Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 18, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,457 of 4,538
Could he be so critical to these headphones, because he has vested interest in selling his amps, which are supposed to fix the "flaws"?

I would advice to keep calm, we are talking about the headphones, right? Don't ruin your credibility like others try to do. Personally I found his findings very consistent with mines, especially DT-1350 (which is a very complex case) and MDR-1A. It doesn't mean you have to follow his opinions blindly, as usually common sense is your best friend. He is trying to be honest and I appreciate it *very high*. Actually I'm glad he reviewed Pro 82, he did a pretty good job, and I might bought them *because* of this review. Be it several months before, I wouldn't bother to write any impressions, since also MDR-1A is reviewed on his blog so anyone can make a conclusion. As a result, I have a luxury of owning them both but I don't regret. It's still a cheap experience.

Feb 18, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #1,460 of 4,538
Oh, ok. I have a lot of headphones and would have been willing to swap something. Don't really want to buy a Takstar just to try it tbh.

The amp comment by Ben was really out of order as well Myrrs. I thought that an awful thing to say. Especially since Solderdude doesn't sell any amps or make money with them.

He designed them for Garage1217 so here's another example of Ben just surmising and making things up.

Solderdude never raves over a headphone. He can be quite strongly objective a lot of the time, but that's not to say he's incapable of listening.

In fact, he has a very keen ear and knows what He's talking about.

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #1,461 of 4,538
...Because he has worked with companies in the past DOESN'T mean that he biased because of those companies. That's just daft. Are you suggesting that by criticising a cheap Chinese headphone he's protecting past companies? Really? Again, just daft.
If he helped create headphones that are currently on the market, and may compete with the headphones he is reviewing - that's a clear conflict of interests.

He designed them for Garage1217 so here's another example of Ben just surmising and making things up.
He is a part of the Garage1217 team, which indicates financial interest:
upload_2018-2-19_0-43-52.png

Even if he was doing this just for moral satisfaction, it still would be highly unethical to promote his invention by claiming it solves flaws he found in other products - without clearly stating in his "reviews" the relationship with Garage1217.

You are too influenced by your own hype tbh. Especially as you bought them and he didn't.
That's a weird statement to make. How getting free samples is supposed to help make unbiased reviews?
I bought over 150 headphones/DACs/amps - most of them get no use, even $1000+ ones.
I prefer 70$ LZ-A2 over 1000$ AKG3003 and FI-BA-SS, and 400$ Stax L300 over 1400$ L700 - yet I paid for all of them.
If paying for a headphone would ensure getting good reviews, then Pro 82 wouldn't be the only one with such crazy rating:
upload_2018-2-19_0-36-4.png

If you join the discussion with Solderdude he'll wipe the floor with you, so I understand your reticence and criticisms from afar. Far safer isn't it?
There is absolutely zero chance that he could convince me that bashing other products in order to promote his own product, which is supposed to fix those products' flaws, is ethical.

Oh, ok. I have a lot of headphones and would have been willing to swap something. Don't really want to buy a Takstar just to try it tbh.
You've been defending his point of view on Pro 82, and you haven't heard it yourself yet? Geez, man...
So all the reviews in the 2nd and 3rd post are wrong, 98.3% of buyers from TakstarAudio (114 5-star ratings out of 116 total) are wrong, but Solderdude is right?
If he hears it so differently from everybody else, maybe there is a chance he got it wrong?

I'll forward your review to him then since you believe that you're such an accurate reviewer. I'll add it to DIYAH so you can watch what he says. (If you have time :wink: )
Well, that will surely start a productive discussion :jecklinsmile: Are you trying to troll me, him, or both of us?
Never mind, ignore list to the rescue.

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #1,462 of 4,538
If he helped create headphones that are currently on the market, and may compete with the headphones he is reviewing - that's a clear conflict of interests.

He is a part of the Garage1217 team, which indicates financial interest:

Even if he was doing this just for moral satisfaction, it still would be highly unethical to promote his invention by claiming it solves flaws he found in other products - without clearly stating in his "reviews" the relationship with Garage1217.

That's a weird statement to make. How getting free samples is supposed to help make unbiased reviews?
I bought over 150 headphones/DACs/amps - most of them get no use, even $1000+ ones.
I prefer 70$ LZ-A2 over 1000$ AKG3003 and FI-BA-SS, and 400$ Stax L300 over 1400$ L700 - yet I paid for all of them.
If paying for a headphone would ensure getting good reviews, then Pro 82 wouldn't be the only one with such crazy rating:

There is absolutely zero chance that he could convince me that bashing other products in order to promote his own product, which is supposed to fix those products' flaws, is ethical.

You've been defending his point of view on Pro 82, and you haven't heard it yourself yet? Geez, man...
So all the reviews in the 2nd and 3rd post are wrong, 98.3% of buyers from TakstarAudio (114 5-star ratings out of 116 total) are wrong, but Solderdude is right?
If he hears it so differently from everybody else, maybe there is a chance he got it wrong?

Well, that will surely start a productive discussion :jecklinsmile: Are you trying to troll me, him, or both of us?
Never mind, ignore list to the rescue.

I found this thread after watching Zeos' review the day it came out. It's been a while now. I bought a pair of 82's only a couple days later after finding this thread and catching up to it's latest posts. I've been following the posts since then and it was a great ride for a while. The headphones are great by the way, at least for me. I'm new to the audiophile scene and I can't compare them to much anything else besides Sony WH-1000x m2's. Long story short, no amount of tech and features can make up for how much fuller and complete these sound, on top of their great comfort. I'll also note that I use the rolled cotton mod (in my case paper towel), and I find that it gives me even greater comfort because I have larger ears. The bass also feels a bit more substantial too, which is nice.

Anyways, this thread has completely derailed and is no longer worth following. People are allowed to feel however ever they feel about these headphones. Like them, hate them, who cares. Fakes, no fakes, I don't care. Roll the dice or don't, be an adult and make an educated choice based on your own research. Voice your opinions, as you should, but the attacks over the disagreements of statements (from either side) is getting annoying and tiring. This thread was a nice break from all of the political BS going on around, but not anymore. No body should care this much about what other people say about headphones. If you love them, pass it along to your friends and family, and etc. If you don't, same thing, but opposite, tell them to avoid them like the black plague. It's your right and duty if you truly feel that way. I've personally bought extra pairs as gifts for family, and I keep trying to convince my coworkers that they're great headphones, but most of them have never heard of Takstar, and don't want to buy, "cheap Chinese, off-brand headphones." What ever, their loss in my eyes.

Ben F, you were great for a nice while, but your fanboy-ism has gotten in the way and made your posts intolerable. Your inability to think logically, and brush off comments and reviews you don't agree with have made you sound much too arrogant and immature. I apologize for the harshness, but you've taken the differences in opinion far too personally. Also, you can't get upset at others for not being able to take your word as the only pure voice from Takstar. You're just another random person online, just like the rest of us. We have no idea who you are and we have no reason to trust that what you've heard from an Ali-express seller is legitimate or the full-truth. I know you don't feel that way, but unless we were to receive official word from Takstar themselves, there is no guarantee.

Long story short, GLHF. I'm out. Thanks for the great headphones. I hope this thread doesn't completely die from all of the bull, but maybe it's a good thing if it does.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #1,463 of 4,538
No. I'm not trolling. Just responding to your statements that are unfounded and downright incorrect concerning someone I know very well.

Just because I'm challenging what you say about someone else who doesn't appear on here to defend himself, you've resorted to calling me names?

I am extremely offended by what you've said about Solderdude based on supposition.

Solderdude IS NOT part of Garage1217. He designed the amps and was never on a payroll. He has no vested interest whatsoever. He is always very respectful and honest.

You don't have to agree with him but dishing out statements about him the way you have has now shown others on the forum that you have no respect for others' views so making your own review perhaps flawed too. You seem to have a point to make.

My criticisms have not been about the headphone, which is probably good value for money like the microphones they sell, but about your totally incorrect personal statements regarding another individual and his review.

I will certainly post your review on DIYAH and others can then see a proper discussion rather than some kind of bowing down by a fanboy.

No harm in being a fanboy but it's something else when you try to put down someone to make yourself look good.

That's my biggest objection.

All I can ask is following this, how many people will regard your review seriously now? :wink:

Slothstronaught, try joining the discussion on DIYAH. It's way less prone to this kind of adulation. You are quite right- the fanboyism has really tainted any review that appears which is exactly why Solderdude reviews calmly and objectively.

The issue of possible 'fakes' was brought up because of the acute ears of one of our members who wrote here just to warn of the possibility. He has since deleted his messages on here due to the ensuing barrage.

He had sent both headphones that he bought to Solderdude for testing who then reviewed them and compared.

On checking with codes, the Takstar site came up with a slightly strange answer regarding the older one and Solderdude had seen obvious differences inside. In fact, Takstar didn't acknowledge it as a past or current headphone. This is the place where we are supposed to check for fakes.

Solderdude wasn't certain that 'fakery was involved but just 'development's of the headphone but was puzzled that the site didn't acknowledge that it was even an old Takstar version.

The reaction on here was just over the top.

So apologies to everyone for the disruption. I look forward to this character's own review which will be discussed on DIYAH.

Anyone putting another reviewer down prior to their own review has issues and need a little more 'challenging perhaps?

I find it curious that by challenging someone, I get labelled by him as a troll. Also, I'm not allowed to comment about a review or reviewer because I don't have the headphone? I didn't realise that this was an 'owners only' club. Seriously?

I don't often post here until I see something that is just unfair and really not true.

So I'll now leave the thread alone so it can continue unchallenged but will follow up on my own site once I see this review.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #1,467 of 4,538
Oh ..... before I go. Has anyone bought a pro82 on Ebay at around £46?

If so, are they OK? Might try one myself at that price. :wink:
I did. If its Melisocy you're buying from I'd recommend getting them from Tomtop instead as they're dropshipping from there. The pair I bought from them were faulty however a friend also bought from the same place and his are fine, so just bad luck on my part perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back