Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 22, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #1,501 of 4,538
On Tomtop one reviewer posted this comparison of Pro 82 and Sony MDR-Z7:
"Awesome!I own several headphones also some reference headphones from big brands. Now I sell my Sony MDR-Z7 because in direct comparison the Takstar Pro 82 is the better choice for my taste. Bass ist as good and voices are more clear in and authentic way. Often female voices sound a bit to dark with the Z7. With the Takstar Pro 82 e.g. Loreena McKennitt sound like as I know her from live concerts. Ok, the built quality and material used for the Z7 is on a higher level. Soundwise the Sony is not worth the price 14 times. Soundwise both are on the same level! As a little information I added a measurement of both.Full stars from me. Good job! For a detailed review in german language visit my site www.miniklangwunder.de the next days."

upload_2018-2-22_1-19-31.jpeg

If you ignore the 2 bass boosted lines, Pro 82 looks similar to MDR-Z7, with much better extension on both ends.

Being on the same level as Z7 is sure impressive.
Does anyone else have Z7 and can compare it with Pro 82?

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #1,503 of 4,538
Ben, I think that including direct links when you post reviews would be very helpful.

Link to product page with review mentioned above (review posted January 28, 2018):

https://www.tomtop.com/p-i3156s.html

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #1,508 of 4,538
Letting the pads warm up for a while sometimes helps.

My Takstar is on the way now, but what is puzzling is the lack of proper reviews around on the internet. Not many have bothered with it which is quite strange.

I wonder whether it never had enough publicity so there are really no real reviews other than Z and one other guy.

What really surprises me is the current cost at around £46 and that’s the headphone with a bag and that case! For what you get, it’s very cheap.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #1,509 of 4,538
Any budget amps in the sub 100 range that'll add a bit of punch to these? I'm thinking fiio Q1 II or perhaps something much cheaper (or both) like toppings. I'm a real amp/dac noobie.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #1,510 of 4,538
Any budget amps in the sub 100 range that'll add a bit of punch to these? I'm thinking fiio Q1 II or perhaps something much cheaper (or both) like toppings. I'm a real amp/dac noobie.

There are several, and this to me one of the best budget dac/amps you can buy.

Syba Sonic = https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-DAC63057-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B009WN7QT4/

Has a bass or treble boost if those float your boat. Overall decent. Best? No, but seriously good for the price and for someone on a budget.

If you want an amp only with some punch, maybe a cheapie tube? There are a few out there but I don't have any cheapie tubes to recommend unfortunately. My amps are all neutral solid states for the most part. I have heard decent things from the monoprice tube amp that is fairly cheap and under $100.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #1,511 of 4,538
There are several, and this to me one of the best budget dac/amps you can buy.

Syba Sonic = https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-DAC63057-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B009WN7QT4/

Has a bass or treble boost if those float your boat. Overall decent. Best? No, but seriously good for the price and for someone on a budget.

If you want an amp only with some punch, maybe a cheapie tube? There are a few out there but I don't have any cheapie tubes to recommend unfortunately. My amps are all neutral solid states for the most part. I have heard decent things from the monoprice tube amp that is fairly cheap and under $100.

Thanks that was unknown to me, but makes my head ache with all those different versions :anguished:. Have been looking at NX1s.

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #1,513 of 4,538
Thanks that was unknown to me, but makes my head ache with all those different versions :anguished:. Have been looking at NX1s.

Any entry level DAC will do like an smsl m3.

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #1,514 of 4,538
Waiting for more impressions before pulling the trigger.
Does anyone have a m50x that they can compare it to?
It's currently what I'm using and I'm not sure if the PRO82s are going to be much of an upgrade.
I don't have the M50x but I tried it side by side with the Pro 82 multiples times. I say it definitely is an upgrade even with the lower price tag BUT it depends on what gear you use. The M50x shines on mobile phones and laptops because it is easy to drive but the Pro 82 beats it in almost all departments (soundstage, clarity, bass details, highs, mids are debatable but gets better with the cotton mod, separation and definitely imaging) with proper driving. I use the E12A amp which has great synergy. Tried the E17K, mojo and nano bl as well. They sound great but I like the E12A with cayin n5ii as dap the best.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #1,515 of 4,538
I currently don't have any external amps but I typically use 3 devices for sources.

ZTE Axon 7 (ak4490en DAC, AK4961 codec)
Lenovo Vibe X3 (ess sabre9018c2m DAC, 3 x OPA1612 amp)
PC/Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7 (Core3Di Chipset, OPA2134 amp)

Would the Takstar Pro 82 sound good on any of these?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back