are they just OK, or in other words nothing special. How you can claim that they are just OK when you'r comparing them against x3 x4 times more expensive ones, and they compete so well against them. People jumping from Hype train becaouse they can't stand behind their own words. If your opinion is worthless and your words means nothing at all, than it's good if you quit sooner than later. Where is all that greatness, all that hype in Solderdude review?Price/performance king is also gone?

TLDR: black is white and white is black. Time to move on :D

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #1,474 of 4,538
I think that they're probably very good; especially at the price. I consider them a great deal at £47 or so. Not so certain at £80 but amongst the better ones.

I got the impression that Solderdude thinks that they're good value and have the usual problems of cheaper drivers with bass distortion and micro resolution.

However, I've also seen reviews with them up against an hd800 which just seems a bit unfair really.

Personally, I think they're good for what you pay.

If you have questions or issues about Solderdude's review, then by all means come and chat to him. He's really not offended or gets funny about people challenging him whatsoever. He has no feelings about them really one way or the other. That doesn't mean he hates them. He thinks they're ok especially for their price.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #1,475 of 4,538
some people claim it dethroned fostex thx00/fostex th900 (speaking of similar - closed- headphones the takstar may aim to compete with) in some aspects but in other sites i remember read that are barely a slight upgrade over even cheapest Takstar HD6000 (which seem pretty reasonable to me) but you don't find any hype surrounding these last ones. Pretty curious (and confusing too)

This kind of opinion trends i've seen in the past with other headphones: DT150 for example.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,476 of 4,538
I agree. Some comparisons have been very odd and really not relevant.

I still think they are pretty good but not a high end sound at all. Very often, people don"t hear things like bass distortion or driver attack speed. Most only hear tonal things and tonally, I think they are most likely extremely good. Solderdude says as much himself. He feels that fine detail isn"t there but we need to remember that they're cheap.

With headphones there are other things to take into consideration as well though.

For £47 they are a bargain but no need to get carried away!!

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,477 of 4,538
This place has really turned into junior high school, with people on opposite sides just yelling insults at one another saying "there's no way it can be better/worse than X so you're WRONG!" Disappointing really.

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #1,479 of 4,538
It's settled down now though hasn't it?

It was only a few pages ....

Hopefully. Very dissapointed by the maturity displayed, however I cannot say the same for the takstar pro82 (white) I bought as a gift and listened to for 30mins from my laptop and a few minutes on my phone (to test drivability). I only have the IT01 IEM to compare and a seinheiser in the 200+ range I sometimes listen to from a work buddy. The Takstar didn't disappoint at all and I'm still looking forward to getting my hands permanently on them.

As with many opinions, source & music taste rarely comes into play. So every opinion comes with a truckload of salt.

I'm still shocked at the price the takstars are sold at...

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,480 of 4,538
some people claim it dethroned fostex thx00/fostex th900 (speaking of similar - closed- headphones the takstar may aim to compete with) in some aspects...

If I had to choose between Pro 82 and TH900MK2, and no modding would be allowed, I would definitely choose Pro 82. Sure, TH900MK2 does sound pretty good as it is - it beat Oppo PM1 and Elear in the final round when I bought them, not to mention many other headphones that didn't make it to the finals. The only headphone that sounded better, was Abyss 1266 but I took it out of consideration because it's very amp picky, and I wasn't sure I would be able to source the amp for it or even use the amp in my office.
Unmodded, Pro 82 sounds more natural.

If modding is allowed, I can say that after spending extra hundreds of dollars on pads and mounting rings, TH900MK2 finally was able to reach its full potential with Dekoni TH900 Sheepskin pads - at $2000+ total cost it's finally clearly superior to Pro 82.
However, I still keep reaching for Pro 82. Why? Here's why:
1) It's lighter and more comfortable
2) It has far superior isolation - TH900MK2 leaks like crazy, can't use when other people are around.
3) TH900MK2 is huge - there was zero chance I could take it on the trip with me, like I could Pro 82.
Just take a look at that super thin case that Pro 82 can fit in:
upload_2018-2-19_22-5-21.png

Now the huge case under it - it's just a regular headphone case, that I used on my last trip for Pro 82. It's still far too small for TH900MK2.
Traveling with this thin case is so easy - it fits anywhere!

Don't have TH00, but when I compared TH610 and TH900MK2 head-to-head, it was TH610 that sounded like it was greatly overpriced - 2.5 times price difference didn't seem like enough.

Here are some posts that may interest you (more in the 2nd and 3rd posts in this thread):
Comparison with Fostex TH-900MK2
Comparison with Fostex TH-900, Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart, Sennheiser 800/6xx, Beyerdynamic T90 (by Ahmadfaizadnan)
Heavyharmonies' comparison with Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany
Heavyharmonies' further impressions + selling the Fostex

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #1,481 of 4,538
...As with many opinions, source & music taste rarely comes into play. So every opinion comes with a truckload of salt.

I'm still shocked at the price the takstars are sold at...
I think you meant "often" :jecklinsmile:

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #1,482 of 4,538
...I still doesn't know, if Takstar P82 are as good as you guys claim, or are they just OK, or in other words nothing special. How you can claim that they are just OK when you'r comparing them against x3 x4 times more expensive ones, and they compete so well against them. People jumping from Hype train becaouse they can't stand behind their own words. If your opinion is worthless and your words means nothing at all, than it's good if you quit sooner than later. Where is all that greatness, all that hype in Solderdude review?Price/performance king is also gone?
Nobody is jumping off this train.
No impressions/reviews linked in the 2nd and 3rd posts were retracted ever.
It's a different kind of thread - populated by audiophiles, not reviewers. People buy Pro 82, enjoy it, post some impressions, and go back to enjoying it. They don't keep posting how much they like Pro 82 - this thread is just means to achieving their goal - buying a great headphone.
If you have any doubts, trust math. Here are ratings from the best selling stores:
Takstar Audio:
upload_2018-2-20_1-2-14.png

Music Huhu Store:
upload_2018-2-20_1-4-3.png

MH Recording Music Store:
upload_2018-2-20_1-5-12.png

Original Brands Market:
upload_2018-2-20_1-6-39.png

Total - 216 5-star ratings, 6 4-star ratings (all of these 222 ratings are for the "new" version).
That's how people who bought Pro 82 feel about it - pretty clear, isn't it?
Just keep in mind, you need a good chain to bring out the best of it - Comparison of DACs/Amps

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #1,483 of 4,538
I didn't post much but keep on following this thread. A few pages back was not the most pleasant read. Things like this always happen in a forum, so it's better to just dust the dirt and move on.

I got a hair cut yesterday and today I hear the Pro 82 sounds quite differently. It has more bass, to the point I can't stand the second position of the bass port anymore. I used to open this port frequently to get enough bass. So apparently my hair was covering my ears and when I put on the headphones, some of the hair got stuck under the padding, making a poor sealing. Now without the hair (and glasses, I used to wear glasses also when wearing headphones), bass on closed port is more than enough. Just realized how important a perfect seal is.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #1,484 of 4,538
Last call to join the CNY lottery - entry ends 23:59 PST on Feb 20
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-80#post-14011105
Sales have been expectantly slow during CNY, and not all buyers are coming from Head-Fi (only head-fiers are eligible) - so your chances to win are pretty good.

Keep in mind, the prices are expected to go up after Feb 20 (by a few dollars), due to China Post raising their prices.

Feb 20, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #1,485 of 4,538
Since getting the Audio-gd R2R 11 I have been using my T1's exclusively as the synergy is love.

I stuck my silver 82's on everything becomes closer but the image feels correct, picking up on the micro detail debate I hear creaking chairs, piano foot peddles a great sense of space yet its not overly blown out to the sides, hissing mics dropping in and out of the mix.
And on 70's recordings I hear tape corrosion and shuffling artists in the room.

Going back to the T1 it is throwing sounds out of the image, does that sound great? yes.

When I need the correct image I will reach for the 82's and for gaming I would not use anything else now, that is why I bought two as I had thoughts of what if they get discontinued and I break them in a freak gaming accident.

Other will not have this opinion and that is great we all hear different things, it is all about the music, we all have different ways and means of feeding the frequencies to our brains.

I am just glad I now have this headphone as the image flavored can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back